OCST default to billing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCST default to billing

How do I change the OCST screen so it ask for the billing information and the shipping information is hidden?

At Store Setting > Customer Fields, I have set the primary address as Billing and Shipping is set to optional. I thought this would change the OSCT screen it has not.
    Gary

[email protected]
    www.icCommerce.com

You might have the " Prevent Automatic Updates to This Template" option selected which prevents changes in the Customer settings from overwriting your custom template changes. if so, you have to manually recode the page template to swap the Bill to / Ship to positions. As far as hiding one by default, I don't know of a 'setting' that would do that, rather you just directly change the scripts controlling this.

Not sure if there are different scripts used for different ready themes, but this is what we use on our Bootstrap 4 implementation:

Code:
    <div class="col-sm-6 h-100" id="ship-to">
       <h2 class="fields-heading">Ship To: 
          <span id="shipping_controls" class="controls">
             <mvt:if expr="g.Action AND g.shipping_to_show">
                 <input name="shipping_to_show" id="shipping_to_show" type="checkbox" value="1" class="checkbox" checked />
             <mvt:elseif expr="g.AddressSame EQ 'No'">
                 <input name="shipping_to_show" id="shipping_to_show" type="checkbox" value="1" class="checkbox" />*
             <mvt:else>
                 <input name="shipping_to_show" id="shipping_to_show" type="checkbox" value="1" class="checkbox" checked  />
             </mvt:if>
             <label for="shipping_to_show"><span style="font-size:1rem">same as billing</label>
          </span>
      </h2>
    Bruce Golub
    Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
    phosphormedia.com

Comment

Miva support just checked this on a default store and setting the billing address as the primary does change the OSCT layout. So it looks like this is an issue with the Shadows ReadyTheme.
      Gary

[email protected]
      www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Bruce, I've never seen "Prevent Automatic Updates to This Template"? Where is this option located?
        Gary

[email protected]
        www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Its beneath the Customers template in various checkout screens...notably the OCST
          Bruce Golub
          Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
          phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
          X