• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skepticwebguy
    replied
    Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

Originally posted by skepticwebguy View Post
    For some reason, my thumbnails are not being automatically created when I upload additional images even though I have "Enable additional thumbnails" checked on the "Product Display Layout Images Dimensions" tab on the PROD page.
    In addition to not creating the thumbnail images, the code it's generating on the page for the size of the thumbnails says they are 38px x 50px even though I have specified on the "Product Display Layout Images Dimensions" tab that thumbnails should be 50x50px and I've updated my CSS to match.

So, where is the 38x50px coming from?

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

For some reason, my thumbnails are not being automatically created when I upload additional images even though I have "Enable additional thumbnails" checked on the "product Display Layout Images Dimensions" tab on the PROD page.

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

Originally posted by pbrynie View Post
    You do not need to upload multiple sizes of each image. You would upload only the largest version of an image, and then use the Product Display Layout Image Dimensions settings on PROD to constrain it.
    Isn't it bad web form to constrain a larger image where a smaller image is initially intended to display? What I am looking for is a way to keep page load times down for the initial product image and then have the option to view larger, closeup images which would ideally load in the background.

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

It sounds like you have an old mvt:if statement that is testing for a value in the full-sized field before it will show the main image.
    Yes. That was the problem. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• pbrynie
    replied

You do not need to upload multiple sizes of each image. You would upload only the largest version of an image, and then use the Product Display Layout Image Dimensions settings on PROD to constrain it.

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

please delete this comment
    Last edited by skepticwebguy; 08-26-11, 10:47 AM. Reason: I want to delete this post because it was placed in the wrong spot

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

How do I upload a closeup image that opens when a visitor clicks the main product image? If I upload additional images much larger than the main product image and click one of the thumbnails that got generated for the larger additional image, then the smaller main product image gets swapped out with the closeup additional image and wrecks my page layout.

Leave a comment:

• pbrynie
    replied

It sounds like you have an old mvt:if statement that is testing for a value in the full-sized field before it will show the main image. Try looking for the following if statement in your template and remove it:

Code:
    <mvt:if expr="NOT ISNULL l.settings:product:image">
    </mvt:if>
    Here is a link to the default template changes made in PR8.

http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...d.php?t=104879

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

The legacy full-sized image will only be displayed if there are no images listed on the Additional Images tab. Also, thumbnails will only be generated when there are more than one Additional Image for a product.
    That's strange. When I delete the image from the full-size image field and upload one or more images as additional images using the upload feature on the additional images tab, NO IMAGES show on my product page! It's only when I have an image listed in the full-size image field that my additional images appear on my product page.

Why must I leave an image listed in the full-size image field in order for additional images to appear?

Leave a comment:

• pbrynie
    replied

The legacy full-sized image will only be displayed if there are no images listed on the Additional Images tab. Also, thumbnails will only be generated when there are more than one Additional Image for a product.

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• skepticwebguy
    replied

Did something change about the image machine in PR8 Update 2? I just noticed that on products with Additional Images AND the original Full-sized Image (entered on the Product screen), one of the Additional Images is showing as my default image for that product (rather than the Full-sized image which should be showing as the default product image).

Prior to PRB Update 2, I had this working so that the product page showed the Full-sized Image as the default product image, with clickable thumbnails to view the larger, additional product images.

But now, one of the larger additional product images is showing by default.

What happend?
    Last edited by skepticwebguy; 08-26-11, 09:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aarcmedia
    replied

This isn't really a bug, but important none the less. Why is there not yet a prompt that says ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE THESE PRODUCTS? We've had countless clients that were trying to assign related items, or products to categories, and because the process "looks" identical, they accidentally ended up in the products admin and deleted products.

It seems it would take next to no time to build in a pop-up that asks the user if they want to do this or not, and could allow them to cancel. Is this something you can do?

We have tried using the group permissions feature to stop this from happening, but then they can't view orders, and none of our clients want two separate logins, with one of them having admin privileges and the other only being there so they don't make a bone-headed move.

Leave a comment:

• kayakbabe
    replied

I'm taking my question/idea about category thumbnails and the image machine out of bugs and into a different topic, because now I think it's more a coding issue. Here is the link to my question about forcing a thumbnail to be created when one isn't uploaded for a product...
    http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...8&postcount=19
    Last edited by kayakbabe; 08-04-11, 11:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Got it, the images get created on demand (the first time it's called), so if you use that thumbnail elsewhere it should get created.

Leave a comment:

• PaulTAT
    replied

It would be nice to have the thumbnail image created to give the option of using that thumbnail-sized image on a page.
    Last edited by PaulTAT; 08-04-11, 06:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X