Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can no longer make changes to custom fields from the list of products by double clicking, editing, and saving.

I can still take those actions but the changes made are not saved.

I have to go into each individual product in order to change any of the custom field information.

This includes product flags for the Suivant readytheme

Not the most detrimental issue but it is one that saves a lot of valuable time and one of my favorite features of the Miva 9 admin vs Miva 5.5
    Nick Harkins
    www.loveisarose.com
    *Web Developer
    *Miva
    *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

Originally posted by SidFeyDesigns View Post
      I can no longer make changes to custom fields from the list of products by double clicking, editing, and saving.

I can still take those actions but the changes made are not saved.

I have to go into each individual product in order to change any of the custom field information.

This includes product flags for the Suivant readytheme

Not the most detrimental issue but it is one that saves a lot of valuable time and one of my favorite features of the Miva 9 admin vs Miva 5.5
      Hi SidFeyDesigns

We currently have a bug on this issue, until it is resolved you can get around this bug by setting your stores charset to “UTF-8”. That should allow you to save changes to the custom fields from the batchlists.

-Eric
      Eric Foresman
      Software Tester
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
      [email protected]

Comment

That did the trick. Thank you.
        Nick Harkins
        www.loveisarose.com
        *Web Developer
        *Miva
        *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

Originally posted by rguisewite View Post

Your components are up to date, but I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for. From what you've said, it seems more like you're looking for the Wish List Items Layout, rather than the Wish List Layout component... Wish List Layout simply lists out the wish lists (not any of their items, just the list itself).
          Ryan you are correct, I had the wrong template for what I was trying to do. I should have listed the template code so my post would have been more clear. I also would have realized sooner that I was on the wrong template. I expected WLST to be the individual Wish LiST. But I see now it isn't. WLST is the list of all the wishlists while WISH is the individual wishlist template.
          I still have two problems. One I solved by commenting out some code.

Originally posted by rguisewite View Post
          The available fields within the foreach loop for each wish list here is:

bill_fname: (Customer's First Name)
          bill_lname: (Customer's Last Name)
          id: (ID of the wish list)
          cust_id: (ID of the customer)
          title: (Title of the wish list)
          notes: (Notes for the wish list -- ie, a description of the wish list)
          shared: (Whether this wish list is private or public/shared)

If that isn't what your actual question was, or the above was completely unhelpful, let me know (maybe with some screenshots and a little more detail as to what you're attempting to accomplish?) and we'll get it sorted out :)

on WLST and WISH template i do not have a "shared" checkbox in point and click mode (nor in advanced)
          That also doesn't exist on WLAD or WLED. I'm attaching images so you can see.

What billing first name and last name are used? The ones that exist as default billing at the time the individual wishlist is created? or the one set as default billing by the customer at anytime the wishlist are search for (since customers can now change what their default billing address is set to)?

Also the bug where add all from wishlist to basket.. doesn't work if any of the items from the wishlist are out of stock.

Kelly WISH.pngWLST.png

Comment

Not really a bug per se... but it would be super nice if the image management could sort by image file size (not just by height and width).

Comment

I'm not sure if this bug was already mentioned somewhere, but it seems that if you are making "bulk" changes to products from within the Catalog list, the changes do not always stick.

From within the Catalog product list I used a search term to isolate just the products I wanted to update. I then selected them all for editing, and updated the appropriate custom field for all the selected products. After clicking Save, the catalog list showed the new content in the custom field, but after going to the product itself, the content did not actually save to the custom field.

** Sorry, right after posting this I saw the same bug mentioned higher up in this thread. Would setting the stores charset to “UTF-8” as a temporary fix have affects on anything else?
              Last edited by delcorsets; 01-13-19, 11:03 AM.
              Psydde Delicious
              Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
              Philadelphia, PA
              www.DeliciousBoutique.com
              www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

It might, if you have high-order ascii characters (like curly quotes) that where put in either through the Rich Text Editor while the store wasn't in UTF-8 or via copy paste from an editor like Word.

Easy way to tell is to switch and look through your products (like on the product list page).
                Bruce Golub
                Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                phosphormedia.com

Comment

Not sure if this is a bug or a new feature, but it's something that's not working well for me....

Since the update to 9.12.02, the order processing screen remembers the manner in which is was last used and returns you to the selected filters you had chosen the next time you go there. The issue is that if I now type an order number into the universal search box, the search function will find the order number as it always has. But then when I select it and I get taken to the order processing screen, if that order number does not fall within the range of orders selected by the last filter I used, it does not get displayed.

So if my last view of the order processing screen was with the filter group Order Status | Last 14 Days | Shipped, and if I have navigated on to another part of the admin and I need to find order #99096 when I input it in the universal search box, I see Edit Order: Order #99096. But then when I select it, Miva takes me back to the order processing screen with filters set to Order Status | Last 14 Days | Shipped. If order 99096 doesn't fall into that set of results, the order won't open for me to edit. I'll be left with the order processing screen showing this set of filter results, not the order I want to see.
                  Todd Gibson
                  Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Originally posted by oliverands View Post
                    Not sure if this is a bug or a new feature, but it's something that's not working well for me....

