Production Release 8 Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

[QUOTE=lickx;418775]Every once in a while the totals on the invoices don't add up. On this one it did not subtract the coupons and the correct total was collected for payment.

Are you using a third party module to handle coupons? Look for an "apply before tax computation" setting and toggle that. You probably want that ON for taxable items and OFF for non-taxable items.

Comment

Unused Items can mess up Category Product List and Related Product List

Category Product List Layout and Related Product List Layout will not work if body or color Items are turned off, even when there is no use of those Items in the SMT code. This is a long-standing bug going back several updates.

Comment

Hi kwgarrett

In a mmui store the cmp-mmui-prodlist module which is used to draw the product list for those pages calls on the both the "body" and "color" items. For the product lists to function correctly both those items need to be assigned to the page, even if they are not used anywhere else in the template code.

In a Cssui store the cmp-cssui-prodlist works differently and does not require the "body" or "color" items.

Are you having this issue in a cssui store?

-Eric
        Last edited by Eric Foresman; 05-19-14, 07:58 AM.
        Eric Foresman
        Software Tester
        Miva Merchant
        http://www.mivamerchant.com/
        [email protected]

Comment

It is indeed an MMUI store. Why does the module need the unused body and color items? Any chance of re-coding that to not be dependant on unused settings? That qualifies as a bug in my book.

I cannot tell you how much time I've wasted tracking down the strange disappearance of my related products to these two items that I do not use. Wasted. As in gone. As in time spent on an utterly non-productive pursuit without any edification. And this is only after I happened to notice that the related products were not showing up. Are there other Items that I must not turn off in order for that module (or others that you know of) to work? That would be a really big help. Seriously. Instead of me (and others) running into these booby traps, if the Miva developers know about this, how about documenting it?

Kevin Garrett

Comment

Turning "Track Inventory" Off resets other settings

We have a lot of drop ship items that go in and out of stock frequently. We keep the inventory at 0 and toggled the "track product" check box on and off depending on if the product is in stock or not.

We do not want the "Hide Out of Stock" settings for the affected product to change back to "Default".

We just noticed that when we toggle the "track product" to off, several other settings are reset to default

Current inventory - Reset to Blank
            Track Low Stock Level: - This is reset to Default
            Track Out of Stock Level: - This is reset to Default
            Hide Out of Stock Products: - This is reset to Default

Is this the correct action?

Should changing one setting reset several others?

Comment

Hi MTB2006

When you disable inventory tracking for a product, it deletes all the inventory settings for that product. If you want the settings to be retained you can toggle the "track out of stock level" setting on and off. This should achieve the same affect that you are after without reverting the product inventory settings to default.

Hope this helps

-Eric
              Eric Foresman
              Software Tester
              Miva Merchant
              http://www.mivamerchant.com/
              [email protected]

Comment

Bug? Dynamic pricing - can't update from main product?

Hi,
                We set up dynamic pricing on a product, and now we:
                - can not update the base price of a product from the main product screen.
                - can not update attribute prices from the attribute screen

To change pricing on attributes, we must now edit the individual product screens.
                ie - tshirt scrren (we used to do all from here)
                now
                disregard tshirt screen, and only edit "tshirt-small-red" screen and "tshirt-large-red" screen.

Bottom line, changing prices on attributes when using dynamic pricing (" Variant Price is set by the Inventory Product") changing prices must now be done on the variant page...

Is this normal, or a bug?
                If it is normal - wow, what a pain if you have more than a couple products.
                Am I missing something?

====
                Miva Merchant 5.5
                Production Release 8 Update 12
                Miva Merchant Engine v5.19
                Database API: mysql
                William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
                www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

Hey Bill,
                  That's normal behavior.

To update a few, you can update from the admin > Products > Enter product code > Select All (selects product and variants) > Check display price checkbox > Click Edit Here

Or you can try an import file if there are many more.
                  http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

Search Suggestions List deactivated products (suivant theme)

When I use the search box, it provides suggestions to click on. But it also includes deactivated products (at least the product CODE).

For instance, go to:

www.siamese-dream.com

Click on the magnifying glass and start typing in "jap"

You will see that one of the suggestions is "japanese-buddha-statue" which is a product CODE for a long deactivated product.

Is there any way to fix the search suggestios so that they don't show deactivated products?
                    Mark Romero
                    ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X