X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Re: OUI/MMUI Store Framework Exporter Beta

Yup, deleting the store is definitely not an option here either, as I was just trying to grab the last bit of missing data before going live. The site is way beyond starting over.

Leave a comment:

• gsam
    replied

I placed a ticket on this and after 3 days I got a response...."You need to delete the store, and then before you re-add it click the settings tab and choose Miva Merchant look and feel. " I replied by saying that's not really an option. If nothing else can be done please overwrite my store with a backup.

I'm still waiting on a response.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

That's interesting - I just checked and sure enough there are 2 now. I'll pass that on to support since they are now looking at it.

Leslie

Leave a comment:

• gsam
    replied

When you view a product or category do you now have 2 tabs labeled Header/Footer?

I also used the XML provisioning to import the prod_ctgy_hdft.htm and I now have 2 Header/Footer tabs on every category and product.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

Okay I submitted a ticket. Everything seemed to go okay with the XML import of the .html file but when I went to look at the products them self, the data was not there. I have no idea where the data went to

Leave a comment:

• Jim McCormick
    replied

Originally posted by lesliekirk View Post
    Hmmm, looking at the store in question and all I see is the "Export Catalog to Miva Merchant 5.x XML File" - I don't see a framework exporter. Maybe I need to (re)install the module?

Leslie
    No, you just need to install the framework exporter.

https://support.mivamerchant.com/sup...ework-exporter

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

Hmmm, looking at the store in question and all I see is the "Export Catalog to Miva Merchant 5.x XML File" - I don't see a framework exporter. Maybe I need to (re)install the module?

Leslie

Leave a comment:

• wsmith
    replied

Leslie,

If I remember correctly the header and footer information is stored within the framework export and not the catalog export. Run the framework export tool on the 4.x store to export the look and feel of the OUI store. Download that pkg (framework.pkg) to your desktop. Rename the 'framework_name'.pkg to 'framework_name'.tar.bz2 and use winzip or winrar to extract the files. You should now have a directory with the 'framework_name' called components. Go into that directory and try importing the hdft.html or prod_catgy_hdft file into the version 5 store ('x'.html files can then be imported via the Import Data from XML File).

I haven't done this in a long time so I apologize if I've missed a step. Keep us posted and if you continue to have trouble, please open up a ticket with support. If you do open up a ticket with support please make sure to reference this post.

Thanks,

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied

Bringing this one back to life. Looks like the MM4 store has the upgrade5_catalog module installed and was probably used to populate their MM5.5 store. Unfortunately, it looks like the OUI Header & Footer data did not transfer over. What would be the best course of action on this?

Thanks!
    Leslie

Leave a comment:

• Eric
    replied

Hi Miva,

Is their a newer version of this openUI exporter tool it has been about a year since the last posted version of 4.2408?

Thank You,

Leave a comment:

• wsmith
    replied

Steve,

Open up a ticket with support ([email protected]) and attach the files. In the subject please put ATTN: Engineering and include a link to this post and a brief description of the issue. Please also note what version of the export-openui-layout5.mvc the store is currently using.

Wayne, if you need any server info like engine version, etc. let me know.
    David,

Engine version right now might be good to know as the tools don't play well with some older versions.

Thanks,

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• ILoveHostasaurus
    replied

Wayne, if you need any server info like engine version, etc. let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Advanz Design
    replied

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the in depth response. Hostasaurus initially provided the export/import of the OUI framework so not all of the images are missing from the storefront, but pertain to missing some of the category tree images and most of the category title images. The physical images exist as they were all copied over entact, but oddly some of the image paths did not come through.

After trying to export/import the data several times on a local test platform, I noticed that these missing images originated in the exported framework file (i.e. category_title.html and category_tree.htm files) so perhaps I stumbled upon a bug in the OUI layout exporter? If necessary, I can provide these files for your troubleshooting reference.

For now, we'll have to continue on by manually inputting this missing data through the admin as the client can't afford to suspend this upgrade too much longer. If anyone knows of a faster work around to administrate this data please let me know.

Best regards,

Leave a comment:

• wsmith
    replied

Steve,

Applying the upgrade5.mvc (provide.xml) after using the newer tools is not required. You do want to make sure to export/import in the following order.

1) upgrade5_catalog.mvc
    2) Apply framework* (export-mmui-layout5.mvc or export-openui-layout5.mvc).
    3) upgrade5_orders.mvc

*Framework can only be applied to a store running Miva Merchant Look & Feel for the Store User Interface. Data can be extracted to be applied to a store running to either Store User Interface.

The framework contains the category_tree and category_title information. If you did not apply an exported framework; this could be why the data is missing. You should be able to take a copy of the framework, rename the extension from .pkg to .tar.bz2 and extract the data with winrar or winzip. Look within the components directory once the data has been extracted. You can pick and choose which information you would like to re-import and import via the Import Data from XML File section.

buttons.htm
    category_title.htm
    category_tree.htm
    colors.htm
    customerlink.htm
    fonts.htm
    hdft.htm
    XXXX_messages.htm
    navbar.htm
    prod_ctgy_hdft.htm
    product_display.htm
    product_list.htm

Attached is a rough draft of instructions for the newer tools (export-mmui-layout5.mvc or export-openui-layout5.mvc, upgrade5_catalog.mvc, upgrade5_orders.mvc) and any feedback would be great.

OUI/MMUI Store Framework Exporter Beta
    https://support.mivamerchant.com/sup...mid=57&nav=0,1

Report any issues to Miva Merchant Support and provide specific steps to replicate.

Thank you,

Wayne
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Advanz Design
    replied

Hi Folks,

After keeping tabs on this thread, I'm still wondering what is the latest official upgrade procedure? I'm having a problem with a particular storefront upgrade that Hostaurus is helping with where some of the catree/title image paths aren't coming through. There are quite a few categories involved so I would approximate that at least a couple hundred of images are affected.

I stumbled upon this issue by accident so I'm not sure if there other data related oddities yet to be discovered. If this issue can be solved by trying to export/import the store data again, it would prevent the inconvenience of having to manually input this data in the admin.

Before these new tools were available I recall that I would run the upgrade5.mvc in MM4 and then process the provide.xml file in the MM5 storefront. Is this still step still required or is it superseded by the tools/files contained in the framework exporter beta zip file or even both?

Rick or Wayne: could you please chime in if no official approach has been established yet?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X