Since the update to 9.12.02, the order processing screen remembers the manner in which is was last used and returns you to the selected filters you had chosen the next time you go there. The issue is that if I now type an order number into the universal search box, the search function will find the order number as it always has. But then when I select it and I get taken to the order processing screen, if that order number does not fall within the range of orders selected by the last filter I used, it does not get displayed.

So if my last view of the order processing screen was with the filter group Order Status | Last 14 Days | Shipped, and if I have navigated on to another part of the admin and I need to find order #99096 when I input it in the universal search box, I see Edit Order: Order #99096. But then when I select it, Miva takes me back to the order processing screen with filters set to Order Status | Last 14 Days | Shipped. If order 99096 doesn't fall into that set of results, the order won't open for me to edit. I'll be left with the order processing screen showing this set of filter results, not the order I want to see.
                    Hi Todd

I have filed a bug for this issue. Thanks for letting us know about this problem.

-Eric

Eric Foresman
                    Software Tester
                    Miva Merchant
                    [email protected]

Comment

Additional images fields are not denoted any differently than custom fields in template feeds.
                      SO in template feeds for products this now causes a problem.
                      additional images and custom field used have different variables. Pre 9.xx (I don't know if this changed in the middle of the version 9 or was just version 5 to 9 change) the image variables didn't look like custom field variables. it was something like l.settings.customfield:image:main
                      or something like that --- I don't want to dig into old code on an old store that has been turned off to get the exact variable.

Now, if you have an image fields that are named the same as a product additional field... you can't get at one of them for the feed becuase one gets overwritten with the value of the other.

I think that the images used to be denotes with image type in the name or a colon and the type name or something...

but now for outputting the values of the image type field they appear just like any other custom field and are not denoted as being an image type

so I have a problem.... and it is pretty near impossible to change the data now after years and years...

so HOW can I get this resolved. how in my feed can I call the image type: packaging and not have it be exactly the same as the custom field packing in my template?

See the code output for my template. I selected my two image types and a custom field.
                      I have image type:main and image type:packaging
                      which contain the urls to images
                      I also have a customer field packaging which we have always used to denote if this is retail packages or vacuum packed in a plastic bag (this is really important for retailers to know if they are brick and mortar stores or online retailers)

Code:
                      PRODUCT_CODE,PRODUCT_CUSTOMFIELD_IMAGE_TYPE:_MAIN,PRODUCT_CUSTOMFIELD_IMAGE_TYPE:_PACKAGING,PRODUCT_CUSTOMFIELD_PACKAGING&mvt:eol:crlf;

&mvt:record:code;,&mvt:record:customfield:main;,&mvt:record:customfield:packaging;,&mvt:record:customfield:packaging;&mvt:eol:crlf;
                      anyway this IS a problem

I also looked at the available tokens in the page template editor and see this for packaging
                      l.settings:record:customfield:packaging &mvt:record:customfield:packaging; Retail Packaging
                      Global Variables
                      g.session:cache:customfld:product:fields:packaging &mvt:global:session:cache:customfld:product:fie lds :packaging; Retail Packaging
                      g.session:cache:productimagecustomfields:productim age:by_imagetype:packaging &mvt:global:session:cache:productimagecustomfie lds :productimage:by_imagetype:packaging;
                      [
                      Is there perhaps an unpublished variable I can use for the product image by image type, So I can get the packaging type images and not the packaging type custom product field ?
                      Last edited by kayakbabe; 02-18-19, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                        Additional images fields are not denoted any differently than custom fields in template feeds.
                        SO in template feeds for products this now causes a problem.
                        additional images and custom field used have different variables. Pre 9.xx (I don't know if this changed in the middle of the version 9 or was just version 5 to 9 change) the image variables didn't look like custom field variables. it was something like l.settings.customfield:image:main
                        or something like that --- I don't want to dig into old code on an old store that has been turned off to get the exact variable.

Now, if you have an image fields that are named the same as a product additional field... you can't get at one of them for the feed becuase one gets overwritten with the value of the other.

I think that the images used to be denotes with image type in the name or a colon and the type name or something...

but now for outputting the values of the image type field they appear just like any other custom field and are not denoted as being an image type

so I have a problem.... and it is pretty near impossible to change the data now after years and years...

so HOW can I get this resolved. how in my feed can I call the image type: packaging and not have it be exactly the same as the custom field packing in my template?

