PR6 Release Update and Notes - Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PR6 Release Update and Notes - Part 1

I've just installed an upgrade that reported itself as necessary in order to install the PR6 update, now when I check again to see if PR6 is available yet, I get this fatal error in the popup that checks for updates:

Code:
     Fatal Error     
        Miva Merchant has encountered a fatal error and is unable to continue. The following information may assist you in determining the cause of the error: 

Error Code:  MER-UPG-UTL-00003       Description:  Unable to download list of available patches       Other Information:
    What's going on with that?

Mr. Webb

Comment

Now the graphic has changed and it's informing me that we are ineligible for updates, we just purchased another year of updates support less than a month ago. This does not bode well...

Comment

Log off and back on, now it's reporting our eligibility correctly again. Did I catch you guys in the middle of something?

And while I'm here, is there any news on when PR6 might be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Webby View Post
          Log off and back on, now it's reporting our eligibility correctly again. Did I catch you guys in the middle of something?
          You shouldn't be getting that error any more. Development was making some changes to our license mgr.

Originally posted by Mr.Webby View Post
          And while I'm here, is there any news on when PR6 might be released?
          We don't have any news on when PR6 will be released. We are making sure it gets fully tested to ensure we get it right rather than sticking to a specific release date.
          Last edited by Jim McCormick; 07-21-09, 11:38 AM.
          Jim McCormick
          Miva Merchant Support
          866-284-9812

https://www.miva.com

Comment

PR6 is slated to go out this week (possibly even tomorrow) however Jim's message above is the ultimate answer, it'll go out when it passes our exhaustive testing and passes all the tests. Hopefully tomorrow :)
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

Cool, and thank you Jim and Rick.

Comment

We don't have any news on when PR6 will be released. We are making sure it gets fully tested to ensure we get it right rather than sticking to a specific release date.
                I think this should be the standard from now on... don't even mention a release date until it is physically being prepped for streaming.

Just my two cents, but I really feel all of these estimated release dates are doing a great disservice. Too many in the community cling on to these dates as set in stone, resulting in false expectations and discontent towards Miva Merchant when the release is pushed back or delayed.

I think it is great that Miva Merchant is communicating as much as they are with upcoming release notes and information, especially with all that has gone on in the past, but the estimated release dates should stop in my opinion... sorry Rick :)

Comment

Dan,

I totally agree with you, and maybe I'm just weak about it. However from where I sit not telling people when something is ready to come out until it's done would cause me to take A LOT of heat from people who are trying to plan their business. I know how poor we are at estimating and we now try and communicate that every time we estimate.

I'll keep trying to find the right balance of transparency and expectation setting.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Oh and not releasing until it passes thorough testing is the standard, no question.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

What are the options for error reporting? We had three reports of fatal errors from customers the other day, those are just the ones we heard about. I suspect they were foreign customers so it is hoped that the international orders bug(s) mentioned in Rick's opening post will be corrected, but how can fatal errors be detected and monitored until and after PR6 is released?

Comment

Does PR6 fix Bug 4625 (MIVA verified: Ticket ID: SYE-592395)? The details of which I've included below:

When importing products from a flat file using custom product fields, the custom field values will be assigned to incorrect products if the file contains a product code that doesn't exist in the store. The custom field value of the missing product will be assigned to the product above it in the file.

The import log will show:
                        Product Error. Error processing Product Code '3558'. Error Message: Missing 'Name' field.

Last edited by papi34; 08-14-09, 04:50 PM.
                        Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                        Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Papi34,

According to our release notes this should be corrected in PR6. Please let us know if you are running PR6 and still experiencing this behavior.

Section from the release notes:

Module: Import Products from Flat File
                          - When importing custom fields, an invalid product code no longer causes the custom field values to be assigned to random products.
                          - A new option has been added to allow custom field deletion when importing empty values.

PR6 Release Notes
                          https://support.mivamerchant.com/sup...wnews&newsid=2

Thank you,

Wayne
                          Wayne Smith

Comment

Working...
                          X