• Miva Merchant 9.14.x Bug Reports

Please post any bug reports for 9.14.xx here
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

• Not sure if this is specific to 9.14 or has been present since 9.13, but:

For JavasScript/CSS Resources, a feature was added in 9.13 that appended an updated timestamp parameter T=XXX when the resource was edited in the admin dashboard. This allowed the use of the dashboard to edit the file and prevented caching issues when using the <mvt:item> method of including the file.

What I'm noticing is that if I edit and save a file that has a local path of say, /js/filename.js, this timestamp parameter is not updated.

However, if I edit and save the same file that has a local path of js/filename.js (and thus resides in the mm5 folder), the timestamp parameter updates correctly for both the file I just edited and the file located in /js/.

Not sure if you are intending all local resource files to reside in mm5 or if this is an oversight, but would be good information either way.

Related to bug fix 26774 I believe.

Comment

• new_user2018 There's definitely a bug there (more on this in a second), but looking at the original commit and what the code is actually doing, the intention was to have the files exist in the base path (usually /mm5/ unless it was changed). The reason being that different configurations could lead to unreadable file paths when attempting to calculate the last modified time.

The bug is that the way we build the file path based on the JavaScript resource path means that absolute paths are still getting the base path prepended, which is incorrect (ie, js/filename.js is converted to /mm5/js/filename.js when reading the relative filepath on the server, and /js/filename.js is converted to /mm5/js/filename.js, rather than just looking at /js/filename.js). That's what is causing your timestamp parameter to suddenly update when you modify the relative resource. I'll file a bug to fix the incorrect prepend. Whether or not we'll alter it to support reading the absolute file paths, I'm not sure. In the mean time, using relative paths, which will prepend the base href path, will work and give you the correct timestamp cache-busting parameter.
      Ryan Guisewite
      Lead UI Developer / Miva, Inc.
      www.miva.com

Comment

• Marketing Feeds output file naming forces .txt . I set the output file name to be myexample.csv and the output is always being named myexample.csv.txt

Comment

• Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
          Marketing Feeds output file naming forces .txt . I set the output file name to be myexample.csv and the output is always being named myexample.csv.txt
          What module is this? Only feed modules we have are Sitemap and Template Feed. Template Feed can output to a customizable file and from my testing it names the file correctly.
          David Carver
          Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Working...
          X

This website uses cookies to identify visitors, track visitors to our website, store login session information and to remember your user preferences. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accept