See the code output for my template. I selected my two image types and a custom field.
                        I have image type:main and image type:packaging
                        which contain the urls to images
                        I also have a customer field packaging which we have always used to denote if this is retail packages or vacuum packed in a plastic bag (this is really important for retailers to know if they are brick and mortar stores or online retailers)

Code:
                        PRODUCT_CODE,PRODUCT_CUSTOMFIELD_IMAGE_TYPE:_MAIN,PRODUCT_CUSTOMFIELD_IMAGE_TYPE:_PACKAGING,PRODUCT_CUSTOMFIELD_PACKAGING&mvt:eol:crlf;

&mvt:record:code;,&mvt:record:customfield:main;,&mvt:record:customfield:packaging;,&mvt:record:customfield:packaging;&mvt:eol:crlf;
                        anyway this IS a problem

I also looked at the available tokens in the page template editor and see this for packaging
                        l.settings:record:customfield:packaging &mvt:record:customfield:packaging; Retail Packaging
                        Global Variables
                        g.session:cache:customfld:product:fields:packaging &mvt:global:session:cache:customfld:product:fie lds :packaging; Retail Packaging
                        g.session:cache:productimagecustomfields:productim age:by_imagetype:packaging &mvt:global:session:cache:productimagecustomfie lds :productimage:by_imagetype:packaging;
                        [
                        Is there perhaps an unpublished variable I can use for the product image by image type, So I can get the packaging type images and not the packaging type custom product field ?

Hi kayakbabe

I have added a bug for this issue thanks for letting us know about it.

-Eric
                        Eric Foresman
                        Software Tester
                        Miva Merchant
                        [email protected]

Comment

Bug and feature failure with (flatord) Export Orders to Flat File module when exporting custom order fields(textarea value); using a pipe ( | ) delimited export.

The custom order field value will be listed in the initial order if a value is found, and the same value will be listed in all subsequent orders where there is no custom order field value. The sequence will start again when a new value is found.

Simple to reproduce with two orders. If a case of the first order 1000, and the next is 1002 for example; Assign a value to order 1000 but no value to 1002. Export flat orders with a pipe(the delimiter is likely not a problem but it's a specific detail). load the exported csv. The custom order field value from 1000 will be in 1002 also.

The feature failure is when the textarea in the custom order field has multiple lines. This breaks the flat file into multiple lines with no conforming columns. The manual fix is to edit the csv file directly in a text editor. A simple program fix in the module could be this:

Code:
                          <MvFOREACH ITERATOR = "l.value" ARRAY = "l.customfield_values" COUNT = "{ l.customfield_count }">
                                 <MvComment> glosub the cr-lf with another character </MvComment>
                                 <MvASSIGN NAME = "l.value" VALUE = "{ glosub(l.value, asciichar(13) $ asciichar(10), '/r/n' ) }">
                                 <MvEVAL EXPR = "{ Buffer_Add_Encoded( l.record, g.FlatOrder_Delimiter, l.value ) }">
                          </MvFOREACH>
                          This feature failure also applies to item attributes that are textareas.

Scott
                          Last edited by ids; 02-27-19, 12:22 PM.
                          Need to offer Shipping Insurance?
                          Interactive Design Solutions https://www.myids.net
                          MivaMerchant Business Partner | Certified MivaMerchant Web Developer
                          Competitive Rates, Custom Modules and Integrations, Store Integration
                          AutoBaskets|Advanced Waitlist Integration|Ask about Shipping Insurance Integration
                          My T-shirt Collection is mostly MivaCon T-shirts!!

Comment

This is not specific to 9.12, but a small annoyance I've noticed is that the inventory messaging doesn't make sense if the availability runs negative for the "inventory at checkout" functionality. If the availability is exactly 0, it displays the "out of stock" message, but otherwise it shows the "limited availability" message. We sometimes set the out-of-stock threshold higher than 0, but if the inventory on hand is changed to 0 from Order Manger, suddenly the website message will say "there are only -1 available," which confuses people.

This is different from how product inventory messaging is handled elsewhere, where availability less than 0 will display the out of stock message.

Comment

you can create a template with a . in its code

If you go to marketing feeds to create a new feed and have it generate a template for you, and name that feed with a period in it. Then when it generates the matching template, the template code will also have a period in the code value.
                              Later you are unable to make changes to that template because Miva gives a warning that the code can only have letters, numbers, hyphens and underscores.
                              So you can't save any changes to that template. Also the code field is not editable, so you can't fix it.

Comment

Price group Specific Sale Price feature is a bit buggy

I just installed 9.13 so I don't know if this applies to 9.12.x or not.

Price groups have the capability to have a specific sale price.

1. (-- removed this point becuase I proved myself wrong after poking around in the store some more.)

2. The sale price can't be higher than the retail price... I think it should be able to be higher than the retail price if a store owner wants it.

What if we have a B2B store and want to make items available at a fixed MSRP to retail customers (and we are already using our price and cost fields for wholesale and distributor pricing). The current 9.13 price group specific sale price would work in this situation.. IF "sale" price could be higher than the product.price.

***I actually think a simpler fix would multiple price fields.. price price1 price2 ... and let us assign price groups which price field they use (just like you can assign price, cost, markdown and markup right now) And from the price group let us choose the price (price 1, price 2) we want to base our markup or mark down from. Knowing what I know about the page templates, I don't think this would actually be a ton of work (but then I don't develop modules), it seems like it would be the least impact for a lot of bang (capability). and I don't think it would need any changes to the templates that display products either.

maybe this last bit should be a dream feature... but I really think the price group specific sale price is kinda buggy (for reasons 1 and 2) and could work to do the same thing multiple price fields could do if it were fixed.
                                Last edited by kayakbabe; 04-17-19, 08:24 PM. Reason: i figured out my #1 report was not true so I removed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X