Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wombat Beta - Feedback

Dan,

As for Inventory Manager there won't be any conflicts, but again we built this into the core software and its far more robust than Inventory Manager from VC. It will be up to them if they keep supporting that module or just EOL it now that we've tied it into the core software.

Also if you want to use our dynamic price change and auto hide out of stock attributes you'll need to use the new built in features.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Been wondering ,if the order status will work wirh wombat ,been asking Chuck Lasker he said it will the way were set up but still wondering if it will until I see the final release
      Quality and Affordable Surveillance Equipment for Home and Business

Comment

It's up to each module developer if they'll update their existing modules to try and tie in to the new features. Although since these features are now built in, they probably won't support it for too much longer.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Rick,

I've looked at the Phone Order feature using our current store data and like what I see. I do have some questions/comments for you...

1) How do we use Price Groups with a phone order? I'd expect that if a current customer is in a price group that we'd get those prices but I haven't seen that yet. Also, if we are creating a customer on the fly for a new order we'd like to be able to add them to a price group on the fly. It would be very useful if there was a direct link that would allow immediate assignment. I believe I can use the Toolkit to make ii happen on the customer side using a button or custom customer field but what about in Admin?

2) In the shipping options dropdown the USPS amounts are missing the cents digit.

3) When adding an item to an order with the Item Code the natural inclination is to tab to the right to get to pricing and quantity. If you don't arrow down to choose the item (even if there is only a list of one) the Item Name field is left blank as you tab across. I'd suggest that if there is an exact match of the keyed in Item Code to one on the dropdown list that the Item Name field be filled in with that one when tabbing across.

That's it for now. I'll keep trying to break it.

Keith
          Keith Oratz
          PrepareSmart, LLC - Emergency Preparedness Supplies and Professional Grade Search and Rescue Gear
          www.preparesmart.com

Comment

Keith,

#1 is being added in the first release following Wombat, for now you'd have to just override the price.

#2. We'll take a look at and fix.

#3. We've fixed this in the next release.
            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
            CEO
            Miva, Inc.
            [email protected]

Comment

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned but I think it would be a great addition. With version 5.5 on the bottom right you can easily see if your software is up to date. I wish there could be a box below that could tell me if all my modules are up to date. If nothing else, let me know all my modules that are listed in Miva Central match up with the version we are running, outside modules not so sure if that would be easy to implement maybe through XML.

I searched the forum and didn't find this recommendation anywhere so I hope it is not a duplicate. I think old versions of modules can be dangerous and hurt the brand of Miva at the same time inadvertently.
              Cell Phone Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by anythingformycel.com View Post
                I'm not sure if this was already mentioned but I think it would be a great addition. With version 5.5 on the bottom right you can easily see if your software is up to date. I wish there could be a box below that could tell me if all my modules are up to date. If nothing else, let me know all my modules that are listed in Miva Central match up with the version we are running, outside modules not so sure if that would be easy to implement maybe through XML.

I searched the forum and didn't find this recommendation anywhere so I hope it is not a duplicate. I think old versions of modules can be dangerous and hurt the brand of Miva at the same time inadvertently.
                Yes that would be an awesome addition for sure.
                Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

"With version 5.5 on the bottom right..." well meant to say bottom left whoops. :)
                  Cell Phone Accessories

Comment

Hello,

I was just snooping around in the yellowtee store admin again to see what the new changes were and was wondering what some of the new features are?

I can now see a tab for Order Fulfillment Modules and when I click on the tab it brings up what looks like the option to email a customer and merchant the invoice.

We use Mail Manager from Emporium plus. Will the templates we created in Mail Manager be listed in the tab instead of the standard Miva emails?

When you enter a tracking number for an order you have the option to enter the cost. What "cost" does it track? Our actual shipping costs or what the customer should pay?

Thanks,
                    Christine
                    Thanks,
                    Christine

Comment

Originally posted by crozon View Post
                      We use Mail Manager from Emporium plus. Will the templates we created in Mail Manager be listed in the tab instead of the standard Miva emails?
                      It does not list the individual templates. It lists the modules. So if you select mail manager and click process button, it runs the order emails it normally runs at the conclusion of an order. With mail manager, it would run the mail manager templates.
                      Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
                      Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
                      Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
                      Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
                      Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

That's great. Thanks Bill. So phone orders will get an invoice as normal.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to handle walk in orders and how to print them an invoice. I know wombat prints pick lists but we will be using this as a packing slip.

