Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

Hi mhugen

I am unable to reproduce what you are seeing; I have tried with the payment methods check, COD, and credit card with simple validation. Which payflowpro and PO modules are you using? I would like to test with them if I can to see if I can find a bug.

Also I want to make sure I have the work flow down correctly.

1. With unprocessed orders in the store, go to legacy order processing
    2. Create a batch
    3. Go to the batches tab and click on the process orders button.

Is this correct?
    Eric Foresman
    Software Tester
    Miva Merchant
    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
    [email protected]

Comment

I am not sure if these are "bugs" or not...

First---
      When I create a FedEx Label through Miva, the “Link” in Enter Tracking Number does not automatically change to “FedEx.” It remains “none.”

If I Generate a Shipping Label and leave the default, CHECK “Mark Shipment as Shipped” a Shipment Confirmation Email is sent but the Tracking# Link does not work because the “Link” did not update from “none” to “FedEx.”

So to work around this, I started Un-Checking “Mark Shipment as Shipped” and then used Enter Tracking Number to manually change the Link to “FedEx” and then Checking “Shipped.” -- now the Shipment Confirmation Email has a working tracking link.

Is there something I need to do differently so that I don’t have to take these extra steps to get the Link to work? I’d like to be able to leave the default - CHECK “Mark Shipment as Shipped” and have the emails sent with the tracking link working.

Second---
      Sometimes I ship part of an order one day and then make another shipment on the same order on another day.

When I process the new shipment and go into Enter Track Number to update the Link for the new shipment (which I currently have to do because of the above link issue I am having)….The Ship Date on all the previous shipments changes to today’s date.

When I noticed this, I did some testing and realized that if I go into Enter Tracking Number and click Save for any reason (update cost, update link, changed nothing and just clicked save, etc.) The Ship Date for All Previous shipments on that order Changes to Today’s Date.

Shouldn't the previously saved ship dates be left as is?

I tried selecting only the shipment that needs updating and then clicking Enter Tracking Number but all shipments are still listed.
      What are my options for updating a shipment without affecting the previous shipments?

Thank you!
      Corina

Comment

Hi Corina

Thanks for letting us know about the FedEx link not working right, I have added a bug for that issue and it should be fixed in the next release.

For your second issue, where are you seeing the shipping date for the shipments?

Thanks

-Eric
        Eric Foresman
        Software Tester
        Miva Merchant
        [email protected]

Comment

Hi Eric -

The Ship Dates I've seen the change occur on are:

Order Status ORDS -- &mvt:item:order_status;
          and
          Shipment Confirmation Email EMAIL_SHIPMENT_SHIPPED -- &mvt:shipment_info:formatted_ship_date;

For the FedEx Link bug...In the meantime, is there somewhere I can change the Default to UN-CHECKED instead of CHECK “Mark Shipment as Shipped”?
          I have to un check on every shipment since the link is not working.

Thank you!
          Corina

Comment

Hi Corina

I see it now, thanks again for letting me know about that I have added a bug for that issue as well and both of these bugs should be fixed in the next update.

As far as making the generate label dialog not set the shipment to shipped by default, I’m sorry but there isn’t an option for that.

However, what you can do is set the shipment shipped email to disabled so that it doesn’t send automatically. This will let you be able to set the tracking link before manually triggering the shipment shipped email.

Also, by doing it this way you can let the generate label dialog set the shipment to shipped, which will set the shipped date correctly and not change any of the other shipments.

Hope this helps.

-Eric
            Eric Foresman
            Software Tester
            Miva Merchant
            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Eric
              In reply to your comment "Also, by doing it this way you can let the generate label dialog set the shipment to shipped, which will set the shipped date correctly and not change any of the other shipments."

This requires that I manually go into "Enter Tracking Number," change the Link to "FedEx" and then click Save after the label is generated. This action will still change the date on all previous shipments for that order to "today's date."
              - I just want make sure you understand that the ship date changes will still occur even if I allow "the generate label dialog set the shipment to shipped".

