I Edited Orders.dbf and then Uploaded it - MESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Edited Orders.dbf and then Uploaded it - MESS

I was having a timing-out problem when packing ORDERS and PRODUCTS database files through the Open Maintainance link on Miva admin ( v4.12).
    The ORDERS file would also return this error message:

Index 'ord_id.mvx00000001' was created with the UNIQUE flag and the key '11512' already exists in the index file

Spoke to my hosting co Miva person who said that I should delete duplicate records from the ORDERS file. I edited the file with CDBF editor & viewer and uploaded to the site.
    Now I have ancient orders - which were deleted - appear as unbatched orders and new orders not showing in the Miva "Unbatched orders" link.
    HELP, Any recommendations?
    Shlomo

Re: I Edited Orders.dbf and then Uploaded it - MESS

Hey Shlomo, did you run OpenUI maintenance after uploading the file?
    Andreas Toman
    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
    We built over 200 Miva Merchant stores!
    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and see our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
    web: www.pcinet.com
    LinkedIn: Andreas Toman
    phone: (786) 250-2056 (Miami, FL)

Comment

Re: I Edited Orders.dbf and then Uploaded it - MESS

uh...did the "miva" folks explain HOW to edit the Orders dbf file? Its not as simple as just deleting things from the Orders.dbf. You need to check OrderItems, OrderOptions, OrderCharges and Batches databases as well...then do the maintainance as Andreas suggested.

(the safer way would have been to delete those duplicate orders from within the Merchant admin.)
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X