Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a published list of all the template pages?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Is there a published list of all the template pages?

    Is there a published list of all the template pages?

    I searched in Miva Docs, but was not successful. I need to update the Mini-Basket ApplePay option in every page, otherwise shoppers have an inconsistent Mini-Basket experience depending on which page they are in.
    Thank you, Bill Davis

    #2
    The mini-basket template is located under global settings. Updating it there should update it everywhere. A lot of people forget, but using Miva's global search comes in really handy. If you simply type in "mini-basket" and click the result under places -- Miva will direct you straight to the template code. Also, Miva's "Template Search & Replace" (which is now included w/ every store) is also a great tool to use when trying to locate snippets of code, tags, strings, etc.

    Out of curiosity what's happening exactly? Does the Apple Pay button display on some pages and not others? Or does the mini-basket itself display on some pages and not others?
    Last edited by RTHOMASDESIGN; 07-22-21, 10:14 AM.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by RTHOMASDESIGN View Post
      The mini-basket template is located under global settings. Updating it there should update date it everywhere. A lot of people forget, but using Miva's global search comes in really handy. If you simply type in "mini-basket" and click the result under places -- Miva will direct you straight to the template code. Also, Miva's "Template Search & Replace" (which is now included w/ every store) is also a great tool to use when trying to locate snippets of code, tags, strings, etc.

      Out of curiosity what's happening exactly? Does the Apple Pay button display on some pages and not others? Or does the mini-basket itself display on some pages and not others?
      Thanks, that is how I actually found it, and your right the Template Search & Replace is a great tool.

      As to what is going on? What happens is if the template page in question (e.g.: SFNT, CTGY, PROD, etc.) does not contain the ApplePay Head Tag item within the template "<head>...</head>" section, the ApplePay button option is not displayed in the Mini-Basket. Therefore, unless I missed something it must be must be manually added to every page template -that is why I was asking for a list of every page template in order to determine which page needs to be edited.

      I'm sure I am not the first person to miss this, it would be ideal if this could have been easier implemented at a global level. Thus ensuring a consistent Mini-Basket user experience.

      Thank you, Bill Davis

      Comment


        #4
        Hmm... I believe that the head tag item "<mvt:item name="applepay" param="head" />" is meant to be inserted in the "Head Tag Content" template located under global settings. The head tag content item "<mvt:item name="head" param="head_tag" />" should already be inserted on every page. That way you don't have to manually add the code to every single page.

        You may also want to go to templates > items. Locate the Apple Pay item, click on the text under the module column. Navigate to pages, and check to see if it's assigned to the appropriate pages.

        As far as a list of pages go, you can find the default pages here:
        https://docs.miva.com/reference-guid...tp-https-pages

        Keep in mind that many modules create pages. You can easily view every page within your store by navigating to user interface > templates > pages (I'm sure you already know this).

        Hope this helps!
        -Ryan

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by RTHOMASDESIGN View Post
          Hmm... I believe that the head tag item "<mvt:item name="applepay" param="head" />" is meant to be inserted in the "Head Tag Content" template located under global settings. The head tag content item "<mvt:item name="head" param="head_tag" />" should already be inserted on every page. That way you don't have to manually add the code to every single page.

          You may also want to go to templates > items. Locate the Apple Pay item, click on the text under the module column. Navigate to pages, and check to see if it's assigned to the appropriate pages.

          As far as a list of pages go, you can find the default pages here:
          https://docs.miva.com/reference-guid...tp-https-pages

          Keep in mind that many modules create pages. You can easily view every page within your store by navigating to user interface > templates > pages (I'm sure you already know this).

          Hope this helps!
          -Ryan
          Thanks Ryan, I tried it placing the ApplePay head parameter where you suggested and removing it from PROD template page, and the ApplePay button does appear on the product page but not in the Mini-Basket. In order of the ApplePay button to appear in the Mini-Basket while on the PROD template page, the must be placed in the PROD template between "<head>...</head>" tags. Your suggestion makes sense, but unless I missed something it may be a bug.

          I don't believe Miva Docs is clear on the matter: https://docs.miva.com/how-to-guides/applepay

          Thank you, Bill Davis

          Comment


            #6
            Okay that's a odd. The only thing the item does is inject some JavaScript. Any chance you can PM me a link? Otherwise, you're better off contacting support to see if they can identify the issue/help you out. I remember reading elsewhere that you can't have duplicate items (which it sounds like you don't). Sorry, I installed PayPal commerce for two clients a couple years ago without issue, but they've both moved on to PayPal Commerce.

            Comment


              #7
              This item can be in your global header.
              <mvt:item name="applepay" param="head" />
              This one is used on the prod page
              <mvt:item name="applepay" param="product" />

              This one is what you need to add to your mini basket template and also your basket template template if you want it to display anywhere other than the PROD page.
              <mvt:item name="applepay" />
              Mark Hood
              Vermont Gear

              Comment


                #8
                RTHOMASDESIGN , Mark Hood , Thank you both, I have made significant progress!

                By removing <mvt:item name="applepay" param="head" /> from each template page HTML head tag section and placing it the Global Header as suggested, I have been able to display the ApplePay button option in the Mini-Basket for most pages.

                Unfortunately, there still some pages where the ApplePay button option is not being displayed in the Mini-Basket.

                I am in the process of trying to identify the actual template page name, but I can't get my Template GPS module to work yet.
                Thank you, Bill Davis

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'm 99% sure the Apple Pay button will only situationally display, so there might be pages when it won't display no matter what, I'd check with TAC. As I recall, the way it displays (even if the token is present) depends on data sent to Apple based on the page and system and Apple ultimately decides to show it or not.
                  Thanks,

                  Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]
                  https://www.miva.com

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Glad to hear you've got it working for the most part! You can use dev tools to inspect the page. The page code is located in the body id attribute:

                    On this "About Us" page... the id is js-ABUS -- which means that the page code is ABUS:

                    Once you find the page code, go into Miva and see if the Apple Pay item is assigned to the page. If it is... then it's as Rick stated above. If Apple Pay only works on specific pages, then it's probably a good idea to only assign the item to the pages that can display Apple Pay.
                    -Ryan
                    Last edited by RTHOMASDESIGN; Yesterday, 08:46 AM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      RTHOMASDESIGN, Thanks, "Body ID" is a great tip!

                      Rick Wilson, Thanks, good to know.


                      Here is the list of pages wherein ApplePay button option fails to display in Mini-Bask:
                      • WLST
                      • CTUS
                      • FAQS
                      • LOGN
                      Thank you, Bill Davis

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by William Davis View Post
                        RTHOMASDESIGN, Thanks, "Body ID" is a great tip!

                        Rick Wilson, Thanks, good to know.


                        Here is the list of pages wherein ApplePay button option fails to display in Mini-Bask:
                        • WLST
                        • CTUS
                        • FAQS
                        • LOGN
                        You'll need to go to those pages and on the items tab assign the applepay item to them. Or go to the item itself and you can assign any extra pages from there, probably the shipping policy too etc.
                        Mark Hood
                        Vermont Gear

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Mark Hood View Post

                          You'll need to go to those pages and on the items tab assign the applepay item to them. Or go to the item itself and you can assign any extra pages from there, probably the shipping policy too etc.
                          Thanks Mark, that was the last piece of the puzzle.
                          Thank you, Bill Davis

                          Comment


                            #14
                            RTHOMASDESIGN, are all the pages listed in the the list you provided frontend pages?
                            Thank you, Bill Davis

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by William Davis View Post
                              RTHOMASDESIGN, are all the pages listed in the the list you provided frontend pages?
                              Yes

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X