This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Pricing by Category - Discount Tables Not Displayed

I wanted to now push this bug report over to the 9.08 thread since after just updating from 9.07 the bug still exists...

I'm trying to get volume pricing implemented on our site, and have run across a problem when assigning discounted products by category.

If I assign specific products via "Discounted Products" to a Volume Pricing price group, then the volume pricing "discount table" will appear as it's supposed to where it's called on the CTGY pages, PROD pages, and SEARCH pages.

If however I use "Discounted Categories" to assign the products to a Volume Pricing group, then the tables do not display the volume pricing tiers.

The basket price does however reflect the volume discount if the volume threshold is met.

Psydde Delicious
    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
    Philadelphia, PA
    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Hi delcorsets

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we do have a bug filed to have it fixed.

-Eric
      Eric Foresman
      Software Tester
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
      [email protected]

Comment

This may be more a feature failure than a bug because I think the functions work as spec'd.

Scenario: assign a content item to a page. Add some content to that tab so it will render. You can modify that content at will. When you un-assign that content item, maybe for testing page speed, the content gets deleted and there is no version history (that I can find). When you reassign that content item, you're left with a blank content tab.

It's likewise with built-in items like Related Products. You can make edits to the default template as desired. Then, un-assign this item. When you assign this item to the page, the default template code is loaded and you lost your previous changes unless you made a manual back up to some other kind of container.

IMO, the failure is that you did not delete the item but the content is eliminated and is likely unexpected.

I think this should work similar to this if tracking the history as is currently done, the un-assign event should be recorded and last recorded version of that template should be loaded when the item is reassigned.

Scott
        Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
        Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
        MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
        Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
        AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
        My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

I've run into this a couple times now and am thinking it must be a bug.

Customer has paid with PayPal. (I'm using PayPal Payments Pro.) I need to adjust the order and make a partial refund. This works fine if the customer has paid by credit card, but if the payment was made with PayPal I receive this error message, "Refund Failed: Unable to authorize payment: The partial refund amount is not valid (10009)." I need to go into PayPal and issue the partial refund from there, and it works fine there--no error. After I do this, I don't have a way of showing in Miva that the refund was issued. Miva shows a net captured amount on the order which doesn't match the order total. Screenshot attached.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by oliverands; 04-27-18, 06:32 AM.
          Todd Gibson
          Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Not sure if this is a 9.8 bug or if the origin was slightly earlier, but here's what I've been experiencing when using an Add-On Product price group.

Example: Price group is configured to be Add-On Product, adding the product "123abc" (retail price of $10) with a price of $0, restricted to Basket Subtotal of $50.
            Pre-issue: When a customer adds $50 of merchandise to their basket product 123abc is automatically added to their cart with a price of $0 (while displaying $10 savings)

Current results: A customer adds $40 to their basket, product abc123 is added to their cart with a price of $0 (while displaying $10 savings).

saleitem1 normal price $50 is on sale for $25
            Pre-issue: When a customer adds saleitem1 (@ $25) to their basket product, price group is not triggered, nothing added to cart.

Current results: A customer adds a saleitem1 (@ $25) to their basket, product abc123 is added to their cart with a price of $0 (while displaying $10 savings).

No changes have been made to the price group in question, or the basket page. At first glance it appears as though the price group is including the cost of the free product in the basket subtotal. But in the second situation it appears that the price group is ignoring other discounts.

Comment

Hi oliverands
              I do not get that error when doing a partial refund for an order that used PayPal express checkout. I did find a PayPal help KB that listed some of the underlying causes you would receive an error (10009).

https://www.paypal.com/pt/selfhelp/a...e-10009-ts1125

take a look at that link and see if that helps, but let me know if it is a dead end.

-Eric
              Eric Foresman
              Software Tester
              Miva Merchant
              [email protected]

Comment

Eric, I've taken a look at that page, and I don't believe any of those things are the issue. All the use cases are summarized by this, "All of the preceding issues result from your PayPal balance having insufficient funds to cover the amount of the refund. In addition, either you haven't yet verified the bank account associated with your PayPal account or you have no bank account associated with your PayPal account." I can verify that I have funds in the account and a linked bank account.

Additionally, after getting the error in Miva, I was able to log into my PayPal account and make the partial refund on the transaction there. So I'm able to make the partial refund directly in PayPal, but I'm not able to use Miva to make the refund.
                Todd Gibson

Comment

Eric, I had one additional thought. I have split payment working in my store. I'm wondering if the issue might somehow be related to the PayPal module and split payments. I noticed that when I do a partial refund using a credit card and resend the customer order confirmation email, it shows the initial full payment and the refund. When I resent the order confirmation on this order, it showed only the order total--not the amount of the original payment.
                  Todd Gibson

Comment

Hi oliverands

If you are talking about the built in split payment module, then that is unlikely to cause this issue. That module is only ever used at runtime during checkout when placing an order while using customer credit.

If this is a third-party module that you have installed then I suppose it could be affecting the value sent to PayPal when performing the refund.

At this point it might be best to open a service ticket with support. They will be able to turn on some call logging to see what exactly is getting sent to PayPal and might also find the reason for that (10009) error.

Hope this helps

-Eric
                    Eric Foresman
                    Software Tester
                    Miva Merchant
                    [email protected]

Comment

Eric, I just had this same issue with another order. I'll put in a ticket.
                      Todd Gibson

Comment

could "Store Credit" be a reserved word?

<mvt:assign name="g.KEcreditdesc" value="StoreCredit" />
                        is okay
                        <mvt:assign name="g.KEcreditdesc" value="Store Credit" />
                        throws an error in my store.

Error compiling template: Line 114: Expression compilation failed: Found additional argument 'C' while looking for operator

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                          could "Store Credit" be a reserved word?

<mvt:assign name="g.KEcreditdesc" value="StoreCredit" />
                          is okay
                          <mvt:assign name="g.KEcreditdesc" value="Store Credit" />
                          throws an error in my store.

Error compiling template: Line 114: Expression compilation failed: Found additional argument 'C' while looking for operator
                          "Store Credit" is not a reserved word. Literal values in mvt:assign need to be wrapped around single quotes. So StoreCredit is assumed to be an unscoped variable while Store Credit is an invalid variable name since it contains a space.
                          David Carver
                          Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

So? Like this... <mvt:assign name="g.KEcreditdesc" value="'Store Credit'" />

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                              So? Like this... <mvt:assign name="g.KEcreditdesc" value="'Store Credit'" />
                              Correct.
                              David Carver
                              Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Image Machine Manage Images doesn't sort by size.
                                Image machine used to allow sorting by size, I found this really useful to find images that hadn't been optimized for the web properly.
                                How come it doesn't allow sorting by size any longer? I think it should.
                                The version I have that I noticed this on is Miva 9.09.00

Comment

Working...
                                X