This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

My company needs to be able to pass more information about the product(s) purchased to the Paymentech payment gateway. I have spoken with Paymentech and they have a field that can accommodate additional information, it's just that the Paymentech gateway module does not pass that along.

Our company has many departments that all get payments into the same gateway account and we need to be able to more quickly discern between the orders without having to cross reference the order number which IS being passed along.

Another unrelated feature request is the ability to sort product alphabetically by ID and by product name in the management product list page. This WAS in Miva and then seemed to disappear.

Thanks for your consideration.

Comment

Can we have the ability to add a Character Set Declaration to the merchant admin. This will help where clients have to interpret information provided by customers.
      Bruce Golub
      Phosphor Media - "Your Success is our Business"

Improve Your Customer Service | Get MORE Customers | Edit CSS/Javascript/HTML Easily | Make Your Site Faster | Get Indexed by Google | Free Modules | Follow Us on Facebook
      phosphormedia.com

Comment

Bruce,

That's definitely in PR8
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Dont know if mentioned or not yet... but the ability to have a field in manage orders where we can leave a note, or comment that they can see in there confirmation email and when they login to status and see the same.

This came up as today we sent out an order that was listed as USPS, yet in a error it was meant to be Fedex.... Going back to update it was allowed, yet no new email was sent to alert the customer of this....

So the ability to leave notes to the customer and to have another adjusted status be resent would be great.
          Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
          Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

You can already re-send any email message that is installed with the order fulfillment settings. When Managing Orders, click on the link that is labeled Order Fulfillment Modules, then check which message you want to resend. You probably need a shipping management module installed to have a separate shipment notification message as one on this pick-list, but it is currently possible if you do.

Originally posted by Datagg View Post
            Dont know if mentioned or not yet... but the ability to have a field in manage orders where we can leave a note, or comment that they can see in there confirmation email and when they login to status and see the same.

This came up as today we sent out an order that was listed as USPS, yet in a error it was meant to be Fedex.... Going back to update it was allowed, yet no new email was sent to alert the customer of this....

So the ability to leave notes to the customer and to have another adjusted status be resent would be great.
            Last edited by garciap; 11-29-10, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garciap View Post
              You can already re-send any email message that is installed with the order fulfillment settings. When Managing Orders, click on the link that is labeled Order Fulfillment Modules, then check which message you want to resend. You probably need a shipping management module installed to have a separate shipment notification message as one on this pick-list, but it is currently possible if you do.
              Test order.. shipped... went into order fulfillment.. only option to resend email is "mail manager" that's it.. doing that sent another invoice to me... nothing to resend "back ordered" "RMA "shipped" etc..... Also if i could do this, this is where the notes field would be nice so I could explain why they are receiving another email on the changes.
              Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
              Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

During the checkout we are having the problem that Canadian customers are typing in their province into the province #2 field instead of selecting the correct province from the drop down list. Very frustrating as we then have to contact the customer because the taxes are not calculated correctly!

I wish there a way to set it so that if a customer selects Canada or USA as their country they MUST select a province from the drop down menu instead of allowing them to type it out.
                Thanks,
                Christine

Comment

Originally posted by crozon View Post
                  During the checkout we are having the problem that Canadian customers are typing in their province into the province #2 field instead of selecting the correct province from the drop down list. Very frustrating as we then have to contact the customer because the taxes are not calculated correctly!

I wish there a way to set it so that if a customer selects Canada or USA as their country they MUST select a province from the drop down menu instead of allowing them to type it out.
                  Christine,

I found a way to fix this problem... go through the checkout process at www.tmasc.ca and you'll see they can no longer fill in the province manually, as I've simply removed that field.

The only issue we're still having is that PayPal Express Checkout does not collect the correct tax as people are opting for Express Checkout before going through the standard Miva process and providing their info. OTOH, if they've filled out all of their info on our site and then select "PayPal" as a payment option under the same drop down as Visa/MC then it's fine, correct tax is collected.

edit - of course if you remove the text entry field make sure you're removing it from all relevant forms on your website. I had to remove it from a few different pages.
                  Last edited by koala; 12-06-10, 08:51 AM.
                  Dylan Buchfink
                  The Mattress & Sleep Company
                  http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for the reply. I had thought of this also but we also ship internationally so we need to keep the field for international orders.
                    Thanks,
                    Christine

Comment

Ah yes, good point.

I wonder if there would be a way for miva to write some sort of code to match these things.. so if the customer typed in "British Columbia" under the text entry field it would match this to "BC" from the drop-down and then simply fix the customers "oversight"
                      Dylan Buchfink
                      The Mattress & Sleep Company
                      http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

We could do it, but it would still need to be JavaScript (which you could do without us as well) and so it would only work if your customers had JS enabled.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

You can do a check for the proper selections and give them a message. Ray Yates helped me with his preaction function in the toolbelt module. Look for a post about "other state" dropdown and shipping issues. I'll see if I can find aink to it. I think it will help you. You won't have to use JavaScript and it will work even if JavaScript is disallowed by their browser or security settings.

Comment

Found it . You can adapt this to do what you need. http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...reaction+state
                            http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...reaction+state

Comment

Does Miva have any plans to shorten the checkout page count? Or at least have the drop down for the credit card type and the text input boxes for the name/number/exp all on the same screen?

When is the next release coming out and what will be included in it?
                              My current version is 5.5 pr 7 update 8

Comment

The checkout functionality can currently be shortened by you or someone who's knowledgable at the process of doing it (it's easy if you're a Miva website builder, and essentially impossible if you're a novice).

As for building it in, that's not on our short term plans. We may someday make it a configurable option, but right now it's customizable by you or available through an integrator.

I'll work on a PR8 Sneak Peek thread which is the next release. We no longer try and predict firm dates as they always change, however we're close enough for us to say it's now coming in probably 4 - 6 weeks or so.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X