Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wombat Beta - Feedback

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
    Yes. We hadn't anticipated people with existing look and feels wanting to throw them out and switch to the CSS UI, it was designed to be the new starting point.
    Rick, thanks for the quick response. Well, my second storefront has not been developed as of yet. So how would I go about deleting the store and then reinstall it?
    Rick

Self Defense Products to stop crime.

Email: onlinesecurityproducts*stop-crime.com

Comment

So how would I go about deleting the store and then reinstall it?
      Click on the Store Name in the left Nav of the store you want to delete, and then click Delete in right hand corner of the main screen.

Make sure you have your license key for the additional storefront and just reinstall using that same key. If it's the only store under that domain you won't need a key, just click Add Store.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Rick,

On the Manage Orders/Manage Shipments screen I do not see any pagination and it appears as of right now it will display all matching items you are looking for on page regardless of number of entries? Is their going to be pagination to show 10,20,50 at a time etc on the manage orders/manage shipment pages?

Thanks
        Eric
        Eric

Hosting 4 Less
        Miva Merchant Premier Hosting Partner
        www.Hosting4Less.com
        Sales/Support Line: 888.818.0444
        Twitter: http://twitter.com/hosting4less

Check Out Our Other Website 4 SSL Certificates:
        http://www.Certs4Less.com

Comment

Rick,

On the exact date match at the top for searching for orders. It is not clear the format the user should type in their for the date-range. Can we pre-populate this with how they need to enter in the date for a range to search for is it simply 10/1/09 or is it 10-1-09 or 10-1-2009 for example?

Thanks
          Eric
          Eric

Hosting 4 Less
          www.Hosting4Less.com

Comment

Rick,

Again sorry for the posts just coming with items as I see them. On the manage orders page it lists under Customers Name and Customers Email.

However, it does not list Customer_Login and I think this is an important field to have. I notice it appears to combine First Name Last Name fields and display them as one under Customers. However, perhaps we can also have login in there as this is the username they are listed under.

You could also have 2 rick wilsons under 2 different logins and they are NOT the same customer.

Eric
            Eric

Hosting 4 Less
            www.Hosting4Less.com

Comment

There is a Delete Order in the lower left screen of an empty order, plus you can use the Empty Order anytime (it's not like it loses it's usefulness).

Would you still rather have a Save dialogue?
              Maybe its just me, but yeah, I would still like a save dialog. Not sure how the permissions will work, but I try to remove the delete functionality from the Miva admin for certain users to avoid accidental data loss and this would mess with that (they could select the wrong order/product/etc). I understand the extra save step is added work, but I think it'll allow for less errors. Honestly, I don't think the order should be created until it has been "paid for", but different companies will have different business rules.

From a UI perspective, many of the things I'm used to in the admin screens have been removed from this screen. I know that not everything fits, but the search field and edit button(s) have me conditioned and I can already tell that I will miss them.

On another note, I noticed that the "Order Processing" screen was removed (or renamed) in favor of "Mange Orders". One complaint I have about that it is harder (two more clicks) to search for an order now, which is all we use that screen for. Also, you can't press enter to submit on this new screen.

Comment

A couple more things:
                1) Not sure if this is a known issue, but if I try to create a batch with a name, I get a JavaScript alert (the alert says that the batch was a success, but I can't view the batches to verify). If I don't enter a name, I don't get a response at all.

2) I see a link at the bottom for paging, but if I click it, the screen shows no orders. I think there is exactly the number of orders you want to show per screen, so that's probably the bug.

3) Can you create a dummy product with attributes so we can see how that works in the manual order process? I like how the product code works, just curious if attributes works the same way.

4) How do you move an order from "pending" to "processed"?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  Rick,

On the exact date match at the top for searching for orders. It is not clear the format the user should type in their for the date-range. Can we pre-populate this with how they need to enter in the date for a range to search for is it simply 10/1/09 or is it 10-1-09 or 10-1-2009 for example?

Thanks
                  Eric
                  It appears the format is 10/1/2009 even though it is displayed as 10-01-09 in the admin screen

Comment

On another note, I noticed that the "Order Processing" screen was removed (or renamed) in favor of "Mange Orders". One complaint I have about that it is harder (two more clicks) to search for an order now, which is all we use that screen for. Also, you can't press enter to submit on this new screen.
                    The old Order Processing is still available under Utilities.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

4) How do you move an order from "pending" to "processed"?
                      Check mark either the whole order from the Batch screen or specific items from within the order and click Create Shipment.

That will generate a picklist/invoice and change the status to Processing (there is no more Processed as a status).

From there you can either Generate a Shipping Label from within MM or Mark as Shipped (and optionally include any tracking info). Which will change the status from Processing to Shipped.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

1) Not sure if this is a known issue, but if I try to create a batch with a name, I get a JavaScript alert (the alert says that the batch was a success, but I can't view the batches to verify). If I don't enter a name, I don't get a response at all.

2) I see a link at the bottom for paging, but if I click it, the screen shows no orders. I think there is exactly the number of orders you want to show per screen, so that's probably the bug.
                        We'll check into that.

3) Can you create a dummy product with attributes so we can see how that works in the manual order process? I like how the product code works, just curious if attributes works the same way.
                        Yes I will do that shortly.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

From a UI perspective, many of the things I'm used to in the admin screens have been removed from this screen. I know that not everything fits, but the search field and edit button(s) have me conditioned and I can already tell that I will miss them.
                          Sorry, you've lost me on this one. Can you elaborate?
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

This is now done. Product code is TestShirt and it's under Avery Labels in the Shopping Side. Attribute Codes are Sizes and Colors
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

In Manage Orders -> New Order -> Add Item(s) -> A Lookup Product function would be nice as in Lookup Customer

Comment

Sorry, you've lost me on this one. Can you elaborate?
                                Yeah, sorry. Under Edit Products/Edit Customers/etc, the typical interface is a search bar in the top right with a Go button next to it. That doesn't exist under Mange Orders (its currently buried behind a drop down option when I believe 90% of the time people will search for orders by their number). The other design pattern that is in use a lot in the current admin is the "Edit" button to the far right of the row you wish to edit. This has been replaced with a link to the far left. This throws off the flow I'm used to, but isn't as major as the search bar problem IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X