This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 Dream Features

I really wish that after adding an option to an attribute I didn't have to click off of it and then come back with the ability to change the order
    Mark Hood
    Vermont Gear

Comment

Flybye76, I don't understand what you are trying to describe. Can you describe it again, maybe with a little more detail?

Comment

If you go to a product with attributes and add an additional option you then have to click off of the attributes tab and then back on in order to arrange them.

Basically the "show order" option gets removed
        Last edited by Mark Hood; 11-11-09, 01:41 PM.
        Mark Hood
        Vermont Gear

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBye76 View Post
          If you go to a product with attributes and add an additional option you then have to click off of the attributes tab and then back on in order to arrange them.
          I concur, it is very annoying -this is also a problem on MM4.24.
          Thank you, Bill Davis

Comment

I don't know if this has been requested yet, but...

How about a page break feature when you print the standard batch report? Back for version 4, I think modstop had a free module that would insert a page break between orders.

Right now, I have to copy and paste into a word document, then go and insert the page breaks by hand.

Thanks in advance.
            Mark Romero
            ~~~~~~~~

Comment

If you are looking to use it for packing slips, there is a better way to do packing slips in the next update.
              Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
              Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
              Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
              Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
              Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Originally posted by Siamese-Dream.Com View Post
                How about a page break feature when you print the standard batch report? Back for version 4, I think modstop had a free module that would insert a page break between orders.
                I think Bill has a module for this too. IIRC.
                Susan Petracco
                NetBlazon

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Hi there, Susan;

I think Bill has a module for this too. IIRC.
                  Yes, Bill has a module for EVERYTHING!!! :) :) :)

In all seriousness though; What exactly would someone do with the standard batch report WITHOUT page breaks?!?!?! Print out a continuous list of orders on one of those brown paper towel rolls you find in public bathrooms???
                  Last edited by Siamese-Dream.Com; 11-13-09, 03:34 PM.
                  Mark Romero
                  ~~~~~~~~

Comment

In all seriousness though; What exactly would someone do with the standard batch report WITHOUT page breaks?!?!?! Print out a continuous list of orders on one of those brown paper towel rolls you find in public bathrooms???
                    With Wombat the Standard Batch Report will really only be a legacy thing, as Bill said we have a much better way to print invoices, etc... going forward.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]
                    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Making the deletion of unwanted mods not a nightmare.

And will the next version be a simple update via admin, or something else entirely. We jsut got our 5.5 up, so i just trying to figure out whats next on the horizon.
                      Last edited by Datagg; 11-14-09, 12:40 PM.
                      Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                      Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

And will the next version be a simple update via admin, or something else entirely. We jsut got our 5.5 up, so i just trying to figure out whats next on the horizon.
                        Simple update via the admin, it's our goal that all updates will be this way in the future.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]
                        https://www.miva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
                          Simple update via the admin, it's our goal that all updates will be this way in the future.
                          Sweet, thanks Rick.. That's great news!!
                          Last edited by Datagg; 11-14-09, 12:56 PM.
                          Dan

Girlfriends Lingerie - "Keeping It Sexy!"
                          Sexy Lingerie - Twitter - Facebook- Pinterest - YouTube

Comment

Please consider using AND between search terms instead of OR.

<MvRant>
                            Merchants search feature is utterly uselelss for anything but single word searches.

This has my biggest pet peeve since I first used Merchant in 2002 and continues today.

For Example:
                            Search for single word like shirt and might you 20 hits; Search for white shirt and you get 120 hits because it also brings up every product containing the letters "white" OR "shirt" on the site.

On EVERY store we build, we have to buy the Power Search module. While Bills module is great, and I've made it do some remarkable things, some clients just don't need all the features. Some just need a very simple search that actually works.

Since virtually no one use Merchants Search anyway, making this change will have no downside and all upside for the sites that don't need any extra features.

</MvRant>
                            Last edited by RayYates; 11-18-09, 06:26 AM.
                            Ray Yates
                            "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                            --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Merchant Attribute Settings:

Text attributes: provide a place to enter a value for the html maxlength="" attribute.

Select attributes, provide a place to enter the html size="" attribute.

Textarea: attibutes: provide a place to enter the html rows="" and cols="" attribute.

In each case, the attribute would be left off the html if omitted in the attribute setup.

Hidden attributes: Add "Hidden" attributes to the type list.
                              Merchant would simply out put the empty field in the attribute template.
                              The value of this field would have to be populated through scripting. (javascript or other), but it would make custom applications easier to write.
                              Last edited by RayYates; 11-23-09, 09:40 AM.
                              Ray Yates
                              "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
                              --- Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Originally posted by RayYates View Post
                                Merchant Attribute Settings:

Text attributes: provide a place to enter a value for the html maxlength="" attribute.

Select attributes, provide a place to enter the html size="" attribute.

Textarea: attibutes: provide a place to enter the html rows="" and cols="" attribute.

In each case, the attribute would be left off the html if omitted in the attribute setup.

Hidden attributes: Add "Hidden" attributes to the type list.
                                Merchant would simply out put the empty field in the attribute template.
                                The value of this field would have to be populated through scripting. (javascript or other), but it would make custom applications easier to write.

maxlength is definitly an html tag element. So having that would be nice. That way we can limit how many characters a customer can type in. Be good for store's that sell personalized gifts or do gift cards with orders.

Hidden attributes is a brilliant idea! They need to have default values too.

That way... wow the possiblities.. I can do an all pink stuff store and sell only pink. and a blue stuff store and sell only blue colored items. And I don't have to change my back end order processing... all my stores can just work. and customers will have it easier, they don't have to pick if there's only once single optoin in that web store.

I think the sizing can all behandled via css. (Though to keep it easy for non developers having it specifiable would be nice. An example of css for a text area size is:

textarea#styled {
                                width: 600px;
                                height: 120px;
                                border: 3px solid #cccccc;
                                padding: 5px;
                                font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif;
                                }

Comment

Working...
                                X