I guess the work around would be to take the order as a phone order, process the order, and change the order to shipped/pick-up and print out the packing slip instead but then the customer doesn't have an invoice with a total. I could also have the system email them the invoice using mail manager but it seems a little weird if they come in to place an order and the invoice gets emailed to them instead of giving it to the customer with their order. Hmmm..anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
                        Christine
                        Thanks,
                        Christine

Comment

Originally posted by crozon View Post

I guess the work around would be to take the order as a phone order, process the order, and change the order to shipped/pick-up and print out the packing slip instead but then the customer doesn't have an invoice with a total. I could also have the system email them the invoice using mail manager but it seems a little weird if they come in to place an order and the invoice gets emailed to them instead of giving it to the customer with their order. Hmmm..anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
                          Christine
                          Could you add an email address to the Customer confirmation email list? This would email the receipt to your customer and email one to you which can then be printed. It would also be a redundant check on whether or not the emails are being sent to the customer. Granted, every order would email that inbox but you don't have to print them all.
                          Jim McCormick
                          Miva Merchant Support
                          866-284-9812

Comment

Hi Jim,

I was thinking about that option. My problem is that walk in orders are a small percentage of our sales. Maybe about 3-4 a week so it doesn't make sense to have another email sent to an inbox just for a couple of orders. We already have a confirmation email sent to us but it includes the vendor's part# information to make ordering easier for us. So if we added another email we would be getting 2 emails per order.

I know you can have mail manager send certain emails when a function is triggered. Is there a way to add code to the invoice page so that when an order is placed by the phone order system in Miva it will send a second confirmation to us otherwise it only sends the standard confirmation to the customer? Perhaps using toolkit and mail manager? Might be a question for Bill.

I'm hoping eventually that Miva will have an invoice that can be customized and can be printed directly from Miva like they do for the pick list option.

Another question. If an order is placed and all the emails are sent correctly but the customer calls back and changes the order. Do we select the Order Fulfillment Modules Tab and select that it sends another email? Will this email the customer a new invoice with the updated changes and new total?

Does Miva track invoice changes? Currently when a change is made to an invoice (for any reason including additions, items removed, address changes etc.) We change the order number to XXXX-1 (in quickbooks) and attach it to the old order. That way if anyone looks at the order they can see that the order was changed somehow. Is this an option or is there a section for internal and customer notes where we can include this information?

Will Wombat be able to print monthly/weekly reports with totals for sales, taxes collected, amounts refunded etc? This would be a nice feature to include.

Sorry...trying to iron out the bugs before we make the switch to Miva. We are hoping to get rid of quickbooks and use it for accounting and purchase orders only and everything else is going to be handled in Miva. Fingers crossed.

Does anyone know when the first non-beta version of wombat will be released?

Thanks,
                            Christine
                            Thanks,
                            Christine

Comment

I'm hoping eventually that Miva will have an invoice that can be customized and can be printed directly from Miva like they do for the pick list option.
                              -This is something we're going to add. I'm not sure if it will make the January release or the late February release but it will be in one of those for sure.

Another question. If an order is placed and all the emails are sent correctly but the customer calls back and changes the order. Do we select the Order Fulfillment Modules Tab and select that it sends another email? Will this email the customer a new invoice with the updated changes and new total?
                              -Yes.

Does Miva track invoice changes? Currently when a change is made to an invoice (for any reason including additions, items removed, address changes etc.) We change the order number to XXXX-1 (in quickbooks) and attach it to the old order. That way if anyone looks at the order they can see that the order was changed somehow. Is this an option or is there a section for internal and customer notes where we can include this information?
                              -No, I hadn't considered this, let me give it some thought.

Will Wombat be able to print monthly/weekly reports with totals for sales, taxes collected, amounts refunded etc? This would be a nice feature to include.
                              -Yes in the February release, we pulled that from the January release as we have to have it release form this coming Monday for our PA-DSS auditor.

Does anyone know when the first non-beta version of wombat will be released?
                              -Release Candidate 1 will be streamed out next week. Once we get approval from our PA-DSS Auditor that it passed PA-DSS we'll release it into full production. I would hope second or third week of January.
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

When you enter a tracking number for an order you have the option to enter the cost. What "cost" does it track? Our actual shipping costs or what the customer should pay?
                                This is designed to track what you spent on actually shipping the product. This way it will work in conjunction with the forthcoming reporting feature to compare what you're charging for shipping with what you're spending.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X