Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

Everyone,

We've bought the code to Gilligan's Google Analytics Module and will at some point stream it into the software but for now, you can get it FREE at Miva Central. Go to http://www.mivacentral.com/Merchant2...ode=GILL-GOLAN

This is true for the Version 4 module as well.
    Last edited by Rick Wilson; 10-07-08, 10:31 AM.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Re: Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

Great News!
    Now does anybody have step-by-step instuctions they can share on what to do in GA (i.e. how to set up funnels/goals) to extract all the great data that this module collects for us?
    Bronson Design Studio, LLC
    Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Rick,

Has the module been updated to use the new ga.js code? I have recently replaced a good number of Google Analytics installs using this module due to it's use of the old urchin tracking code. A number of these installs have made note of conversion tracking issues with anything using the old code.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
        Rick,

Has the module been updated to use the new ga.js code? I have recently replaced a good number of Google Analytics installs using this module due to it's use of the old urchin tracking code. A number of these installs have made note of conversion tracking issues with anything using the old code.

Dan, I just downloaded and installed it this afternoon. I can report that it is using the old urchin tracking code.

Comment

We have updated code using the new GA.js. I'll get ut updated.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

We have updated code using the new GA.js. I'll get ut updated.
            Outstanding. Meanwhile, I already have GA code elsewhere on my client's Web site, can that code be easily swapped in or will I need to link a second GA code instance to that existing account?

Comment

Hi,
              You'll want to remove all the old code and only use this module as per the install doc. Using both (EXCEPT on non-merchant pages) will cause problems.

Bill
              William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
              www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

Which version of the module will use the GA.js code? MivaCentral's current version number is 5.100

Comment

Bill updated the files last night and unless Bill chimes in to correct me, 5.100 has the latest GA.js
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

I'm actually 100% sure that 5.100 is the new version.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Hi all,

just tried to install the golananalytics file with the new .js code, but when loading the new module I get the following error.

Runtime error in 5.00/admin.mvc @ [00000009:0000009c]: admin.mv: Line 1544: MvDO: Unable to open '/mm5/5.00/MIVA_FUP00000001': File is either corrupt or not a valid compiled Miva Script file

I noticed that the script file ends with .mv (golananalytics.mv) Should it not be .mvc? I selected the version 5 of the script and the help file says for version 5. Any help appreciated.

Comment

This has been fixed.
                        Please re-download (or email me at bill AT gilliganandferneman.com) and I'll send you over the update.

My mistake - late night, wrong file.
                        Bill
                        William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
                        www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

Thanks, it uploaded fine. I have one question. In step 5 of your instructions you say:
                          5. Enter your UA Tracking Code (Provided by Google)
                          Do you want us to enter the web property ID UA-xxxxx-x or the entire tracking code such as:

<script type="text/javascript">
                          var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
                          document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
                          </script>
                          <script type="text/javascript">
                          var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-xxxxxx-X");
                          pageTracker._trackPageview();
                          </script>

Comment

You need to set up GA Goals to make this work correctly...right?
                            What should we put for our Goal URL?
                            How about the following:
                            Code:
                            /INVC.html
                            Does that make sense if you are using SEO (short) links?
                            Last edited by papi34; 10-08-08, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by erichar11 View Post
                              Do you want us to enter the web property ID UA-xxxxx-x or the entire tracking code?
                              I got it working using the web property ID.

Great addition to the core MM product...Thanks Miva!
                              Last edited by papi34; 10-08-08, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X