Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Cockerham
    replied
    Re: Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
    I went through that...

Do a view source on your generated screen. Are you actually generating a name that is in the pagetracker variable?

I had to play with it a lot and finally figured out that I wasn't using the correct variable name for the product code that I wanted to use as my ga pagename. I wanted the pages to be like /SKUCODE.html in my google analtyics.
    No It looks like the variable is empty. Here is the code I am using:

Code:
    <mvt:comment>Begin Google Tracking Code</mvt:comment>

<mvt:if expr="g.Secure EQ 1">
        <script src="https://ssl.google-analytics.com/ga.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <mvt:else>
        <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    </mvt:if>

<script type="text/javascript">

<mvt:if expr="g.Screen EQ 'PROD'">
        var productCode = "&mvte:product:code;";
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.Screen EQ 'CTGY'">
        var categoryCode = "&mvte:category:code;";
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.Screen EQ 'SRCH'">
        var searchQuery = "&mvte:global:Search;";
        var screenCode = "&mvte:global:screen;";

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-XXXXXX-X");

<mvt:if expr="g.Screen EQ 'PROD'">
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/product/' + productCode + '.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.Screen EQ 'CTGY'">
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/category/' + categoryCode + '.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.Screen EQ 'SRCH'">
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/search.html?srch=' + searchQuery);
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'BASK')">
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/checkout/basket.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'ORDL')">
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/checkout/login.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'OCST')">
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/checkout/address.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'OSEL')">
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/checkout/shipping.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'OPAY')">
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/checkout/payment.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'POSTACTION_OSEL')">
            pageTracker._trackPageview('/checkout/pre_shipping.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'OINF')">
            pageTracker._trackPageview('/checkout/begin_checkout.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'ACAD')">
            pageTracker._trackPageview('/store/customer_create.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'SFNT')">
            pageTracker._trackPageview('/store/storefront.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'SMAP')">
            pageTracker._trackPageview('/store/sitemap.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'ACED')">
            pageTracker._trackPageview('/store/customer_edit.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'BSKE')">
            pageTracker._trackPageview('/store/basket_empty.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'LOGN')">
            pageTracker._trackPageview('/store/customer_login.html');
    <mvt:elseif expr="(g.screen EQ 'INVC')">
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/checkout/invoice.html');
        pageTracker._addTrans(
        "&mvte:order:id;",
        "",
        "&mvte:order:total;",
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:order:charges"><mvt:foreach iterator="charge" array="order:charges"><mvt:if expr="l.settings:charge:type EQ 'TAX'">"&mvte:charge:amount;",</mvt:if></mvt:foreach><mvt:else>"0.00",</mvt:if>
    <mvt:if expr="l.settings:order:charges"><mvt:foreach iterator="charge" array="order:charges"><mvt:if expr="l.settings:charge:type EQ 'SHIPPING'">"&mvte:charge:amount;",</mvt:if></mvt:foreach><mvt:else>"0.00",</mvt:if>
        "&mvte:order:ship_city;",
        "&mvte:order:ship_state;",
        "&mvte:order:ship_cntry;"
      );

<mvt:foreach iterator="item" array="order:items">
        pageTracker._addItem(
        "&mvte:order:id;",
        "&mvte:item:code;",
        "&mvte:item:name;",
        "",
        "&mvte:item:price;",
        "&mvte:item:quantity;"
      );
    <mvt:foreach iterator="option" array="item:options">
    </mvt:foreach>
    </mvt:foreach>
        pageTracker._trackTrans();
        pageTracker._trackPageview('/page/' + screenCode + '.html');
        </script>

<mvt:comment>End Google Tracking Code</mvt:comment>

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

We have a solid Google Analytics module available now, which uses the current asynchronous tracking code. Retail price is $49.95. Optional professional installation available.

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied

I went through that...

Do a view source on your generated screen. Are you actually generating a name that is in the pagetracker variable?

