Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orisue
    replied
    Re: Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

So I installed the module and GA seems to be tracking visitors to our website.

However, the E-Commerce section doesn't seem to be tracking.

I checked 'Yes' for E-Commerce in our settings profile. Is there anything additional I need to do?

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Correct, user account numbers all use the same format: UA-XXXXXXX-X

The Profile ID is a separate number altogether, and it will not work in the Google Analytics tracking code.

Leave a comment:

• jfazar
    replied

Are the account numbers all set up in this format?

UA-9185963-1

I'm just making sure since there is the profile id and that doesn't have any letters or hyphens.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Try removing those spaces around the account number. If you still have issues, get in touch with us and we can take a look for you.

Leave a comment:

• susansoaps
    replied

Dan, Thanks so much for the detailed instructions and code. However, when I tried putting it into my global footer I am getting the following error message.

Line 17: elseif found without matching start if tag

I have tried copying several times to make sure I didn't make a mistake but same error each time.

Here is the code I have in the footer already along with the beginning part of the code you gave us as I installed into my footer. Can you point out where I went wrong?

Thanks so much.

<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #336600; font-size: x-small;"><a title="Susan's Soaps &amp; More" href="../">STOREFRONT</a> <a title="CONTACT US" href="../C/CONTACT-US.html">CONTACT US</a> <a title="Susan's Soaps &amp; More FAQs" href="../C/FAQ.html">FAQs</a> <a title="SITE MAP" href="../SMAP.html">SITE MAP</a></span></p>
    <p>
    </p>
    <p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #336600; font-size: x-small;"><a title="SITE MAP" href="../SMAP.html"><br /></a></span></p>
    <p> </p>

<mvt:comment>Begin Google Analytics - Copyright Kemper Strategic E-Business - www.kemperstrategic.com</mvt:comment>
    <mvt:if expr="g.Secure EQ 1">
    <script src="https://ssl.google-analytics.com/ga.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <mvt:else>
    <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    </mvt:if>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker(" UA-9246489-1 ");
    <mvt:if expr="g.screen EQ 'ORDL'">
    pageTracker._trackPageview("ORDL");
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'OCST'">
    pageTracker._trackPageview("OCST");
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'ACED'">
    pageTracker._trackPageview("ACED");
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'ACAD'">
    pageTracker._trackPageview("ACAD");
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'LOGN'">
    pageTracker._trackPageview("LOGN");
    <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'OUS1'">

Leave a comment:

• jfazar
    replied

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
    jfazer,
    Contact me off forum and we can take a look for you and see what is going on. Without seeing the specifics, it is hard to diagnose.
    While writing the email to you I noticed that the Account Number I placed in my code was different than my Profile ID so I placed that in the code instead. Before bothering you I'll wait 24 hours and see if that does the trick. I'll let ya know.

- Jim

Leave a comment:

• Gamelord
    replied

Ok, I figured out how to get my funnel's and goals to work. The problem I was having was that the session ID being passed in the URL did not include the page name "OCST" or "OPAY". What I had to do was to change the Google Analytics code to the code below:

Code:
    var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    </script>
    try {
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-6043910-2");
    pageTracker._trackPageview("/funnel/cust_info");
    } catch(err) {}</script>
    Instead of using "OCST" for the funnel/goal tracking, I used "/funnel/cust_info" as seen above. Then in the funnel/goals section of Analytics, I put in the same "/funnel/cust_info" to track the page. Each page in the checkout process has a different analytics name, same code as above but the upsell page has "/funnel/upsell" in the code, OPAY page has /funnel/payment" etc... IN analytics, just put in to the URL section of the Goals the same /funnel/cust_info (whithout the quotes) to track.

I hope this info helps anyone else out there having difficulty getting the funnel/goals to track properly.
    Last edited by Gamelord; 06-11-09, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

jfazer,

Contact me off forum and we can take a look for you and see what is going on. Without seeing the specifics, it is hard to diagnose.

Leave a comment:

• jfazar
    replied

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
    Here are complete instructions for integrating Google Analytics with Miva Merchant 5, including the checkout goal/funnel visualization. My recommendation, chuck the module :)
    Hi Dan,

I followed your tutorial but I'm still not getting anything in GA and its been almost two weeks. I think I did everything correctly so I'm not sure whats wrong.

www.imagescienceassociates.com

I would love to get this working for my client as soon as I can so any insight would be much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• americanmailbox
    replied

Hello Everybody,
    I was wondering if anybody has installation instructions for GOL Analytics module for MIVA Merchant V5. Just got the free download today, installed the module. But the instructions that came with it, not detailed enough for me, I'm just a newbee when it comes to working with Miva. I'm stuck, i know i can do it, if the instruction were in more detail.

Your help would be Greatly Appreciated
    Thanks
    Bert

Leave a comment:

• Gamelord
    replied

What would cause my URL's to not include the "screen=OCST" and only list the session ID number?

I get the "screen=OINF" in my URL on the first page of my checkout process but once I progress past that page none of the others in the checkout process have the page code on there. Not sure what I did or if a module I have installed is blocking the page code from showing up in the URL. I have set up my goal / funnel to search for the page code and because none of the URL's have the code it is not tracking...(I am assuming). All other analytics seem to be working great.

Any help on this?

www.awindofchange.com

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• lisafer
    replied

That's it! Good ol' WS! Thanks Rick, you're pretty treasurlicious yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

We know what a treasure Laura is but you can email it to Wayne Smith wsmith AT mivamerchant DOT com.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Laura is good people... you are in good hands :)

Leave a comment:

• lisafer
    replied

Dan,
    Thanks for your offer, but it's all good. My problem wasn't technically with the analytics module, but with upgrading to the new script and uninstalling the older version. I did get through to Laura at Miva tech support, she explain what I needed to do (priceless) and the module is installed and working perfectly from checking my test order.

Laura did give me a name at Miva to contact the support supervisor, but my daughter called with a crisis and I can't remember it. I sure wish I could let him know what a treasure she is and how she helped me after trying to deal with someone who didn't seem to want to actually answer the questions I asked.

I have been using the Google Analytics module for a while now. It wasn't really the issue. Thank you again, your offer was above and beyond.

Edit to add: Just out of curiosity, I checked out your tutorial. Very nicely done!
    Last edited by lisafer; 04-08-09, 09:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X