• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Re: Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    Let me know if you need a Beta testor...have two clients for who we are rebuilding a brand new store. Would be nice not to have to manually port over stuff.
    I get to break it first!!!

Leave a comment:

• Datagg
    replied

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
    An "easy" way to get from MMUI is coming very soon. It's on the short list and we're not 100% on what the tool will look like, but most likely it's an Export/Import tool to move data from MMUI to a new CSSUI store.

Goal is April.
    This music to my ears. Please keep us informed sir Rick.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Let Brennan know too, but since we're still debating the structure of it, we don't even have an Alpha yet. I would guess we might be able to show you something in about a month at MivaCon though

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

Let me know if you need a Beta testor...have two clients for who we are rebuilding a brand new store. Would be nice not to have to manually port over stuff.

Leave a comment:

• minnie
    replied

That's good news. We'll set aside some time in the spring. Thanks, Rick.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

An "easy" way to get from MMUI is coming very soon. It's on the short list and we're not 100% on what the tool will look like, but most likely it's an Export/Import tool to move data from MMUI to a new CSSUI store.

Goal is April.

Leave a comment:

• minnie
    replied

Our thoughts:

1. On Edit Product screen, we agree with others that want to select which tabs show.

2. On Catalog > Products screen, we can re-size the column width. But we can't make it any smaller than the width of the column title. For example, we show the Current Stock column. In our case, the biggest number we'll ever show is 2 digits. So we're showing lots of white space just because the column title is so much wider than the data.

Also applies to Order Processing > Orders screen and the Order Processing > Shipments screen.

3. Allow us to change the color scheme. We have old eyes that see some colors better than others.

Beyond that, the longer we use M9 the easier it is. Plus we lose track of how we used to do things on 5.5. No doubt M9 was a positive step.

Now if there were an easy way to get from MMUI....

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

Originally posted by josiahjg View Post
    Feature improvement: Ability to set different timeouts for different users, so a power user who is always doing something but might timeout and have to login and loose their place can have long timeout, and others have shorter timeouts so they don't take up a seat when they are done but forgot to logout.
    Problem I see with that approach would be that the site would be out of PCI compliance if ANY admin time exceeded 15 minutes. Perhaps a half measure would be a timer display showing how many minutes until the time out occurs. But yea...its a major pia.

Leave a comment:

• josiahjg
    replied

Feature improvement: Ability to set different timeouts for different users, so a power user who is always doing something but might timeout and have to login and loose their place can have long timeout, and others have shorter timeouts so they don't take up a seat when they are done but forgot to logout.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Originally posted by josiahjg View Post
    Is it possible and I am just missing it, to adjust what "widgets" are displayed on home screen? IE can I get rid of any we don't use to speed up loading/move them around to optimize our work flow?
    Have you considered capitalizing on the bookmark feature and putting your steps in order?

Leave a comment:

• josiahjg
    replied

Rick, Yes low resolution mode so we can see more records per screen :) That explains it. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Josiahjg,

1. The breadcrumbs are clickable. Is it possible you're in low resolution mode? Which would mean those are titles and not breadcrumbs. But in regular mode the breadcrumbs definitely click the way you asked.

2. The home screen icons can't be rearranged.

Leave a comment:

• josiahjg
    replied

Is it possible and I am just missing it, to adjust what "widgets" are displayed on home screen? IE can I get rid of any we don't use to speed up loading/move them around to optimize our work flow?

Leave a comment:

• josiahjg
    replied

Make bread crumbs clickable IE: When I am editing a product,
    Product | Edit Product: NAME

Product could go to the catalog:Product editor

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Jim,

There's a number of technical reasons and/or usability reasons for the amount of whitespace in the actual batch list and we think for most users they'd prefer our defaults.

With that said, we're actively working on some sort of setting that would allow people in your shoes to display a lot more records. It won't make it into 9.0003 (that's too close to done) but we'll keep refining until we get that right as we know there's a myriad of use cases people want and I understand what/why of what you're asking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X