No announcement yet.

Online Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. A user needs access to Store Utility Settings to use Manage Quotes. None of the existing User Groups have that access. You're best off creating a new Group just for the Manage Quote permissions.

2. You can't do that today but we can look at adding that into a future version.

3. The Quote Expiration is used to trigger an automated email to let the customer know the quote is able to expire. Once it expires its status gets changed to Expired. Expired Quotes can still be updated, copied and converted to orders via the admin.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

I'm setting up this module right now as well, and I can't find where to update the thank you message for when a quote is submit.

I went to the error messages panel under user interface, and the list contains the message for it, but not just one for a template. I've ran 4 tests for submitting a quote so far, and the message is showing in the error messages panel 4 times.

It has:
      Thank you. Your quote # is 1000.
      Thank you. Your quote # is 1001.
      Thank you. Your quote # is 1002.

etc, all listed as separate messages. Is there any way to consolidate that so they dont keep building up every time a quote is submit, and so I can change the text?

Also, how do I add a quote custom field to my quote submit form?

Thanks
      Last edited by heatherwebdev; 02-22-19, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Hello Brennan,

I created a new group with Store Utility Setting included as you suggested, while it does give me access to the 4 quote emails template (which I do not want) , the section I need is to manage the actual quote. create and modify quotes. Which is not shown under utilities, where I see it as an admin. Can you provide with what else is needed for access to create and modify quotes.

Thanks

Kevin
        Automotive Workwear

Comment

Hello,

In my testing, here are the things you need to add to the manage quotes group in order to be able to add or modify quotes. Go into groups, and click on the manage quotes group > privileges tab

- "View" > customer, business account and order notes
          - "View" > Customers
          - "View", "Add", "Modify" > Order Processing
          - "View" > Products
          - "View" > Store utilities

From there you can test the restricted user and see if you need more access, you can dial it more under the privileges tab for that custom group you created.

I just got word that we'll be updating the online docs (PDF) that come with the module download with this information.

Regards,
          Last edited by rbuelna; 03-04-19, 11:23 AM.
          Rafael Buelna
          Miva Support Engineer
          800.608.MIVA (24/7 Support)
          http://www.miva.com
          http://www.miva.com/support

Comment

I seem to be having a bug with some pricing on the quote module. I have a volume pricing price group set up, and when creating the quote, its pricing correctly. Then when I go to create an order from the quote, and the quote is back in the basket, it's applying my volume pricing again, discounting it further. Is there a way to disable the volume pricing if the basket is created from a quote?

Comment

For those using Manage Quotes, I'm in the testing phase and I'm not seeing Customer Price Group pricing or Volume Pricing taking effect when I add or update product quantities in my quotes.

Previous posts on this thread indicate that price groups and volume pricing is working for others.. Ron Frigon oliverands heatherwebdev

I did not see it mentioned in the install docs, but does a volume pricing or price group item need to be manually assigned to any/all of the quote pages for this to work?

Thanks.
              Psydde Delicious
              Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
              Philadelphia, PA
              www.DeliciousBoutique.com
              www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

I haven't messed with the Quotes module in quite some time. The deal breaker for us was that most all of our items have volume pricing. When a customer has a quoted price on a product, the volume discount is applied to the quoted price during checkout. The only workaround I could figure out was to change the product code of the item in the quote. This would disconnect it from the price group so volume pricing would not be applied. I never found a good way for this to play nice with volume pricing. Maybe I was going about it the wrong way...
                Ron Frigon
                Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Ron Frigon Thanks for the reply. That might end up being a concern for us as well, as many of our products also have volume pricing.

At this point I'm still just trying to get Price Groups and Volume Pricing to be reflected in the Quote itself when I initially add the products. It's odd that it seems to have worked for others "out of the box."

In your experience, were price groups and volume pricing being calculated in the quote itself when products were added?

I haven't yet gotten to the point of testing quotes that are Added to Basket, but when I get there I'll keep in mind the issue you describe. If I have any a-ha moments and come up with some sort of volume pricing exclusion technique I'll be sure to post about it.
                  Psydde Delicious
                  Philadelphia, PA
                  www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Ron Frigon So, I started thinking about your issue (even though I'm not quite there yet ;)

What if you created a Price Group called Quotes, and then added all Customers who request a quote into that price group. You could then set up an exclusion rule in your Volume Pricing Group(s) to "Exclude for Same Item" from the Quotes group.

The Quotes Price Group would probably need to have a higher priority level than your volume pricing price groups.

