X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jsisk
    replied
    Re: Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

Rick, here are a couple picture of before and after with notes and a couple minutes of editing.
    Optimized for functionality and productivity rather than optimized for a tablet. (unfortunately, you can't have both)

Revised:

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

I assume you're talking about maximizing the number of records you can see on a batch list?

Also when you say whitespace, do you mean up top or on the rows themselves?

Leave a comment:

• josiahjg
    replied

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
    Go into Users, Settings and then set the Low Resolution setting to a very large number (something taller than your biggest monitor), it might take a little getting used to but you'll find you can see a lot more on the screen
    That does help a little but still only 17 records on a list... where I'd prefer to have 30, which should not be a problem if we remove all the whitespace and make font size smaller. Also with lists preloading so you can search for records with Ctrl+F will help this... but still, we edit lists of 15 to 500 regularly. The more we can fit on a screen the better

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    LOL! Didn't think of that...by multiple changes, I meant, say for example, changing inventory for 10 items, just double click, change value, double-click, change value, etc THEN press Save...but if enter does it great. (I still dislike using the mouse whenever possible, in fact, I use it left handed just so my right hand is free to hit enter.)
    I agree and hitting enter saves and works on almost every single line edit in mm9 so while adding attributes changing price,name etc during the process of adding or updating products. You can do multiple edits on the batch screen by selecting them all and clicking the pencil icon. Hitting enter will save all the edits when you're done. It's wonderful
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 02-20-15, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
    Just hitting the "Enter" key works... What do you mean allow multiple changes though?
    LOL! Didn't think of that...by multiple changes, I meant, say for example, changing inventory for 10 items, just double click, change value, double-click, change value, etc THEN press Save...but if enter does it great. (I still dislike using the mouse whenever possible, in fact, I use it left handed just so my right hand is free to hit enter.)

Leave a comment:

• mcrmedical
    replied

Yes, we've played with that, thanks for pointing that out. It's really nice when we don't know exactly what we're looking for. But when we know what we're looking for, we used to be able to type a few characters and arrow down to the right one very quickly, but in 9 we can't see the whole code anymore and have to type out the whole code or go to the "look up" screen like you said. That operation takes us longer than it did in PR8, so I thought I'd mention it. Thanks!

For the add item have you tried hitting the "look up" button to add items? You will be able to see the entire product info.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

You can edit multiple rows already.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    which is a mega cool feature...any chance we can get the "save" button to appear on mouse out when editing in line...kind of ruins the flow if you have to jump to the top....or, perhaps allow for multiple changes.
    Just hitting the "Enter" key works... What do you mean allow multiple changes though?
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 02-20-15, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

I disagree because you can edit what fields show on the batch screen and then double clicking the field and going straight to it. I hope they are not planning on removing that feature!
    which is a mega cool feature...any chance we can get the "save" button to appear on mouse out when editing in line...kind of ruins the flow if you have to jump to the top....or, perhaps allow for multiple changes.

Leave a comment:

• jsisk
    replied

Tried the low-res mode. Instead of only being to view 8 items in the catalog, I can now view 11. Not much of an improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Also on the "whitespace" issue.

I think for people who feel the new Admin is too generous with whitespace and font sizes, you can turn on "Low Resolution Navigation Mode" on a user by user basis.

Go into Users, Settings and then set the Low Resolution setting to a very large number (something taller than your biggest monitor), it might take a little getting used to but you'll find you can see a lot more on the screen.

Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 10.58.21 AM.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Originally posted by K Series Parts View Post
    1. I think how it works right now should be switched
    I disagree because you can edit what fields show on the batch screen and then double clicking the field and going straight to it. I hope they are not planning on removing that feature!

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Not sure if related or unrelated....The admin home screen takes quite a while to load for us. Could it load quicker without the banner? Or perhaps I need to remove some of my reports snippets?
    Bubbles,

Do you have a large number of reports set to show on the Home Screen? That's usually the only thing that slows that down.

Leave a comment:

• K Series Parts
    replied

1. I think how it works right now should be switched
    2. thank goodness, long time coming

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

1. You can if you just start by clicking on the far left area (you don't actually have to click twice). We are working on improvements to make that more intuitive.

2. This is coming, probably in 9.0004

Leave a comment:

Working...
X