Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ids
    replied
    For posterity, the solution was to start the slider without the features. IOW, copy the default definition of featured-products to the hero-slider and remove the feature definitions. Most of those don't apply to single, hero-type slider.

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    I'll PM or email directly -- protected folder.

BTW: I am sure there is something simple I've missed.
    Last edited by ids; 03-06-20, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    If I remember correctly, you shouldn't have to change that. Can you post a link to the site?

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    The images aren't stacking, but side by side because their width is now 352px.

In the JS should the class be identified as 'hero-slider' or '.hero-slider'?

Scott
    Last edited by ids; 03-06-20, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Try changing your code to:
    Code:
    <div class="hero-slider" data-hook="hero-slider">
        <div><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'hero_image_01' )"/></div>
        <div><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'hero_image_02' )"/></div>
        <div><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'hero_image_03' )"/></div>
        <div><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'hero_image_04' )"/></div>
    </div>
    <!-- end hero-slider -->

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    no js errors. Same with and without the div wrapper.

This is the RT content template. I am guessing I am missing some code in the template?

HTML Code:
    <div id="js-hero-slider" class="hero-slider">
       <div data-hook="hero-slider">
        <div><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'hero_image_01' )"/></div>
        <div><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'hero_image_02' )"/></div>
        <div><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'hero_image_03' )"/></div>
        <div><mvt:item name="readytheme" param="image( 'hero_image_04' )"/></div>
     </div>
    </div>
    <!-- end hero-slider -->
    The data-hook attr fixed the stacking. I guess it needs the column?
    Last edited by ids; 03-06-20, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    That sounds like it might be a styling issue, assuming there aren't any JavaScript errors being reported.

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    Thanks.

What is wrong when the images stack instead of "slide" if you will?

Scott
    IDS

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    That's correct Scott.

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    Thanks Matt.

Next important question. Slick is already running on the storefront -- featured products is default.

When adding a hero slider do I add a separate block of code for the hero-slider?

Code:

$.loadScript(theme_path + 'plugins/slick/slick.min.js', function () {
    $.hook('featured-products').slick({
    });
    $.hook('hero-slider').slick({
    });

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    No instructions for making a hero slider in the current line of ReadyThemes. You should be able to use a reference from Levels for the basic layout/function and then make modifications as needed.

https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/de...age-slide-show

https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/de...-into-a-slider

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    Ok, thanks. I wish I would have known before. This is a non-starter. It doesn't look like there is any fade type of capabilities for example.

So, Slick...any instructions for integrating with the RT like there is with roundabout? I imagine the template containing the images is similar?

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    lesliekirk - That's the plan.

ids - Unfortunately, there really aren't any features included with Roundabout. It was intended to be very simple. If a developer is looking for more options, I usually recommend using Slick, which ships in Colossus. As for the Roundabout options, these are the ones available.
    Code:
    You can pass the following settings to change the elements being called by the function:

autoStart: false \\ [Boolean] - Set to `true` for automatic cycling
    carouselDelay: 5000 \\ [Integer] - Set delay between slide display for automatic cycling
    group: false \\ [Boolean] - Set to `true` to create grouping of elements based on breakpoint
    groupClass: 'x-carousel__item' \\ [String} - Set the class to be used for element groups
    groupTiny: 2 \\ [Integer] - Set number of elements to show on screens < 640px
    groupSmall: 2 \\ [Integer] - Set number of elements to show on screens between 640px and 767px
    groupMedium: 4 \\ [Integer] - Set number of elements to show on screens between 768px and 959px
    groupLarge: 4 \\ [Integer] - Set number of elements to show on screens between 960px and 1439px
    groupWide: 4 \\ [Integer] - Set number of elements to show on screens >= 1440px
    groupWrapper: 'figure' \\ [String} - Set element to wrap groups with

$.hook('carousel').roundabout({
        autoStart: false,
        carouselDelay: 5000,
        group: false,
        groupClass: 'x-carousel__item',
        groupTiny: 2,
        groupSmall: 2,
        groupMedium: 4,
        groupLarge: 4,
        groupWide: 4,
        groupWrapper: 'figure'
    });

Leave a comment:

• ids
    replied
    Hey Matt,

Where is the best source of feature info about configuring roundabout? Now that I have it working, I need to know if I can actually use it. Autostart and delay aren't enough and I am guessing there are other nice features?

Thanks.

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Matt Zimmermann
    replied
    Current and next. Right now, there is no build process for the ReadyThemes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X