This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

Christine, it's already possible. You could setup subcats or a custom category field in which you list the categories you want to appear. Then using toolbelt or toolkit with some storemorph code, you can display the cats and use CSS to make them look like the products do on your ctgy screen.

Comment

Ability to print a picklist prior to creating a shipment.

We do not have a POS, so we need to print the picklist before creating the shipment.
      DiVino Theme

Comment

How would you know what to include in the shipment? What if you want to break it into multiple boxes?
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]
        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Maybe I should be asking this a different way.

I need to print off an order so that I can fetch the merchandise which will allow me to find out what will be backordered. I need a paper copy of the original order to do this.

Thanks for the quick reply.
          DiVino Theme

Comment

Can you not do that using the Merchant Notification email?

Comment

It would be much easier for us to do this within manage orders. Email would be somewhat cumbersome for us to use for this purpose.
              DiVino Theme

Comment

Okay, I guess. I wouldn't know I had orders unless I read the merchant notification. Is it because you are also entering orders manually and they're not coming in online? That's a POS feature, not really what Miva was designed for, but it seems to be moving in the direction of having POS functions. Different scenario when there are no phone or in-person sales happening. It's all email then.

Originally posted by gomblue View Post
                It would be much easier for us to do this within manage orders. Email would be somewhat cumbersome for us to use for this purpose.

Comment

In MM4, we used order-batches created each night. Now, we simply go to the "manage orders" page and process the orders constantly, without batching. We don't need to look at emails to find out if we have an order.

I simply am looking for a way to print off the order within "manage orders". It seems a little strange to me that in "manage orders" you don't have a simple way to print off an order.

We've come up with a work-around. This feature request is simply a "dream feature".

I love Wombat, though. Rick and his team are doing a terrific job.
                  DiVino Theme

Comment

Sebenza's Ultimate Order Status includes the option for a packing slip, pick list or shipping label. This has definitely been a highly requested feature for a number of clients/store owners over the years.

With the item status displayed on the pick list, the fulfillment/warehouse person can quickly grab the in stock items in preparation for shipment.

I agree that a simple print order feature, with item status, would fill this requirement.

Comment

Christine, it's already possible. You could setup subcats or a custom category field in which you list the categories you want to appear. Then using toolbelt or toolkit with some storemorph code, you can display the cats and use CSS to make them look like the products do on your ctgy screen.
                      Does it list the sub category in among other products? I have sub-categories created and have them listed under the main category but what I need is the ability to list a category inside of another category that has 20 products but make it look like a product. If the customer selected this category, it takes them to the category page instead of taking them to a product page.

I have some similar products that I would like grouped toghether to keep the website compact and easier to browse but would like the category to appear in amongst other products.
                      Thanks,
                      Christine

Comment

Ability to clone a product, a must have for clothing store developers. I wish it to be included in PR8.

Comment

Cloning sadly will not be in PR8 (as it's shipping soon) but will be out in the first feature update after PR8. Which should be early next year.

We're aware of how important of a feature this is, it's fairly complex, especially because modules will need to be updated to use it properly, and some other things along those lines.

So hold tight, it's coming for Pages, Products, Categories and Attributes.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by nextscrubs View Post
                            Ability to clone a product, a must have for clothing store developers. I wish it to be included in PR8.
                            This is fairly simple with StoreMan.
                            Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Hi Rick,

Is there somewhere we can see which features are included in PR8?

I was looking for printable invoices from the New order page and integration with Purolator or Canada Post.
                              Thanks,
                              Christine

Comment

Printable Invoices are in for sure, no on Canada Post and I don't know who Purlator is?

I'm out of town right now at PayPal Innovate X 2010, but I'll see if I can put a formal list together early next week.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X