This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

Indicator and separate filter for un-archived orders.

So then in the "Manage Orders" pick list, there would need to be a way to visualize which orders are not yet archived (and thus have payment data still present). Color coding might work. Maybe an asterisk or whatever.

Also in the filter pull down it would be nice to also be able to filter for just un-archived orders.

Thanks,
    Sean Harrell
    Southland Trade Corp.

Comment

I'd like to have the attribute template list alphabetized. My stores use lots of attribute templates (100 - 200), and it's hard to find the right one when adding to an item.
      Looking for work as of March 2024! I've been a web developer for going on 20 years, with most of that time spent on Miva sites.

Comment

Ohhh - I'd like alphabetized attribute templates too!

I would like a more dynamic way of letting customers choose their attributes. We are all custom made products so we have A LOT of attributes and it ends up becoming one looooooong scroll down the page. (ex: http://elizab.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S...eb-sandals-dyo)
        I would love a small step-by-step attribute window next to a product:
        Step 1, pick your fabric - hit next- Step 2 pick your Toe Ribbon and Peanut - hit next, step 3 pick your Sole color and Style etc;

I don't know how else to explain it! Hope that was good enough!
        Dana Evans
        ------------------------------

Eliza B. & Leather Man Ltd.
        P.O. Box 57
        Essex , CT 06426
        1-800-243-6681

http://www.elizab.com
        http://www.leathermanltd.com
        http://www.austinjeffers.com

Comment

Has anyone yet asked for SMTP authentication for the Miva site email settings? My mail server is secured, and requires a login before it can be used to send messages (back to the merchant). Messages to customers (like receipts) go fine, but sends within the same domain require authentication to prevent spoofing. I would expect this applies to lots of mail servers out there.

Comment

Copy Product
            Copy Category
            Copy Page
            Bill Dunn
            SunCam, Inc.
            http://www.SunCam.com
            [email protected]

Comment

Has anyone yet asked for SMTP authentication for the Miva site email settings? My mail server is secured, and requires a login before it can be used to send messages (back to the merchant). Messages to customers (like receipts) go fine, but sends within the same domain require authentication to prevent spoofing. I would expect this applies to lots of mail servers out there.
              My SMTP server requires user/password authentication as well. But I have no problem receiving Merchant email at my domain addresses. Do you have your mail server set to "localhost" in Global Settings > Domain Settings > Site Configuration ?
              Last edited by skepticwebguy; 03-23-11, 12:21 PM.

Comment

It'd be nice if there was a way for a customer to autofill their shipping information from their billing information if it is the same, like many other shopping carts.

Comment

Also- in the manage orders, it would be very nice to be able to search by customer name, instead of just email address, order #, etc. Many of my customers call in or write in and they don't recall which email address they used to place their order.

Comment

Originally posted by tracymds View Post
                    It'd be nice if there was a way for a customer to autofill their shipping information from their billing information if it is the same, like many other shopping carts.
                    In PR7, customers can simply check a box if their billing info is the same as their shipping info. No need to auto-fill.

Comment

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post
                      In PR7, customers can simply check a box if their billing info is the same as their shipping info. No need to auto-fill.
                      Really? I don't see the checkbox. Where is it? I'm using Safari & Firefox & I just tried it on Chrome and don't see it either?

Comment

It's built into CSSUI, if you're using MMUI you have to do it manually with Javascript.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]
                        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by tracymds View Post
                          Really? I don't see the checkbox. Where is it? I'm using Safari & Firefox & I just tried it on Chrome and don't see it either?
                          In my PR7 CCSUI store, the box appears on the OCST page, under the "Customer Fields" tab. You'll see the following code:

Code:
                          Bill To:
                          		<span id="billing_controls" class="controls">
                          			<mvt:if expr="g.Action AND g.billing_to_show">
                          			<input name="billing_to_show" id="billing_to_show" type="checkbox" value="1" class="checkbox" checked />
                          			<mvt:else>
                          			<input name="billing_to_show" id="billing_to_show" type="checkbox" value="1" class="checkbox" />
                          			</mvt:if>
                          			<label for="billing_to_show">same as shipping</label>
                          		</span>

Comment

Drat. I am using MMUI, and I've been told that I cannot change at this point. Does anyone have the Javascript?

Comment

I have PR7 and that's not exactly the way it works for me; they don't need to check a box. It only asks them to fill in the second set of address field if different, otherwise it automatically uses the same for both (asks for Shipping address first, Billing address "if different").

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post

Comment

What section of the code does this javascript follow?

Comment

Working...
                                X