X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candyvfowler
    replied
    Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

Not sure whether this is a bug and/or a result of PR8 but here goes... At the Category and Related Product levels, I had an "Add 1 to Basket (<mvt:item name="buttons" param="Add1ToBasket" />)" for products listed and it was functioning just fine. But once I started adding Attribute Varients and Image Swatching, when the customer clicks on that button now, they get this message:

Unable to locate form element(s) for attribute Colors

This particular product has both sizes and colors to choose from. If you go directly to the product, customers are able to order with no problem and the thumbnail/color swatching works great. The button works fine with products that do not have this new feature. I've removed this button temporarily because it was causing great confusion with our customers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Candy

Leave a comment:

• wsmith
    replied

Elliot,

Thank you for providing the ticket number. I apologize for no response and I'll have someone look into this issue shortly. Please also feel free to contact our support team at 866-284-9812 if you don't hear back from us in a timely manor.

Thank you,

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• elazarus
    replied

Hi Wayne...thank you for responding.

Here is the support e-mail response that the form was received:

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2011 3:00 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [#QRM-963-64350]: PayPal not working on 2 different Domains....

[email protected],

Thank you for contacting us. This is an automated response confirming the receipt of your ticket. One of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible. For your records, the details of the ticket are listed below. When replying, please make sure that the ticket ID is kept in the subject line to ensure that your replies are tracked appropriately.

Ticket ID: QRM-963-64350
    Subject: PayPal not working on 2 different Domains....
    Department: Hosting Related
    Type: Issue
    Priority: High

You can check the status of or reply to this ticket online at: https://support.mivamerchant.com/sup.../QRM-963-64350

Kind regards,

Miva Merchant

Support Center: https://support.mivamerchant.com/supportsuite/index.php

Leave a comment:

• wsmith
    replied

Elliot,

This is not a known issue but do you have a ticket number I can review?

Thank you,

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• elazarus
    replied

Well, I guess it is just my 2 websites that cannot handle PayPal after the update release last Thursday.

I find it interesting that Miva Support never got back to me nor any one has any sort of challenge after the update and this problem arose.

Elliot

Leave a comment:

• elazarus
    replied
    PayPal not working since yesterday's update.....

When I signed into 2 separate stores yesterday I OK'd the update. Since that time on the One Page Checkout if a person chooses PayPal the Credit card number box and CVV box do not disappear.

If a client clicks on "Checkout Now" they get a box telling them to Complete Payment Information.

I have tested this myself and when I called PayPal they tested it as well...the timing corresponds to the update and since then I cannot take orders through Miva.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thank you

Elliot

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

Awesome. Thank you. I would be cool to be able to add a lightbox effect that would allow scrolling through the closeup images without have to open and close them individually.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Click on Utilities, enable it, then expand Utilities and you'll see a new item called Image Management.

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
    Update 3 has a tool to fix that as well.
    I just installed update 3. Where's the tool located?

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Update 3 has a tool to fix that as well.

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post
    I have the IDs in place. My problem is that the thumbnails are not being created. For layout purposes, I've wrapped parts of the CSSUI Product Display Layout template code with my own custom divs with my own customs IDs.

Could my custom div wrappers cause the thumbnails not to generate even though within my div wrappers I've left the required CCSUI IDs intact?
    I figured out why my thumbnails weren't being generated. It appears that it is not possible to upload a file by the same name as one that's previously been uploaded if it's been manually removed from the server via FTP.

SOLUTION: Simply rename the product images and uploading them again using the additional images tab.

Is it not possible to upload an image that's previously been uploaded by the same name unless the image already exists on the server? What if I want to replace an image?

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

Originally posted by pbrynie View Post
    You'll find in the Production Release 8 CSSUI Template Changes
    post, you must give specific ID attributes to HTML elements in order for the main image, thumbnails, and closeup images to display.
    I have the IDs in place. My problem is that the thumbnails are not being created. For layout purposes, I've wrapped parts of the CSSUI Product Display Layout template code with my own custom divs with my own customs IDs.

Could my custom div wrappers cause the thumbnails not to generate even though within my div wrappers I've left the required CCSUI IDs intact?

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post
    I suppose the solution would be to increase the height value in the constraints to something that would allow a 50px wide proportion.
    I can confirm that this worked.
    Last edited by skepticwebguy; 08-26-11, 12:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

Originally posted by pbrynie View Post
    The software actually generates a new re-sized image on the server based on the constraint settings, so you're only loading what you've specified ... Also, the constraint values are maximum widths and heights of the thumbnails, so if you have tall skinny images that are larger than 50px, they will be proportionately scaled, producing images that are narrower than 50px ... Aside from that, if the values on the Product Display Layout Image Dimensions tab don't specify the 38 pixel width you're seeing, try searching your CSS file and page template for that value being hardcoded somewhere.
    There's no inline css causing the 38 pixel width thumbnails. It must be that the thumbnails are being generated at less than 50 pixels wide because of the proportions of my original image (roughly 300x350px).

In the "Product Display Layout Image Dimensions" tab, is there a way to constrain only the thumbnail width and leave the height flexible? I suppose the solution would be to increase the height value in the constraints to something that would allow a 50px wide proportion.
    Last edited by skepticwebguy; 08-26-11, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pbrynie
    replied

Isn't it bad web form to constrain a larger image where a smaller image is initially intended to display? What I am looking for is a way to keep page load times down for the initial product image and then have the option to view larger, closeup images which would ideally load in the background.
    The software actually generates a new re-sized image on the server based on the constraint settings, so you're only loading what you've specified. Further, there is a "Preload Images" option on the Product Display Image Machine tab which, if checked, will load the larger sizes in the background after the page has loaded.

In addition to not creating the thumbnail images, the code it's generating on the page for the size of the thumbnails says they are 38px x 50px even though I have specified on the "Product Display Layout Images Dimensions" tab that thumbnails should be 50x50px and I've updated my CSS to match.

So, where is the 38x50px coming from?
    You'll find in the Production Release 8 CSSUI Template Changes
    post, you must give specific ID attributes to HTML elements in order for the main image, thumbnails, and closeup images to display. The IDs are editable on the Product Display Layout Image Machine tab. Also, the constraint values are maximum widths and heights of the thumbnails, so if you have tall skinny images that are larger than 50px, they will be proportionately scaled, producing images that are narrower than 50px. Aside from that, if the values on the Product Display Layout Image Dimensions tab don't specify the 38 pixel width you're seeing, try searching your CSS file and page template for that value being hardcoded somewhere.

Regards,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X