Thank you! I look forward to the next update!
              Corina

Comment

Not sure why this is happening but whenever i make any changes at all to any product it looses the "Alternate Display Page" and I have to reassign it. This doesnt happen all the time. I have a category with several sub categories within it with 3 products each. Each sub category in this product line is on the same *Alternate Display Page*. I can confirm that the sub categories are all assigned properly. When i start making changes (Name change, Meta-Description, possibly cost) some of the products lose their assigned ADP. The strange thing is is that some of the products I havent even gotten to change yet have lost their assignment along with some of the ones I have changed. Ive gone back and re-assigned the categories only to make more changes and find them unassigned again 15 mins later.
                Last edited by StarAnne; 03-04-13, 11:13 AM. Reason: Clarifcation

Comment

Ever since updating to PR8 Update 10 with the new Shipping Rules, with many products, I get this error after entering shipping address details: "Shipping could not be calculated for your basket. This may be due to a network or configuration error, or the contents of your basket may not be able to be shipped in a single shipment."

I use several modules to handle shipping and these all worked nicely together before the update:

1) U.S.P.S. Online Rate Calculation (Domestic & International)
                  2) Number Table Shipping by World Zone
                  3) Sort Shipping Plus Free Shipping Option (US only)

On my "Shipping Method Rules" under Shipping Rules, I see these four options automatically listed:

US Postal Service
                  U.S.P.S. First-Class Package International Service™
                  U.S.P.S. Priority Mail® International
                  Priority Mail (USA only)

I haven't done anything to the Shipping Rules tab on individual products. I am unclear if I have to go through every single product and check the applicable shipping methods.

Right now, I'm doing a test order trying to ship a book to a Canadian address and cannot get past this error message and don't know why: "Shipping could not be calculated for your basket. This may be due to a network or configuration error, or the contents of your basket may not be able to be shipped in a single shipment."

Are there issues with Update 10 and the two Emporium Plus modules I'm using? Should all the shipping methods created using those Emporium Plus modules be showing up on the "Shipping Method Rules" tab, but they aren't?

I'm at a loss.

Comment

Hi skepticwebguy

USPS did some API changes on 7/28/2013 that broke our USPS module. There should be an update later this morning to fix it. If it is still not working after the update you might want to open a service ticket so that we can take a look at it.

Hope this helps

-Eric
                    Eric Foresman
                    Software Tester
                    Miva Merchant
                    [email protected]

Comment

Thank you, Eric.

Comment

One of the products in our inventory is a video series titled "Table Talk". However, searches for "Table Talk" on our store were returning zero results. According to one of our staff who has researched the issue, if the word "Table" is the first word in any product field including the Product Name field, then that item will not appear in searches involving the word "Table". We were able to create a workaround by inserting a couple hard spaces (&nbsp) before the product name, and after that we could do searches for "Table Talk" and get results.

We are using the Power Search module from Emporium, and do not know if that is part of the issue. But we are reporting it here in case the bug is with Miva itself.

Comment

There are a few words which appear in MANY descriptions; in some stores all descriptions. To prevent them from showing thousands of hits, power search is adding a space before the word to ensure it appears in the middle of a sentence, e.g. table, span, font.
                          Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
                          Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
                          Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
                          Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
                          Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

I just tried the Shop as Customer link in one of my mall stores. The link does not specify the store code, so I have to manually paste it into the link. Then it works just fine. Would be nice if I didn't have to do the work around. Malls are probably not very common, which is why it hasn't come up previously.
                            Shannon Wright
                            Xact Xpressions, Inc.

Comment

Hi Shannon,

We have a bug in for this issue (bug #11567), and it should be fixed in the PR9 update.

Hope this helps

-Eric
                              Eric Foresman
                              Software Tester
                              Miva Merchant
                              [email protected]

Comment

Every once in a while the totals on the invoices don't add up. On this one it did not subtract the coupons and the correct total was collected for payment.

buga.jpg
                                Stephen Scheer
                                Digital Visuals

Comment

Working...
                                X