This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

I'm guessing you mean the number of characters allowed in the category code. To many would slow the store down as the lookups would become inefficient. Unless there is an optimized short index done using perhaps the first 10 or 20 characters or something like that. Using special indexes that way can really speed things up in busy large stores.
    Last edited by kayakbabe; 01-07-11, 02:22 PM.

Comment

For a wholesale price group....

Shipping by price group.
      Example: Price Group 'wholesale' can ship by UPS, all others cannot.

Minimum quantity by price grop.
      Example: Price Group 'wholesale' has a minimum order amount, all others do not.
      Gary

[email protected]
      www.icCommerce.com

Comment

Here's a simple one: include a payment method field in the file that's exported when you export orders to a flat file.
        Todd Gibson
        Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

Ability to create a default Sort criteria on the "Manage Orders" screen. Right now the order numbers are sorted in ascending order. This means every time you want to look at the current orders (something we do many times a day) you have to re-sort the list.
          John
          www.Berger-Bros.com
          Your electronics store on the web.
          Family owned since 1951

Comment

Make a useful error message display via the "messages" mvt:item tag if payment options are set to radio buttons or a "select one" is added to the dropdown, and customer fails to select one.

See: http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...d.php?t=101665

Right now it gives a fatal error screen and shows:

Error Code: EOF
            Description: Record not found: MER-DBP-SMD-00010
            Other Information:
            Susan Petracco
            NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I would like the ability to duplicate (or save to a new name/code) any Page, Product or Category. Something much easier than a bunch of copy/pasting. The dysfunctional Export/Import feature for Pages should work like this:

Create a new Page and give it a name and code and check the import box. Check the export box on the page you want to copy and click update. Voila! All items and codes are duplicated to the new page. Use the same approach for duplicating products and categories.
              Bill Dunn
              SunCam, Inc.
              http://www.SunCam.com
              [email protected]

Comment

The "Clone" feature might also be implemented by adding a new button and text box Save As [ enter code ]. Either way, this is needed for pages, categories, products and especially attribute templates at a minimum.
                Ray Yates
                "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

In the Manage Orders section of Admin, I'd like there to be a checkbox (checked by default) that specifies whether the various Confirmation HTML Emails (e.g. Back Order, Return, Shipment) should be sent.

It would be nice to have the ablility to disable the email(s) from being sent for specific orders.
                  Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                  Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Originally posted by SunCam View Post
                    I would like the ability to duplicate (or save to a new name/code) any Page, Product or Category. Something much easier than a bunch of copy/pasting. The dysfunctional Export/Import feature for Pages should work like this:

Create a new Page and give it a name and code and check the import box. Check the export box on the page you want to copy and click update. Voila! All items and codes are duplicated to the new page. Use the same approach for duplicating products and categories.
                    This would be an amazing feature
                    Dylan Buchfink
                    The Mattress & Sleep Company
                    http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

While i agree the export/import page template function could be improved, there is LOT going on in this process that is not obvious.

The export/import page feature is aimed more at building sites from previous sites. If you are creating lots of page templates beyond the standard, you probably have the wrong approach to a problem<g>.

No argument on the products though.
                      Bruce Golub
                      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
                      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Correct shipping state and country select issue when both Outside US and United States are selected.

For example if a customer creates an account and selects for State / Province: Outside US and they also select for the Country: United States

Miva does not check that the customer has stated they live outside the US and also stated their country is the United States. With miva should not allow them to save the account data with these to options selected.

The reason this is a issue is if you offer free shipping to the US48 and the customer selects outside US and also selects their county as the United States Miva with allow the customer to get the free shipping option.

It would be nice for some Miva server side error message to appear for this issue. And state "If your shipping Outside the US please correct the ship to Country."

Hope this is corrected because every store we set up we have a add custom Javascript to stop the customer from doing this however it would be better if this were a server side validation.
                        Thomas Pursifull
                        Domain Administrator
                        Ecentral Stores Inc.

Comment

1. Logging
                          2. Notification

It's terribly frustrating that your payment gateway (or shipping rate feed) can be down all day and the only indication is lost sales or complaint calls from customers. There should be a way to trap conditions like these that prevent a successful sale.

Comment

for any type of reordering (products, categories, attributes) why cant you develop a Java drag and drop like whats used in yahoo fantasy football to start and sit players? this way you could reorder everything in a snap instead of entering numbers manually.
                            [email protected]
                            http://www.rapidrepair.com

Comment

When pressing checkout.... a pop up, or page comes up asking them to verify the information entered is correct.... if so, then press continue to finalize your order.

too many put in the wrong info... Like I see on so many other sites, a verification level to make sure entered data is correct before final checkout is completed, would truly be nice.
                              Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                              Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

My Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Feature is...

Better Documentation.

I love that there is so much flexibility in Merchant 5.5. :)

I just wish I knew how to use it all... :(

If we expand the base of Miva Merchant users, hosting companies get more clients, module and store developer get more clients, Miva gets more clients, and us merchants will get more updates. In short, EVERYBODY wins. And I think that if Miva were to be more proactive in the documentation, instead of relying on Pamela to come out with a book explaining it, we would all reap the benefits.

Just my two centavos...
                                Mark Romero
                                ~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X