This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

Yes I agree that there is room for improvement with the delete button and remove checkboxes. One more than a handfull of occasions I have deleted products when I thought I was deleting attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce - PhosphorMedia View Post
      Allow module developers to add "Check For Update" links to Module's Information tab so customers don't have to go from Module to module. Alternately, this could be done in another place...just the idea of a one place to check all. The link would just be a function call that they developer can insert to link to their existing version check system, so it would be great to have the function grab the module variables as its parameter.
      I think Bruce is say pretty much what I'm thinking here, but I don't care what pain and suffering it takes to build it behind the scenes LOL.

I'd like to be able view the Modules list screen and simply have a column that shows installed version and a version available column color coded in red if one isn't equal to the other.
      Thanks,
      -Barrett
      Favorite Host Hostasaurus.com
      Order Processing by Shipworks.com
      Kindly Suggesting to:
      *Dump Explorer and http://GetFireFox.com
      *Post a meaningful subject line.
      *Click the # button before pasting code

Comment

1. Global Category Header/Footer
        2. Global Product Header/Footer
        3. Check-boxes on each Category & Product edit page to allow/suppress the various global headers and footers
        Bill Dunn
        SunCam, Inc.
        http://www.SunCam.com
        [email protected]

Comment

Bill Dunn,

You can do this now with our new Content piece in CSSUI on PR7.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

new Content piece in CSSUI
            Where Find!
            Bill Dunn
            SunCam, Inc.
            http://www.SunCam.com
            [email protected]

Comment

Bill,

Sorry I spoke a little too soon, you don't actually need the new content component for this since the Category and Product pages have "Global" headers and footers that would show across all prods and cats.

Item #3 would require a little if/then statement. You could use a custom product or cat field, set it for "nodisplay" or something and then test for that to hide it.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]
              https://www.miva.com

Comment

1 and 2 are also doable now with an if statement in the global header/footer.
                If screen eq PROD
                Show this
                Elseif screen eq CTGY
                Show this
                Else
                Show default
                End if

Comment

This may already be in this post so forgive me if it is. I haven't read through it all in awhile.

I see more and more the need for msrp, retail price. Yes I am well aware that this is already possible with several different options. I am currently using the cost version to display regular price.

It seems to be a very common task that is performed so please build it in.
                  Add the field for msrp into the first page of the product screen with changeable text label.

Have the Product price be the price (msrp). Then if a lower price is in the new sale price field use it in the basket instead.
                  Mark Hood
                  Vermont Gear

Comment

Select which products are eligible for Affiliate commissions.

Comment

User "Sign In" (Login) ID Enhancements.

I believe adopting an email address as the standard User "Sign In" (Login) ID would be ideal for a multitude of reasons.

I also believe, this enhancement should not be considered unless a method for the user to change/update their ID without merchant assistance exists.

Finally, I believe the term "Login" should be changed to "Sign In" in the customer checkout screens.
                      Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

Re: User "Sign In" (Login) ID Enhancements.

Originally posted by William Davis View Post

Finally, I believe the term "Login" should be changed to "Sign In" in the customer checkout screens.
                        You can make this change manually- I have as have many others!
                        Dylan Buchfink
                        The Mattress & Sleep Company
                        http://www.tmasc.ca/

Comment

Re: User "Sign In" (Login) ID Enhancements.

Originally posted by koala View Post
                          You can make this change manually- I have as have many others!
                          Thank you, we made that change when our MM5 store was first launched about two years ago. That suggestion was actually meant to be incorporated in MIVA's default system to benefit all their merchants partners. It's one less little detail merchants have to lookout for.
                          Last edited by William Davis; 09-09-10, 09:23 AM.
                          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

You know I think I'm gonna use google optimizer to test 'login' vs 'sign in'. 10 years ago it might have made a difference, but nowdays I'm not so sure. Be interesting to know.
                            Last edited by kayakbabe; 09-09-10, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                              You know I think I'm gonna use google optimizer to test 'login' vs 'sign in'. 10 years ago it might have made a difference, but nowdays I'm not so sure. Be interesting to know.
                              Unless a site has a lot of traffic it may not yield sufficient data to properly, and fairly establish which is best.

However, based on everything I have read, and what most top 500 e-retailers use Sign In appears to be what most visitors quickly recognize.
                              Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I think I've got enough traffic for a valid test.

Comment

Working...
                                X