Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ids
    replied
    I am using Colossus, which as far as I can tell pointed to the Shadows documentation for this. Once I realized where the link was I just clicked. I could not find "extensions" in CSS Resources and finally went to the forum -- this thread.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    At the moment, it would all depend on which ReadyTheme you were using. That being said, this will all change with the release of the next version of Shadows as the build process is different and, at least at first, it will not be shipping with Roundabout.

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    They appear to be wrong, or should NOT be there?

Following this thread, I got the impression that these instructions were going to be removed because they are obsolete. That hasn't been done yet?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Scott,

Those lines are part of the documentation [ https://docs.miva.com/readytheme-sha...ml#hero-slider ].

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    Still there, Appears this documentation update hasn't been done yet?

6. Navigate to User Interface -> CSS Resources
    7. Edit extensions and add @import "carousel/roundabout.css"; to the bottom of the import list.

Scott
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Zimmermann View Post
    The carouselDelay option will set the delay between slide display for automatic cycling. The default is 5000ms or 5 seconds.
    LOL - had that puppy set at 3000 - no wonder it was flying by

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    The carouselDelay option will set the delay between slide display for automatic cycling. The default is 5000ms or 5 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Doesn't the carouselDelay delay the time before the carousel starts to rotate? I need to slow down the time between slides. It's currently going through the slides too fast.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

Correct, you would pass that option in your initialization string like this:
    Code:
    $.loadScript(theme_path + 'extensions/carousel/roundabout.js', function () {
        $.hook('hero-carousel').roundabout({
            autoStart: true,
            carouselDelay: 10000
        });
    });

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    I have the carousel / roundabout running. Now how do I slow it down? I found the load delay
    Code:
    carouselDelay: 5000,
    What would be the line I need to adjust the carousel speed?

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Thanks! As soon as Miva Support figures out why this particular site keeps throwing this error
    Miva Merchant returned an invalid response.
    Function: PageList_Load_Query
    Response:
    I'll get back in there and give that a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

The core documentation will be altered, so nothing will need to be added to Colossus.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

Line 7 would not need to be performed as 'x-roundabout' is already included in the 'stylesheet' combined resource. You would still need to add the call to your theme.js file.
    Good to know - will this little tidbit be added to the Colossus docs?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Hi Leslie,

Line 7 would not need to be performed as 'x-roundabout' is already included in the 'stylesheet' combined resource. You would still need to add the call to your theme.js file.

Leave a comment:

• lesliekirk
    replied
    I have not tested adding a hero slider, but I see no reason why the default instructions wouldn't work.
    I can't find the file called "extensions" to make the first edit outlined in the Elements (if that is what you mean by default) instructions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X