Consequences of not being PA-DSS Validated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consequences of not being PA-DSS Validated

What are the consequences of not being PA-DSS Validated?

Our site uses Miva 4.24. We only use Credit Card Payment With Simple Validation, and run credit card numbers manually using a terminal in our office. Will we have any problems if we do not upgrade to Miva Merchant 5.5?

We're in the process of developing a new (replacement) website with different (non-Miva) shopping cart software. We should launch in a couple of months. I don't want to invest time and energy upgrading our Miva installation unless I really have to.

Re: Consequences of not being PA-DSS Validated

I read some more posts in this forum and learned that yes, this issue will affect our site.

But I still don't know HOW it will affect our site. Will the store stop working? Will customers get a warning message about the site not being PA-DSS Validated? Will our site be listed in some big black book of evil websites?

Please let me know what the consequences will be for us, and our customers.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Consequences of not being PA-DSS Validated

One of the consequences is that you may be fined each month that your store is not compliant. This may be as little as say 15-20 bucks extra per month but could be more. It is also possible that you may lose your ability to accept / charge / process credit cards through your processor.

I don't know this for a fact, your best bet would be to get with your current processor company and talk to them about it.
      Kent
      www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

Working...
      X