• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied
    Re: OUI/MMUI Store Framework Exporter Beta

Hi again, Preston:

Yes, This IS a CSSUI store that I am trying to fix.

I noticed if I go to Pages -> Items there are TWO MMUI items listed. Do I need to remove these, too?

They Are:

colors MMUI Miscellaneous Colors
    fonts MMUI Fonts

And if I click the Add Items Popup Button, I see a LOT more, such as:

cmp-mmui-afae MMUI Affiliate Add/Edit
    cmp-mmui-afflink MMUI Affiliate Sign-in Link
    cmp-mmui-attributes MMUI Product Attributes
    cmp-mmui-basket MMUI Basket Contents

(there are a total of 23 listed with -mmui- in them).

Do I need to remove all of these as well?

and then in the Global Settings -> Modules there are lots of modules with MMUi in the names / codes. Are they supposed to be there?

Here are some of them:

mmui_stsl MMUI Store Selection Edit
    cmp-mmui-afae MMUI Affiliate Add/Edit Edit
    cmp-mmui-afflink MMUI Affiliate Sign-in Link Edit
    cmp-mmui-attributes MMUI Product Attributes Edit
    cmp-mmui-basket MMUI Basket Contents Edit

etc., etc., etc...

will I need to remove all these modules as well?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• pbrynie
    replied

To view the module code from which any item was created from, click the edit button next to that item.

As far as the edits to the XML provisioning code, you'll need to replace all of the MMUI module codes with their CSSUI counterparts. In this case, you'd replace all occurrences of cmp-mmui-pchdft with cmp-cssui-pchdft. Keep in mind, this is assuming you're attempting to add these headers and footers to a CSSUI store.

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Thank You, Preston!!!

To resolve this, unassign the newly created item that the provisioning code created and delete it.
    Is there an easy way to tell which is the newly created item (as opposed to the original item)?
    In order to correctly run provisioning code intended for a MMUI store in a CSSUI store, you'll need to modify the module codes in the XML.
    How do I correctly modify the module codes in the XML file? I can open it up and do a global search and replace, but don't what I should change ti from and what I should change it to.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• pbrynie
    replied

If you inspect the provisioning code you processed to add the headers and footers, you'll see the module code it used was a MMUI module called cmp-mmui-pchdft.

To resolve this, unassign the newly created item that the provisioning code created and delete it. Then go to Global Settings > Modules and deactivate the cmp-mmui-pchdft module. That will get you back to only one Headers & Footers tab. In order to correctly run provisioning code intended for a MMUI store in a CSSUI store, you'll need to modify the module codes in the XML.

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

New Problem:

After doing the XML imports, I now have TWO Header & Footer tabs in the admin panel.

Seriously!!!

If you look right below the highlighter Header & Footer tab, you will see another Header & Footer tab.

When I imported the XML files, it put all the OUI header info into the top Header & Footer tab. Unfortunately, that top tab does not work. Anything posted in that tab will not display on the CTGY page.

If I paste / copy text into the bottom Header & Footer tab, then it does display on the CTGY page.

Help!

Leave a comment:

• pbrynie
    replied

The control.xml file is checked during installation of the framework to verify that all of the necessary modules and items are present as well as update the page settings and item assignments.

As far as the category data, the prod_ctgy_hdft.htm should provide you with all of the XML provisioning code to import the category headers and footers that were present in the store that the framework was exported from. Also, frameworks do not contain the actual categories or alter their display orders, only their header and footer content.

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Ok, another day, another question:

At what part of the import process is the control.xml file supposed to be imported? First? Last? somewhere in the middle?

Or do I not need it?

I imported the catalog.xml file and the prod_ctgy_hdft.htm and that seems to have gotten most of it. (Although my categories are out of order and the category header doesn't seem to be showing, but that is a question for another thread).

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Well if it's done, then no biggie. I would've suggested trying on 5.10, but not 100% sure it would've helped.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

What engine?

p.s., I did remedy it by staying up way past my bed time and then copying and pasting parts of the XML file one part at a time into the XML fragments field. I do NOT recommend this to any one. Copying and pasting 70,000 lines of XML should NOT be done in the wee hours of the morning.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

What engine?

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Hi again, Everyone:

I keep getting an application timed out error whenever I try to IMPORT the category.xml file into my site.

I go to:

Utilities -> Import Data -> Import Data from XML File

check XML file and click the Upload button

Check Overwrite, Browse, select the file, then click the Upload button

The catalog.xml file is 5.28 megs. I am only uploading with DSL which is probably only transferring about 30 to 50k per second.

thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

UPDATE TO POST IMMEDIATELY ABOVE (#112)

When I changed the file extension from .pkg to just bz2, I was able to extract a file, using winrar, that had the same name but no extension.

I then opened this file (with no extension) in winrar and that allowed me to extract all the other files.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Hi there, Wayne:

You can run the OUI Framework Exporter on the 4.x store, rename the .pkg file to .tar.bz2 and use a program like winrar or winzip to extract the files.
    I tried this. Unfortunately didn't work so well.

- The export seemed to run smoothly
    - I renamed the framework to end in .tar.bz2
    - I extracted with winrar
    - There was only one folder, named images, and one image file in there

So there were no other folders or files in the archive framework. Although it was fairly large (768K - I don't know how large it was supposed to be).

Any help is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

In addition to the order export not working correctly (posts #107-110 above), the catalog export has got a major bug too. I have version 4.2404 of that module. It is setting every product as tracking inventory, i.e <TrackProduct>Yes</TrackProduct>. Course this puts 1/3 of the store out of stock since in the 4x store the tracking was off for those 200 products and the stock level 0. Do you have an ETA for either of these modules and these two bugs?

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

It says Order information (XXXX/19107) and increments through the numbers. It stops at about 9059/19107. That is the same thing it did before. Jon had given me an upgrade5.mvc back in March or April and it did everything, including every order. But the only thing messed up was the date of the orders were not exported. Other than that, it made a perfect provide.xml file. I edited out the mmui stuff and store create and did a nice import. If I had known that date was not going to get fixed, I would have just written a little script to import the dates from the 4x after the order had been imported. I did that last month but now my data is old and I can't get all the orders. This new order export gets the date but only gets half the orders. Oh, and it does say export complete after exporting only half the orders.
    Last edited by wcw; 12-24-10, 02:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X