• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jsisk
    replied
    Re: Miva Merchant 9 Admin Optimization Requests

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
    Import/Export Bookmarks.

I've been using Bookmarks to setup Step One, Two, Three links to areas they need to access for a specific task. Its FRIGGIN AWESOME (for the most part). Now, they just click Do this: Step 1, Do this: Step 2, etc. Save's a bunch of time...however. Along with that, I'm also bookmarking tools they use often like Edit This!, Template GPS, Optimizer, etc. Trouble is, I have to login as THEM, and manually go through this process. Not sure if many others would use this, but it would be great to be able to Export than Import bookmark (and user preference) settings. This would also be great if you had to change user names or bring on a new admin worker.
    So are bookmarks specific to each user?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

It seems that the desire to make the new admin function on an iPhone was one of the driving factors when developing it. (excess padding, icons on buttons instead of text, ect.) What I don't understand is why. Are there developers and web owners that build and maintain their sites on their phones and tablets?
    This is not a true statement. Making it "Touch" friendly was a goal, and we tested on tablets, but not really on phones much.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

Import/Export Bookmarks.

I've been using Bookmarks to setup Step One, Two, Three links to areas they need to access for a specific task. Its FRIGGIN AWESOME (for the most part). Now, they just click Do this: Step 1, Do this: Step 2, etc. Save's a bunch of time...however. Along with that, I'm also bookmarking tools they use often like Edit This!, Template GPS, Optimizer, etc. Trouble is, I have to login as THEM, and manually go through this process. Not sure if many others would use this, but it would be great to be able to Export than Import bookmark (and user preference) settings. This would also be great if you had to change user names or bring on a new admin worker.

Leave a comment:

• jsisk
    replied

Search function in catalog does not support multiple words unless the words are consecutive. For instance, if you are looking for all red shirts, a search for red shirt in the catalog will not find Red striped shirt or Red Polo Shirt or Red and Blue Shirt. It will only bring up "Red Shirt" or "Red Shirt with Green Stripes".

Tried both regular and advanced search. The search works if you use the global search at top, but not when you are in the catalog. This makes restocking inventory very labor intensive when you need to figure out which red shirt needs to be restocked.

Leave a comment:

• jsisk
    replied

It seems that the desire to make the new admin function on an iPhone was one of the driving factors when developing it. (excess padding, icons on buttons instead of text, ect.) What I don't understand is why. Are there developers and web owners that build and maintain their sites on their phones and tablets?

Leave a comment:

• jsisk
    replied

As our inventory has grown over the years, we have needed to add more and more categories in order to allow our customers to drill down through hundreds of products. Some categories now go four levels deep with 100 sub categories between levels. Many of our categories have some type of data or script in the footer that is specific to a particular group of categories/sub-categories. This data may consist of a table, javascript, and/or toolkit code. Because of code contained in the footer, you cannot export and edit the category footers. (excel will not open file)

When we edit a group of sub-categories, we use to just click through the category list and open each sub-category in order. (using shift click to open in new window) We would paste the new code and save. Less than a second to get to the next category and the color change of the link (visited link) would show us visually which had been edited.

With the new admin interface, there is no way to track which have been updated so we need a pen and paper to write each one down. Then, we need to go back to the beginning and click through three to four levels to get to the next category. While the inline editing is a great new feature, it does not work for headers and footers because the field is too small.

What would help would be some type of advanced search in the category section of the catalog that would allow you to search on the parent category field and isolate just the categories belonging to a specific parent AND a way to open/edit each category without having to go back to the beginning AND keep track of which have been edited. (history function might work if the sub-categories could be isolated)

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

There is no more total items in the list number anymore. So I have no idea how many records I'm seeing on the screen. In 5.5 it used to have something like 1-86 if you were viewing 86 items on the page.
    This is coming back, I think in 9.0003

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Originally posted by lancermedia View Post
    I can't see the currently assigned images or change their display order via that method correct

-Kevin
    No but if they are uploaded separately and in order it won't get messed up same is true for importing. Do the import one custom image field at a time and in the order you want to keep the correct display order.

Leave a comment:

• lancermedia
    replied

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
    You can upload images to each variant color from the attribute tab of the product. Generating variants will then make the option available.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]953[/ATTACH]
    Custom fields are slightly more complicated but you can display them on the batch screen, do a search for them and edit the custom field all at once on the batch screen or export them.

I can't see the currently assigned images or change their display order via that method correct?

We have a lot of custom fields assigned to each, and it's easiest for me (if I'm not importing) to go directly to the custom fields page of the variant.

-Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Images for the products are at the variant level for 1 client (all products are broken down into colors).

We also have custom fields for each variant that control meta data for shipping feeds.

Again, none of it life altering.....just find the process of going out to the main list just to jump to another variant a waste of time.

-Kevin
    You can upload images to each variant color from the attribute tab of the product. Generating variants will then make the option available.

Custom fields are slightly more complicated but you can display them on the batch screen, do a search for them and edit the custom field all at once on the batch screen or export them.
    Last edited by Mark Hood; 02-18-15, 02:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce - PhosphorMedia
    replied

Originally posted by josiahjg View Post
    - smaller font size for almost everything especially the menus, for us, like others, the options we want are in the ellipses - bring them all back to the front. right now font size 16, but 10 or 11 would work for me, and less white space you could fit almost twice as many options on screen.

- fit more in lists, make it all smaller so we can edit more at a time
    Do you mean just font sizes or padding? Font sizes can be changed by using the browser zoom. (I use CTRL - Mouse Wheel). I think what we need is scalable padding as well.

Leave a comment:

• lancermedia
    replied

Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post
    Just curious.. why do you need to go to each variant?
    Images for the products are at the variant level for 1 client (all products are broken down into colors).

We also have custom fields for each variant that control meta data for shipping feeds.

Again, none of it life altering.....just find the process of going out to the main list just to jump to another variant a waste of time.

-Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Please remove the need for having to enter a % in my search terms on the catalog screen.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hood
    replied

Dealing with variants is still painful in v9. It's no worse than 5.5.....but would love to see some kind of jump menu when you are viewing a variant or the parent product to easily get to all the other variants without having to go back to the main list or using the left/right arrows.
    -Kevin
    Just curious.. why do you need to go to each variant?

Leave a comment:

• Leanne
    replied

josiahjg, I may be misunderstanding your request, but did you know that if you click the word Catalog (not the arrow) you go straight to the Edit Products page? There is also a "tab" on that page that will allow you to view and edit categories.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X