Not sure if this will work since I'm not at the point of being able to test it yet, but it might get you going on a different track..
                    Psydde Delicious
                    Philadelphia, PA
                    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

It's been so long since I worked on this module that I don't really remember much about configuring it. I think that the pricing just automatically worked if I had assigned a client that was in the price group and added a product that was in that price group. I eventually stopped assigning a customer to quotes because I was never able to figure out the issue I posted about earlier with the link resolving to a login page which didn't take the customer to their "after logging in. So now I just create the quote, manually apply the correct pricing in the quote and then the customer receives an email with instructions about how to check out and log into their account during the checkout process so that their address is used for shipping the order.
                      Todd Gibson
                      Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

In your experience, were price groups and volume pricing being calculated in the quote itself when products were added?
                        No they were not. The item would be added to the cart at the quoted price. Then during checkout the volume price would be applied to the quoted price.
                        Reading back through this it looks like there has been a new version released since I was working with it. Maybe this issue was addressed in the new version, but I don't see any mention of it.
                        Ron Frigon
                        Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Ron Frigon I think I may have actually found a work around for your problem. I tested my theory by creating a new Price Group called "Quotes". I made it the highest priority of all my 65 price groups.

I set it up as type Product Discount, with a 0% discount rate and assigned it to All Products Unless Excluded. I made it eligible to Specific Customers only. I then set exclusions to "Exclude for Same Basket" for every other price group.

For testing, I manually assigned my test customer (who was already in a price group) to the Quotes price group as well. When the test customer was logged in and the Quote was Added to Basket, the quote retained all the correct pricing - no further discounting was stacked on top of the quote pricing.

Obviously it would be a hassle to manually assign / unassign customers from this price group for every quote, but it looks like this might be able to happen via code by using this feature:

https://docs.miva.com/how-to-guides/...-template-code

HTML Code:
                          <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_PGR_UT" name="l.result" value="Basket_Assign_Persistent_PriceGroup( basket_id, pricegroup_name )" />

If that code snippet can somehow be worked into the "Add quote to basket" link below, then it should automatically put the customer into the Quotes price group when they go to check out.

HTML Code:
                                  <mvt:if expr="NOT l.settings:quote_info:quote:is_expired">
                                      <tr>
                                          <td align="center"><a href="&mvt:urls:BASK:auto_sep;Action=MIVA_LOAD_QUOTE&QuoteCode=&mvta:quote_info:quote:code;">Add quote to basket</a></td>
                                      </tr>
                                  </mvt:if>
                          According to the docs regarding Price Group Assignments via Template Code,
                          The price group is assigned to the shopper at the basket level so once they have been assigned to the price group it will be valid until either it gets explicity removed (via template code) or the basket expires and is deleted.
                          So, I think that means all regularly scheduled discounting would go back to normal after the customer completes their sale from the quote.

6/21/20 Update:

Until Miva adds the ability to exclude Quotes from being further discounted by price groups, this work around does seem to do the trick.

I updated the link which adds the quote to the basket (on QUOT page) as follows:

HTML Code:
                                      <tr>
                                          <mvt:do file="g.Module_Feature_PGR_UT" name="l.result" value="Basket_Assign_Persistent_PriceGroup(g.Basket:basket_id,'Quotes')" />
                                          <td align="center"><a href="&mvt:urls:BASK:auto_sep;Action=MIVA_LOAD_QUOTE&QuoteCode=&mvta:quote_info:quote:code;">Add quote to basket</a></td>
                                      </tr>
                          This successfully allows the quote to be added to the basket and purchased without any further discounting. Once the transaction is completed, or if the cart is deleted, a customer's eligible price group discounting will resume.

The caveats I've discover so far are:
                          - If a customer already has discounted items in their cart when the quote is added, the preexisting discounts will be removed.
                          - If a customer tries to add any new products to the cart containing the quote, those new products will not be discounted even if eligible.
                          Last edited by delcorsets; 06-22-20, 01:44 AM.
                          Psydde Delicious
                          Philadelphia, PA
                          www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Are there any plans to add the ability to have shipping costs included in the quote?

Comment

I second that, heatherwebdev ; is there a way we can override the defaults and add the shipping address info? Problem is we need to provide quotes inclusive of shipping and it also saves a step when we get to the convert quote to order. Has anyone worked around the address / shipping part of Manage Quotes?

Comment

Bumping this - we really want to use the quotes module but need to be able to offer shipping rates included as a part of the quote. It's affecting a core part of our business now.

Comment

Working...
                                X