Miva Merchant 5 Bugs?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dan - Glendale Designs
    Mega Mivite


    • Sep 2006
    • 2904

    #211
    Re: Miva Merchant 5 Bugs?

    I second that motion, it's definitely time for a fresh Bug thread.

    Comment

    • Alex Kruglyak
      Development

      • Feb 2006
      • 271

      #212
      Re: Miva Merchant 5 Bugs?

      Thanks for the feedback.

      We'll start a new MM5 Bug thread once PR4 has been released.
      Alex Kruglyak
      Software Engineer
      Miva Small Business Solutions
      http://www.mivamerchant.com

      Comment

      • Brandon MUS
        Mega Mivite

        • Mar 2006
        • 1956

        #213
        Re: Miva Merchant 5 Bugs?

        Originally posted by Hostasaurus
        the MivaSQL to MySQL converter is a great tool as well.
        I may be of the minority here, but is there any talk of discontinuing MivaSQL? I believe it is holding back MySQL in terms of proper database design. I was not around early on in Miva's life when MivaSQL was created, but I do not see a purpose for it based on the progress and support of MySQL.

        Comment

        • Rick Wilson
          Uber Mivite











          • Aug 2007
          • 10124

          #214
          Re: Miva Merchant 5 Bugs?

          We're not considering discontinuing MivaSQL in the 5th Generation of the product (Miva Merchant 5 or Miva Merchant 5.5).

          It is an issue we'll look at in the later half of next year when we're doing the design work for the 6th Generation of the product.
          Thanks,

          Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

          Comment

          • Brandon MUS
            Mega Mivite

            • Mar 2006
            • 1956

            #215
            Re: Miva Merchant 5 Bugs?

            Thank you. I didn't expect to see it leave with this branch/generation (just like I wouldn't expect the database structure to be improved), but I do hope you guys would consider concentrating on the MySQL schema in any future generations.

            Thanks for listening!

            Comment

            • tbogus
              Mivite

              • Mar 2006
              • 379

              #216
              Re: Miva Merchant 5 Bugs - Quotes in Custom Fields

              Hi all.

              We seem to have an export problem - when exporting products with custom fields that are encapsulated with quotes ("data") - those products do not seem to export at all... (when exported with custom fields, they do however export when exported with the standard data - no custom fields...)

              This problem seemed to have been present in most of the products that were skipped - we'll if fixing them corrects the problem - it just seems odd that this would be the case.

              Tim.
              Tim Bogus

              Comment

              • ILoveHostasaurus
                Mega Mivite










                • Mar 2006
                • 5000

                #217
                Re: Miva Merchant 5 Bugs?

                Originally posted by Alex Kruglyak
                Thanks for the feedback.

                We'll start a new MM5 Bug thread once PR4 has been released.
                It's time. :)

                I'm ready to submit the first new bug:

                David Hubbard
                CIO
                Miva
                [email protected]
                http://www.miva.com

                Comment

                • Alex Kruglyak
                  Development

                  • Feb 2006
                  • 271

                  #218
                  Re: Miva Merchant 5 Bugs?

                  With release of Production-4, this thread is no longer stickied.
                  It will be left in this forum for reference, however, please post all new bugs/issues related to MM5 in our new bug thread: http://extranet.miva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13105

                  Thank you,

                  Alex
                  Alex Kruglyak
                  Software Engineer
                  Miva Small Business Solutions
                  http://www.mivamerchant.com

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X