Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wombat Beta - Feedback

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
    This is now done. Product code is TestShirt and it's under Avery Labels in the Shopping Side. Attribute Codes are Sizes and Colors
    Thanks. I think the interface could use labels somehow. I didn't know that the first field was for attribute code and the second was for option code. Also, a lookup option (where I can select from all available attributes instead of having to know the codes) would be VERY helpful. Especially with attribute/option codes, since these codes are not displayed anywhere on the site for our customers or CSRs to see, this could cause some extra work (I had to open a new tab to look up the product, but not all users will understand how to do that).

I like some of the work that has gone into this screen, I can tell you guys are working hard on it. I still think the UI needs a decent amount of work though (at least for how my company would use it).

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
      In Manage Orders -> New Order -> Add Item(s) -> A Lookup Product function would be nice as in Lookup Customer
      I wouldn't mind a button next to lookup customer so that I didn't have to start typing to see options. I fear the autocomplete being overwhelmed in large stores (typing R in yellowtee.com makes it easy to find Rick, but typing R in my store would probably give you a few thousand)

Comment

Thanks. I think the interface could use labels somehow. I didn't know that the first field was for attribute code and the second was for option code. Also, a lookup option (where I can select from all available attributes instead of having to know the codes) would be VERY helpful. Especially with attribute/option codes, since these codes are not displayed anywhere on the site for our customers or CSRs to see, this could cause some extra work (I had to open a new tab to look up the product, but not all users will understand how to do that).
        We WILL be adding labels, for now in most of those fields (including Products, Attributes and Codes) you can use % to see all.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

I wouldn't mind a button next to lookup customer so that I didn't have to start typing to see options. I fear the autocomplete being overwhelmed in large stores (typing R in yellowtee.com makes it easy to find Rick, but typing R in my store would probably give you a few thousand)
          I can see the need for that, we have a test store internally with 100,000+ products and 40,000+ customers that we can use for testing our ideas on that feature.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

The "title" is missing for the wombat admin which drives me nuts when switching between open windows. I miss it saying "Miva Merchant"

maybe it is just me because it appears in the admin source? it displays for me in internet explorer but not in firefox
            Last edited by Mark Hood; 10-28-09, 07:58 AM.
            Mark Hood
            Vermont Gear

Comment

never mind my last as it appears to be working fine on a different computer
              Mark Hood
              Vermont Gear

Comment

LOL, I was just testing in FireFox and about to tell you it works ok for me :)
                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]

Comment

Rick,

Will Wombat include the ability to duplicate a product?

Thank you.
                  David
                  David

Comment

Will Wombat include the ability to duplicate a product?
                    We'll most likely include a Clone feature for Products, Categories, Attributes and Pages. It's often requested, however since it's not done yet it still could get cut due to time. If it doesn't make Wombat it'll make the following release for sure.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Maybe someone else can confirm for me as well. I have tested on multiple computers and when using firefox this is a problem.

clicking the products> the "edit here" button does not work correctly. It always edits the first product in the list.
                      Mark Hood
                      Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBye76 View Post
                        Maybe someone else can confirm for me as well. I have tested on multiple computers and when using firefox this is a problem.

clicking the products> the "edit here" button does not work correctly. It always edits the first product in the list.
                        This does not happen for me with Ubuntu:firefox and WinXP:firefox/IE8. When I click on Edit Here I am able to edit the product I click on.
                        Jim McCormick
                        Miva Merchant Support
                        866-284-9812

Comment

OK so a little more digging. It depends on my pagination with it set to say 20 it works as expected. However with pagination set at 2000 it does not function correctly. Probably most people don't set the pagination out that far but having to click the next button makes me crazy
                          Mark Hood
                          Vermont Gear

Comment

Hello,

I have a 4.24 store with Viking Inventory Manager & Viking Order Status Manager. Will I be able to migrate inventory w/ attributes & order history information from my 4.24 to my development 5.5 store?

Thanks,
                            Ken

Comment

We are working on a provisioning import that will you to import historical order data. We'll post when you can use the beta to test that feature.
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

I've installed this in a new store I'm working on and the order management improvements are incredible!

In the PDF features doc it mentions 'Detailed Business Intelligence' : Generate Reports...
                                Where is this in the admin?

I'm also seeing a batch error as mentioned previously in this thread. Here is my error:

Miva Merchant returned an invalid response.
                                Function: OrderList_Create_Batch
                                Response:
                                {
                                "success": 1,
                                "data":
                                11257406566test 10
                                }
                                Last edited by FizzBang; 11-04-09, 11:23 PM.
                                Kevin Williams
                                FizzBang Multimedia Studios
                                http://www.fizzbang.com

Comment

Working...
                                X