X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wcw
    replied
    Re: OUI/MMUI Store Framework Exporter Beta

It does not. I realized back in 2x using the ID to tie to 3rd party modules was a bad idea. People imported and replaced (rather than update) products with the same product without abandon. Hence the ID changes. So most (but not all) of my modules rely on the product code. There are a couple that do use the ID. For those, I made an export module for 4x and an import module for 5x so those are covered. I suspect most developers have done the same thing if they were relating to the ID.

Leave a comment:

• netblazon
    replied

The problem I had with the previous data transfer was the fact that it "reset" all of the numeric ids (products.d.id, categories.d.id, etc). This meant that since all third-party modules reference those records by ID (or they should have, anyway) this resetting of the ID field broken referential integrity with third-party modules.

In other words, in the MM4 store, product with the code "ABC123" might have Products.d.id = 253, but in the new MM5 store that id would typically change to a new value.

Does this new exporter keep the same numeric IDs between the MM4 store and the MM5 one? If so I can see this one being huge for us.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Sounds good. :)

I think that you might want to mention it in the Merchant 5 forum as well, because i am sure that some of the visitors would like to know about this as well (and possibly they don't visit the Merchant 4 forums).

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

Here's how I think of it -

The framework export - Look & Feel

The Order History and Catalog Exporter - Data

Rick, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

So the only thing that requires MMUI is the Framework Exporter.

The Order History and Catalog Exporter can then import into any MM5 PR7 store, regardless of UI.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Hi there, Leslie, Rick, Bill and Bill:

As Bill W. mentioned, a lot of customers would want to import things into a new Wombat / CSSUI store.

Can you export ALL the data from an OUI store and inport it into a 5.5 CSSUI store?

Or would the only way to do that be to export a framework, which then won't work with 5.5 CSSUI?

As for the OUI data, preferably Category Header / Footer content and Product header / Footer content.

Thanks in advance for any clarifications.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

@Bill Davis,

A Framework is a term we use in 5.5 that is an installable package of all the template files. This allows you to make 5.5 Look and Feel's Portable.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

Then it seems you could skip the framework export. Take the catalog export and edit the file to remove the store and user settings. Then there are some settings that mention mmui components (e.g. headers and footer). Do a find and change them to cssui components instead of mmui. This is what I did with an experimental upgrade5.mvc created provide.xml a couple months ago. It took me about 30 minutes to edit the file. Then create the CSSUI store manually, adding the store info and one admin user. Then use xml import to pull in the edited export file. Then import the orders with the same xml import.

Except for adding two modules afterwards, the result is at http://www.pinemporium.com/SFNT.html If you ever shopped at Emporium Plus since 2001, you can lookup your order history. The glitch is there are no dates with the orders. If it had not been for that minor bug, I would have converted emporium plus to 5x back in April. Now with Wombat updates I barely have time to eat.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

Originally posted by wcw View Post
    Somebody should definitely test that. 90% (that's a WAG) of the 4x stores are going to want a 5x CSSUI store. But they probably would be happy if they didn't have to input the user, owner, etc manually. It would be nice to know just what the framework export is supposed to be doing.

The Export Catalog to Miva Merchant 5.x XML File module exports the following:

Store Settings
    Groups and Users
    Countries
    States
    Categories
    Category Hierarchy
    Products
    Related Products
    Attribute Templates
    Upsold Product Settings
    Affiliates
    Customers
    Availability Groups
    Price Groups
    Module Settings

It is imported via the Import Data from XML File import module. It does not include any of the look and feel.

Again the module has been designed to get the OUI look & feel exported and be able to import it into Wombat. I don't know if there are plans to include a version that would import into CSSUI - I have a feeling there is a lot more work involved to get that functionality due to all the differences between the MMUI layout and the CSSUI layout.

The Framework export did a pretty good job of recreating the OUI look & feel. It brought in all the layout images and even any CSS files being used. It wasn't "perfect" but it would save hours of work getting a MM4 look and feel moved over to Wombat IF you want to go with MMUI.

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied

Could you folks elaborate a little as to the term "Frameworks"?

We have one MM5.5 store, but have never used it. We also have another MM4.24 store, and planning on migrating to MM5.5.
    Last edited by William Davis; 06-29-10, 06:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

Somebody should definitely test that. 90% (that's a WAG) of the 4x stores are going to want a 5x CSSUI store. But they probably would be happy if they didn't have to input the user, owner, etc manually. It would be nice to know just what the framework export is supposed to be doing.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

If you want to use the Wombat CSSUI, then no you can't use the module that creates the package. I didn't test the modules with the method you are asking about, but I can give it a shot and report back a bit later.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

So if you don't want the MMUI wombat you skip the frameworks export, right? Does that mean you manually have to create the CSSUI store and fill in all the stuff like owners, users, etc? Or is that data part of the catalog export?

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

It should be noted that the notoriously missing OUI header & footer info IS exported with this Exporter.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

Originally posted by wcw View Post
    It does not create a framework file. I am assuming it gets the previously unavailable data in some of the fields like headers and footers. The previous exporter did get the data if it was mmui, but not openui.
    Actually Bill there are 4 modules in the zip, two of them will export the look & feel into a Framework package. One is for a OUI layout, the other is if you are still using MMUI. But the beta is geared towards gathering as much of the layout and content as possible.

Then you take the exported pkg file, import and install it into a non-CSSUI Wombat store. The key is non-CSSUI - it's meant for MMUI only.

Bill is absolutely correct with his explanation of
    this Framework exporter does NOT attempt to parse the OUI tokens
    Mark what data are you looking for? I'll peek into my dev site where I beta tested this at and see if it's there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X