Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied
    Re: Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

Bill,

I can only comment on the MM5 store as we do not support MM4 with any of our Google Analytics integrations, but I don't believe the Gilligan Online module supports the new On-Site Search Tracking feature. (maybe the developer or Miva Merchant can chime in on this to verify)

That said, here is a tutorial for integrating Google Analytics, that does support On-Site Search tracking.

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
    Bruce,

I think you might have responded to the wrong thread.

William,

What solution are you using for your Google Analytics integration on the Miva Merchant 5 store... are you using a module?
    For MM5.5 Store:
    Module Name: Google(tm) Analytics module by Gilligan On-Line
    Code: golanalytics
    Name: GOL Analytics
    Provider: Gilligan On-Line
    Supported API Version: 5.00
    Version: 5.100
    Usage Count (Number of Stores): 1
    Module Features: component,data_store,log,vis_log

For MM4.24 Store:
    Module Name:
    Analytics Tracking by GOL for Merchant V4 (Installed by developer)
    Type of Module: Fulfillment
    Code: analytics_gol
    Name: Analytics Tracking by GOL for Merchant V4
    Provider: Gilligan On-Line
    Version: 4.110
    Usage Count (Number of Stores): 1

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Bruce,

I think you might have responded to the wrong thread.

William,

What solution are you using for your Google Analytics integration on the Miva Merchant 5 store... are you using a module?

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

This is a constant dance we all do...developers and integrators and software developers alike. Companies such as Miva and a myrid of other cart systems have spent years developing and marketing e-commerce solutions as "quick/easy/out of the box" solutions for ecommerce. While we are light-years beyond what was available 15 years ago when the MINIMUM e-commerce solution was 50K, we now have greater expectations. Store Owners want, are lead to believe, whatever, that they should be able to get Amazon.com for less than 19.95 /mo including hosting. And just look at WHAT they can get for 19.95/mo...its amazing. However, what they get a lot of times is not what they want. Its like coupon modules. I've heard from day one that store owners can't believe that Merchant doesn't have a basic coupon module. But when you really look at the requests, you'll see that almost everyone of the request are DIFFERENT types of coupons: buy one, get one free, get the third free if you buy two, get 10% off the first, or the second, or the...the list goes on.

To bring this back to point at hand, at some point (and i've seen this before, at least in posts by Rick) MivaMerchant needs to standardize how it promotes products that are really entry-level solutions and then point out the benefits and availability of more robust solutions.

Leave a comment:

• William Davis
    replied

Was also wondering if the Site Search option was only applicable if you subscribe to Google site search, or does it work for the standard Miva Search, Power Search, etc.
    It is setup to work with Miva Merchant's stock search, PowerSearch, SearchSpring... pretty much any search feature.
    We have two store MM5.5 (MIVA search), and MM4.24 (Search Manager), and we have never been able to to collect "search" data.

Are there an instructions out there to figure either one? If so, can you please post a link in this thread?

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Correct, give it a good 24 hours for full stats to begin showing. (especially the ecommerce conversion data) If this is the first time you have implemented the search tracking feature, it can sometimes take a couple of days for those stats to kick in.

Leave a comment:

• papi34
    replied

Thanks Dan. I followed your tutorial...pretty painless. I guess I'll need to give it 24 hrs to see some results.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Looks like there is now an option to "Exclude URL Query Parameters" (e.g. sid, sessionid, vid, etc...) when setting up GA Profile Information. Any recommendations on what to do here?
    There are a number of ways to implement Google Analytics for a Miva Merchant store. The tutorial provided shows a way to do it without excluding the query parameters, however it is really up to you as to which method you want to use.

Gilligan's GA Module went bellyup on me after working fine for months. Gonna give your method a shot.
    Unfortunately it has been going belly up for some time and was part of the reason for our tutorial.

Was also wondering if the Site Search option was only applicable if you subscribe to Google site search, or does it work for the standard Miva Search, Power Search, etc.
    It is setup to work with Miva Merchant's stock search, PowerSearch, SearchSpring... pretty much any search feature.

Leave a comment:

• papi34
    replied

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
    Here are complete instructions for integrating Google Analytics with Miva Merchant 5, including the checkout goal/funnel visualization. My recommendation, chuck the module :)
    Looks like there is now an option to "Exclude URL Query Parameters" (e.g. sid, sessionid, vid, etc...) when setting up GA Profile Information. Any recommendations on what to do here?

Gilligan's GA Module went bellyup on me after working fine for months. Gonna give your method a shot.

TIA

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Our free Miva Merchant 5 | Basic Google Analytics Integration tutorial will track attributes under the product performance reports within Analytics. Google currently does not recognize product attributes, so our workaround was to pass them as products.

I don't know if the modules will track attributes or not, hopefully someone will chime on those.

Leave a comment:

• kfetzer
    replied
    How does this module differ from just using G Analytics directly?

Specifically, I use Google Analytics now with my site and works fine as best I can tell...

What I really need it to be able to track sales of individual product SIZES that are listed under a Size attribute for each product in Miva. My Google Analytics reports right now can't see them, it only sees total 'Strawberries' sold not how many were 1 lb., 2 lb., etc.

Will this module solve that?

Thanks a bunch.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Viking Coders PULSE gives good real time data but it's very different than Google Analytics.

Leave a comment:

• susansoaps
    replied

Thanks Dan for the input. I do have Bill's SHOW BASKETS which is certainly helpful but was looking for a little more specific data. I am new to Miva and so am still switching over use patterns from what I had where I was at before. If anyone else has any input on what they are using for real-time traffic info I would be interested.

Thanks again.

Susan

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Glendale Designs
    replied

Susan,

No, Google Analytics does not provide real time visitor statistics, not really what it is meant for.

Emporium Plus offers their Show Baskets module, which will display all open baskets.

Viking Coders offers their Pulse module, which provides a good amount of real time visitor statistics. However I am warning store owners on this module as it does not currently have the option to clear old data, which has caused a number of extremely fat databases on some Miva Merchant stores. (hopefully they will add this feature soon as the module does provide some solid real time stats)

Leave a comment:

• susansoaps
    replied

Dan,

Thanks so much. Removing the spaces did the trick. Am now getting the Google Analytics. Just need to figure out all of what it is capable of telling me. BTW - I have looked but couldn't see on it -- can it tell me or do I need something else to show me how many customers are on my site right now and also if possible what page they are on. From what I can tell so far, Google Analytics doesn't do that. Is there something you or someone else can recommend that does?

Thanks again for your help and time.

Susan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X