I had to play with it a lot and finally figured out that I wasn't using the correct variable name for the product code that I wanted to use as my ga pagename. I wanted the pages to be like /SKUCODE.html in my google analtyics.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cockerham
    replied

I have the goals set up and working and I am tracking all my other pages just fine. It's just that all the product pages all show up together as /product/. Here is an example of a product page link:
    Code:
     http://www.acsjava.com/baronet-coffee-pods/BSUMPODBX.html

Leave a comment:

• Matt Cotten
    replied

Are you using Miva Merchant product pages or html?
    Use this:
    http://www.mivamerchant.com/blog/ins...a-merchant-5.5

Leave a comment:

• Jim Cockerham
    replied

Did you get this to work on the product pages? I can seem to track evrything else just fine but not the individual product pages.

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied

Originally posted by 2chicks View Post
    I am so sorry to hear that. You were a life saver to many people with your code...it was very generous. You current service is more than affordable as well. Thanks for being such a great Miva Community member.
    I concur.

Leave a comment:

• 2CDev
    replied

I am so sorry to hear that. You were a life saver to many people with your code...it was very generous. You current service is more than affordable as well. Thanks for being such a great Miva Community member.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

It will still work just fine, we just pulled the code/tutorial for the above mentioned reasons, and a few less than friendly people that pushed me over the edge :)

Leave a comment:

• 2CDev
    replied

Hey, Dan, does this change mean that the previously given code will no longer work with GA? You were very gracious to give it out and let all of us use it. We thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Yes, I am going to make an announcement about it shortly. Basically we have removed the free tutorial due to the large volume of support it generated and that a lot of those support tickets were expected to be handled at no charge because the tutorial was "free". Therefore we decided to only provide and support Google Analytics Intragations actually performed by our technicians.

That said, Miva Merchant may come out with their own tutorial at some point in the near future, or someone else might be willing to post their own tutorial if they are up for the support side of things.

Leave a comment:

• FizzBang
    replied

Is this tutorial gone now?

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
    We have created a new tutorial for basic Google Analytics Integration with Miva Merchant 5/5.5. This tutorial includes example code (no module required), e-commerce conversion tracking, on-site search tracking and instructions for setting up a checkout goal/funnel.

We hope some will find this useful :)

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied

i emailed my google adwords account rep and asked about a year ago. you might try that.

Leave a comment:

• papi34
    replied

Correct, give it a good 24 hours for full stats to begin showing. (especially the ecommerce conversion data) If this is the first time you have implemented the search tracking feature, it can sometimes take a couple of days for those stats to kick in.

WOW...I should have used Kemper Strategic's method from the begining. It works great...thanks again for sharing Dan!
    All the data is showing up very quickly under Reporting > Google Analytics
    I've always wondered why the conversions don't also get reported on my dashboad. I just stumbled across this Q&A:

===
    Q.How do I link my Analytics goals and transactions to AdWords Conversion Tracking?

A.In order to import your goals and transactions from Google Analytics into AdWords Conversion Tracking, you must be enlisted as a beta tester and your Analytics account must be linked to your AdWords account. Once the two are linked, please make sure that you've also opted into Data Sharing from your Analytics account.
    ===

However, I can't find any info on how to become a beta tester. I'd link my Analytics goals and transactions to AdWords Conversion Tracking. Any ideas?

KSE Google Analytics Integration deserves another plug:
    http://www.kemperstrategic.com/google-analytics.html

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied

Bill,

I can only comment on the MM5 store as we do not support MM4 with any of our Google Analytics integrations, but I don't believe the Gilligan Online module supports the new On-Site Search Tracking feature. (maybe the developer or Miva Merchant can chime in on this to verify)

That said, here is a tutorial for integrating Google Analytics, that does support On-Site Search tracking.
    Well, I compared your direction with what was already implemented on our MM5.5. store and everything appears to be the same. So I opened a ticket with Miva.

Thanks for your help -by your implementation documentation is excellent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X