Wombat Beta - Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wombat Beta - Feedback

In the PDF features doc it mentions 'Detailed Business Intelligence' : Generate Reports...
    Where is this in the admin?
    It wasn't complete yet so we pulled it out of the admin for this part of the beta. It will make it back in prior to release and will be a new type of Export under Utilities.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

The CSS file for the UI should allow editing through the admin interface. Users that have learned that everything is changed in the admin, Pages, etc, when trying to change the CSS file now have to download/upload. If it has to be downloaded first the file will probably end up being opened in Word locally that will add its own garbage to the file before they reupload, and break the site :-)

While I like the look of the new CSS layout, there should be an easier way to make simple changes, like the store logo, that doesn't require a user that doesn't know CSS to look through all the code, find the file name to change, manually adjust the size of the logo in the CSS, then have to FTP the file up themselves.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but under the order manager -> New Order the country drop-downs default to Afghanistan.
      Hostasaurus.Com
      Miva Merchant Premier Hosting Partner
      877.DINO.POWER
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Hostasaurus View Post
        The CSS file for the UI should allow editing through the admin interface. Users that have learned that everything is changed in the admin, Pages, etc, when trying to change the CSS file now have to download/upload. If it has to be downloaded first the file will probably end up being opened in Word locally that will add its own garbage to the file before they reupload, and break the site :-)

While I like the look of the new CSS layout, there should be an easier way to make simple changes, like the store logo, that doesn't require a user that doesn't know CSS to look through all the code, find the file name to change, manually adjust the size of the logo in the CSS, then have to FTP the file up themselves.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but under the order manager -> New Order the country drop-downs default to Afghanistan.
        How about a CSS Tab in Admin?

List all of the standard CSS tags on one page and show the property value in an editable form field to the right of each element name. Maybe make the color selector or font types and styles available from a pick list.
        Jon

Viscott Limited
        www.viscott.com

Comment

That's a good idea. I was trying to think of how it could be managed in the admin and still allow a logo graphic to be uploaded through the admin like MMUI/OUI and didn't come up with anything, but your suggestion could allow for the CSS file to be built automatically by the admin on Update while keeping the management less technical for non-tech store operators.
          Hostasaurus.Com
          Miva Merchant Premier Hosting Partner
          877.DINO.POWER
          [email protected]

Comment

That's a good idea. I was trying to think of how it could be managed in the admin and still allow a logo graphic to be uploaded through the admin like MMUI/OUI and didn't come up with anything, but your suggestion could allow for the CSS file to be built automatically by the admin on Update while keeping the management less technical for non-tech store operators.
            That sounds great...I would love that!
            Bronson Design Studio, LLC
            Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Just a few thoughts on Inventory Management.

Not sure if this will be in the next update or has been thought about. As part of the new inventory management at parent and attribute levels. It would be nice for the store owner to be able to see on the product inventory screen the product in-stock level as well as the ability to see if any are in open baskets, etc. I think store owners might get confused on their true inventory if they don't understand that the baskets need to be taken into account. I am sure many store owners don't take into consideration the basket time out and adjust inventory making a mess of their counts.

Also it would be nice to see from a single screen all the products in the store with their inventory and baskets counts as well as the ability to make updates to counts.
              Jon

Viscott Limited
              www.viscott.com

Comment

I think it would work great on field where the property value is an image that you have the ability to upload the image right from the CSS management tab. Keep things simple and easy to manage for novice and advanced users.

Also the integration of custom CSS would be nice, perhaps an advanced tab to keep the 2 CSS files separate to avoid overwriting of custom CSS.
                Jon

Viscott Limited
                www.viscott.com

Comment

I know we had discussed this, I'll check in where we are on it as a concept.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

I'm using the supermods for multiple ship to function.
                    I've upgraded to beta 3 to test it out and found an error.

When I look at a customers order and they've added multiple ship to's, it displays a number instead of the actual address in the multiple shipping address listing. This comes in under the attribute list in the order.

Kevin
                    Kevin Williams
                    FizzBang Multimedia Studios
                    http://www.fizzbang.com

Comment

Kevin,

Thanks, we'll check on that.
                      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                      CEO
                      Miva, Inc.
                      [email protected]

Comment

Miva Admin:

Manage Orders > Orders > 101 > Add Items

Will you be able to search by product name on the "Name" Field?

Search by code works great, but I doubt many users will know codes :)
                        Last edited by Viscott; 11-11-09, 10:45 AM.
                        Jon

Viscott Limited
                        www.viscott.com

Comment

That is a very good suggestion, I'll see what we can do.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

on the css thing. I probably will want to mangle the automatically generated css a lot.
                            so being able to override a css template auto generated by the store will be important to me.

What if this worked just like the page templates do now? basically you can have the most basic version that you just check or fill in the blanks, and you also have an advanced version.. it populates the first time based upon your 'basic non advanced" settings, but from there.. you can edit all you want all by yourself.

I also typically use at least 2 css templates. One for all browsers and then a small one which is loaded just by ie5 or ie6 so I can tweak just for ie bugs , especially the box model bug.

I suppose I can still manually upload that and ust include it in my global header... like I do now.

But I will bet a lot of css based stores now, use a second css file for ie tweaks.

Just a thought to consider.

Comment

I do like the ability to edit or create orders.
                              but the attributes and options are difficult to use.

I agree with the person who suggested that we be able to search for product name. a search is a must.

Also, on the attributes and options.. that needs to be improved.

right now I can type anything, even if it's invalid and it get's put into the order.
                              there isn't a good way to search the existing attributes and their options.
                              also if using inventory the inventory levels need to be displayed for attribute option combos so we don't order something for a customer that we can't fulfill.

so.. what about a pop up selection box of availble attribute and option combos.

I think it should use the same product attributes template assigned to the PROD scrreen. (but thinking more on this... maybe all the combos even the 'out of stock' should be available to the admin.. that way an admin can force an order even it something was out of stock. I know I would do this if a regualr customer called in and wanted something that was going to arrive at the warehouse tomorrow.)

so if the actual PROD product attributes won't do that... perhaps it could be something like this for attributes with options:

attribute1 prompt
                              [radio button] option prompt (inventory count)

attribute2 prompt

Comment

right now I can type anything, even if it's invalid and it get's put into the order.
                                We assumed much like in the product selection there might be times when things are available that you don't offer in your online store, so we made it so you could add anything. Do you think you would use that flexibility?
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X