No announcement yet.

Base Ready Theme Categories on mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Bruce, you talked me out of it!...haha We played around with the site and too much to move around that way. Using the KISS method (cause I'm not too sharp), as opposed to using a dynamic menu for the top Navigation, I changed the "browse store" link to "View All Categories" and linked to the categorie-display.html page - wala, problem fixed and switched the viewport back! (Except need to make images quickly for each category!) I'll probably add another banner or text down lower under the featured items to "Shop All Categories" and link again to the category-display page for ease of use for mobile.

Comment

Understand. BTW, later in life, you might consider just locating another jQuery based menu system. One of the reason we prefer Base Ready is because its based on Bootstrap 3. There are literally hundreds of Bootstrap 3 menus out there which are fairly easy to 'drop in'.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Are you a bit "throwing out the baby with the bath water"? I agree with Bruce that forcing desktop on mobile users is a bad idea. You don't need to change themes until you're ready to do so, you just need to find a script that will turn your navigation into a mobile friendly layout on smaller screens.

Comment

Hi Leanne,
          We decided not to do the force to desktop and are using the subcategories for navigation - it's working well - now I'm discovering there is no way on mobile with this theme to edit the shopping cart and the shopping cart also doesn't show the product thumbnail - UGH!

Comment

As I noted on another post, those are 'design' decisions. Now, we could spend all day debating the merits, but keep in mind, the "BASE ReadyTheme" was never intended to be used 'out of the box' but rather was a 'beginning' place for developer/designers...and yes, Miva should made that clearer. I believe they now do with the two NEW ReadyTheme platforms.
            Bruce Golub
            Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
            phosphormedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X