Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ILoveHostasaurus
    Mega Mivite










    • Mar 2006
    • 5000

    #256
    Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

    Customer reported to me that out of stock items still show up during upsale and can still be purchased, resulting in inventory going negative. I was able to reproduce it on his store; it's PR7 and up to date.
    David Hubbard
    CIO
    Miva
    [email protected]
    http://www.miva.com

    Comment

    • Rick Wilson
      Uber Mivite











      • Aug 2007
      • 10124

      #257
      Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

      Sounds like a setting, do they have hide out stock turned on? On my demo store I can't recreate that without turning that off.
      Thanks,

      Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

      Comment

      • ILoveHostasaurus
        Mega Mivite










        • Mar 2006
        • 5000

        #258
        Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

        They do not have that on, and do not want it on since they still want the items to show up in the store, just without add to basket like normal when things go out of stock.
        David Hubbard
        CIO
        Miva
        [email protected]
        http://www.miva.com

        Comment

        • Rick Wilson
          Uber Mivite











          • Aug 2007
          • 10124

          #259
          Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

          Yeah we just confirmed it, I missed the upsell part when I replied.
          Thanks,

          Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

          Comment

          • David Roquemore

            • Oct 2007
            • 28

            #260
            Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

            Originally posted by ILoveHostasaurus View Post
            Customer reported to me that out of stock items still show up during upsale and can still be purchased, resulting in inventory going negative. I was able to reproduce it on his store; it's PR7 and up to date.
            As Rick indicated, we were able to reproduce this problem. I documented this bug, and the fix will be prioritized into a future bug release.

            Thanks, David.
            David Roquemore
            CIO and VP of Quality Assurance
            Miva Merchant
            [email protected]
            http://www.mivamerchant.com

            Comment

            • papi34
              Mighty Mivite

              • Mar 2008
              • 703

              #261
              Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

              I just encountered the application timeout bug when trying to export/email products in Admin. Hostasarus informed us that it is a bug in the display; if you download the file it will have all the records.

              That got me searching these forums for other bugs and I wound up here, but this is a long thread. Is there an executive summary posted somewhere that lists the top ten bugs that need to be fixed in Wombat? i.e. bugs that are a widespread problem and affect nearly every store.
              Bronson Design Studio, LLC
              Website: bronsondesign.com
              Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

              Comment

              • Rick Wilson
                Uber Mivite











                • Aug 2007
                • 10124

                #262
                Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

                There really aren't any major ones impacting every store that we haven't already fixed.
                Thanks,

                Rick Wilson
                CEO
                Miva, Inc.
                [email protected]
                https://www.miva.com

                Comment

                • p4k
                  Mini Mivite

                  • Nov 2007
                  • 83

                  #263
                  Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

                  Originally posted by mhugen View Post
                  We usually create a batch, then export it as a flat file, attached to an email to ourselves. It's worked flawlessly on older sites but we created a new store using Wombat and now it is not working. My IT staff here thinks the MIME headers are broken and the email server is dropping the corrupt components, hence no attachment as the file is being generated on the server.

                  also included in forum thread
                  http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...t=export+email
                  We are having the same issue. Except our problem is also with exporting products and exporting categories. We receive the email, but the attachment file is missing.

                  Comment

                  • Rick Wilson
                    Uber Mivite











                    • Aug 2007
                    • 10124

                    #264
                    Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

                    There's a known issue with emailing items right now. The short term workaround is to login via FTP and grab the file from the data export directory.

                    It'll be fixed in Patch-7 being released sometime this week.
                    Thanks,

                    Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]
                    https://www.miva.com

                    Comment

                    • jsongrady
                      Mini Mivite

                      • Apr 2006
                      • 17

                      #265
                      Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

                      Wombat doesn't appear to be sending order notification emails to Amazon customers. Is this how it is supposed to work?

                      John
                      www.netropolus.com

                      Comment

                      • Jim McCormick
                        Super Moderator


                        • Mar 2006
                        • 1428

                        #266
                        Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

                        Originally posted by jsongrady View Post
                        Wombat doesn't appear to be sending order notification emails to Amazon customers. Is this how it is supposed to work?

                        John
                        www.netropolus.com
                        It's supposed to send the email after you mark it shipped in Amazon. Is it not doing that?
                        Jim McCormick
                        Miva Merchant Support
                        866-284-9812

                        https://www.miva.com

                        Comment

                        • Jim McCormick
                          Super Moderator


                          • Mar 2006
                          • 1428

                          #267
                          Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

                          Originally posted by Jim McCormick View Post
                          It's supposed to send the email after you mark it shipped in Amazon. Is it not doing that?
                          Sorry, I meant "Ready to Ship", not "Shipped"
                          Jim McCormick
                          Miva Merchant Support
                          866-284-9812

                          https://www.miva.com

                          Comment

                          • mhugen
                            Mini Mivite

                            • Jan 2009
                            • 33

                            #268
                            Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

                            I was planning on using the legacy order processing in order to capture the funds on multiple orders at one time but when I go into the batch there are no unprocessed orders. The batch has processable order after creating the batch but after I create the shipments for the batch (changing order status from pending to processing) all orders in the batch are then already processed according to the legacy order processing but no funds have been captured.

                            Comment

                            • Gnathon
                              Mivite

                              • Jan 2007
                              • 106

                              #269
                              Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

                              Hi guys,
                              I haven't updated yet, but when I click on the "updates available" button it makes no mention of a compatibility check. I understand there is supposed to be one, but I'm a little uncomfortable taking the leap if I'm clicking a button that says it will install PR7. We have a lot of custom PHP and Javascript on our site and I have no idea how it will be impacted (if at all), not to mention all 23 modules we have installed.

                              If I click "install" will I have a chance to check compatibility before it's too late?

                              Sorry if I seem paranoid, but I've seen a multitude of problems with people upgrading to PR7 and the team that built the guts of our site aren't available any more. If this thing crashes we could be offline for days or more with no way of rolling back the update. This is of course not something I take lightly.

                              Any advice on precautions and what I can expect?
                              Thanks,

                              Nathan

                              Comment

                              • Jim McCormick
                                Super Moderator


                                • Mar 2006
                                • 1428

                                #270
                                Re: Miva Merchant 5.5 PR7 (Wombat) Bugs/Issues

                                Originally posted by Gnathon View Post
                                Hi guys,
                                I haven't updated yet, but when I click on the "updates available" button it makes no mention of a compatibility check. I understand there is supposed to be one, but I'm a little uncomfortable taking the leap if I'm clicking a button that says it will install PR7. We have a lot of custom PHP and Javascript on our site and I have no idea how it will be impacted (if at all), not to mention all 23 modules we have installed.

                                If I click "install" will I have a chance to check compatibility before it's too late?

                                Sorry if I seem paranoid, but I've seen a multitude of problems with people upgrading to PR7 and the team that built the guts of our site aren't available any more. If this thing crashes we could be offline for days or more with no way of rolling back the update. This is of course not something I take lightly.

                                Any advice on precautions and what I can expect?
                                The compatibility check only checks for third party modules that took part in our beta and/or developers that have since advised us if the modules need updating. It does not check your custom coding. Your best bet would be to have your host set you up in a development environment like a sub-domain (dev.domain.com) so you can apply the update without affecting the live store.
                                Jim McCormick
                                Miva Merchant Support
                                866-284-9812

                                https://www.miva.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X