X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied
    Re: OUI/MMUI Store Framework Exporter Beta

After checking with the good people at hostasaurus, it was decided to restore from a backup before the category header and footer import.

So hopefully I will have some good news after I try to re-import the category headers and footers.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

I would check with Scott. I don't know if his module exports the data from 4x though.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Seems like you could have brought up the CTGY and PROD page templates and unassigned the prod_ctgy_hdft item(s). Then go to the master items list and delete the item(s). Pack. Then add a new item. Fill the "code" input with prod_ctgy_hdft. Then fill the "module" input with cmp-cssui-pchdft. Then you would only have one item with that code and only one module associated with that item.
    I did attempt that, but maybe I didn't do it completely or in the right order.

Any suggestions going forward?

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

Seems like you could have brought up the CTGY and PROD page templates and unassigned the prod_ctgy_hdft item(s). Then go to the master items list and delete the item(s). Pack. Then add a new item. Fill the "code" input with prod_ctgy_hdft. Then fill the "module" input with cmp-cssui-pchdft. Then you would only have one item with that code and only one module associated with that item. But I think it is too late for that.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Hi there, Bill:

How did those duplicates happen? I must have missed something. You should not have had duplicates unless you tried to import the XML in an existing store where you had manually added headers and footers before the import. If that is not the case, there may be a bug in the import file where it is running the same headers twice.
    Yes, there was a bug in the import file.

the first line of the prod_ctgy_hdft.htm included this in the modulecode:

cmp-mmui-pchdft

(which woruld work if it were an MMUI store)

when what it was supposed to include was this:

cmp-cssui-pchdft

(which is correct for a CSSUI store).

This gave me TWO Header & Footer tabs in the Category Templates.

Preston told by to deactivate the cmp-mmui-pchdft module 9since that is for an MMUI store and mine is a CSSUI store)

I did that. and then I tried importing the prod_ctgy_hdft.htm again.

Which gave me the duplicate Header entry errors you saw above.

So, that is where I am at now...

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

How did those duplicates happen? I must have missed something. You should not have had duplicates unless you tried to import the XML in an existing store where you had manually added headers and footers before the import. If that is not the case, there may be a bug in the import file where it is running the same headers twice.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

I would contact Scott before I'd wipe out the product and categories and start over.
    Is there any particular reason NOT to wipe out the products and categories if I haven't made any modifications to them? They haven't been touched since I imported them with the catalog.xml file.

How many didn't get imported? If it was a handful, just copy and paste them.
    None of them (headers and footers) got imported, so it would be about 200.

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

I would contact Scott before I'd wipe out the product and categories and start over. How many didn't get imported? If it was a handful, just copy and paste them.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Hmmm...

OK, I guess I could do this:

1) Delete all products and categories
    2) Re-run just the category add and product add from the category.xml file
    3) Re run the prod_ctgy_hdft.htm

The information on the sebenza site for the category header / footer import module is, sadly, lacking.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

I would think that would do it. However, you will have to reassign all your product to categories because their old category would be gone. There was also a bug in a category mass deletion in the early days of 5x related to the product:catcount. I don't know if it was corrected. Doesn't Sebenza have a category header/footer import module? I would think that module checks if it is already there or not.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

You could delete all the categories and start over.
    Hmmm.... so just go into the Miva Admin, display all the categories, click the Check All box, and hit update. Then just re-import the categories and then run the XML file for the headers / footers, right?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

You could delete all the categories and start over. So category ID 158 would no longer exist. When re-imported it might be ID 500, or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

Hi there, Bill:

thanks for the insights.

If the template already exists, you would get the error above.
    is there an easy SQL command to drop all those category header / footer templates so I can then re-run the XML file?

There is a different API function for updating an existing template but that is not used with the XML import since it is assuming everything is new.
    Is there a way to access that API function easily? for instance, could I modify the XML file so that instead of attempting to create NEW headers / footers, it would instead try to update them?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• wcw
    replied

Those cmp-cssui-pchdft take the 4x text and insert it into the database for that category and then compile a template for that header or footer. If the template already exists, you would get the error above. There is a different API function for updating an existing template but that is not used with the XML import since it is assuming everything is new.

Leave a comment:

• Siamese-Dream.Com
    replied

One more thing:

After I changed all occurrences of cmp-mmui-pchdft with cmp-cssui-pchdft in the prod_ctgy_hdft.htm and tried to re-import it, I got this error:

Runtime error in /mm5/5.00/features/tui/tui_db.mvc @ [0000003c:0000004c]: Line 1572: MvQUERY: mysql_execute: Duplicate entry 'c158-header.mvc' for key 2 0
    Runtime error in /mm5/5.00/features/tui/tui_db.mvc @ [0000003c:0000004c]: Line 1572: MvQUERY: mysql_execute: Duplicate entry 'c159-header.mvc' for key 2 0
    Runtime error in /mm5/5.00/features/tui/tui_db.mvc @ [0000003c:0000004c]: Line 1572: MvQUERY: mysql_execute: Duplicate entry 'c160-header.mvc' for key 2 0
    Runtime error in /mm5/5.00/features/tui/tui_db.mvc @ [0000003c:0000004c]: Line 1572: MvQUERY: mysql_execute: Duplicate entry 'c161-header.mvc' for key 2 0

etc., etc., etc...
    Since this is a development store, I kind of get the feeling I am going to have to start from scratch... But I would much prefer not to.
    Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 01-06-11, 11:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X