X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krazystraw
    replied
    Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

when exporting orders to a flat file can the next release add the customers first and last name. Currently it does not export this.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

For Posterity if anyone else is having the same issue as Iniepoth (where the Java applet just gets stuck on Loading and never actually loads the printers) here is the resolution in his case:

Their SSL server is configured to support SSLv3 only (TLS is completely disabled). This prevents the Java Runtime from loading our applet over an SSL URL due to this known bug:

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...bug_id=4615819

This is a bug in Java itself, and not actually a bug in our applet (which is not even getting loaded, see the notes above).

The following solutions are available to the customer:

1. Have their host enable support for TLSv1 (I'll point out that the protocols and ciphers currently enabled on their host are not PCI compliant)

2. Log into their administrative interface non-securely using the NonSecureMode flag to print labels. If they do this I recommend they create a special administrative user account with limited privileges and only use the account to print labels.

3. Switch to our hosting (our servers support TLSv1)

Leave a comment:

• lniepoth
    replied

Windows xp and Java says 1.7.0_09 from Oracle.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McCormick
    replied

Originally posted by lniepoth View Post
    The label window opens up, shows a preview of the label with preview written behind it, shows a shadowed "print" and "loading" button at the top right but doesn't do anything more.
    What version of Java and what OS are you running?

Leave a comment:

• lniepoth
    replied

The label window opens up, shows a preview of the label with preview written behind it, shows a shadowed "print" and "loading" button at the top right but doesn't do anything more.

Leave a comment:

• wsmith
    replied

lniepoth,

Do you have a popup blocker enabled? How long have you waited for the list of printers? You should see "starting applet" in the lower left corner of the screen and then a few seconds later you should see a list of available printers.

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• lniepoth
    replied

Yes, Java is installed and updated.

Leave a comment:

• wsmith
    replied

lniepoth,

Can you confirm java is installed and available? If I remember right the application attempting to use Java to load the available printers.

http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Wayne

Leave a comment:

• lniepoth
    replied

Still having the same problem. Tried downloading more drivers from UPS but no luck. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by lniepoth View Post
    Not in Test mode in the UPS Ready Tools. Is there some test mode somewhere else? When I unclick Use Thermal Printer, the old regular printing of labels still works but when I click Use Thermal Printer, I just get a Preview of the label and the Loading button, which doesn't change to allow printing. Any other suggestions? Which driver do I need for the Zebra?

Leave a comment:

• Jim McCormick
    replied

Originally posted by coca cola View Post
    Still haven't gotten helped with the Zebra printer on a Mac issue - we've followed the MacOS Configuration a dozen times with CUPS and it still won't print in Miva - anyone got it to work that could help us?
    Have you tested with a label that was generated with our UPS Online Tools module? Looking at the ticket I see an example order that has a shipping method from the Viking Coders UPS module which cannot generate a Zebra label.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

I also just realized you said 10.6.8, which is two generations ago. I'm not convinced it'll work on an OS that old, we only tested with Mountain Lion which is 10.8+

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Email me and when I get back in the office tomorrow I'll see if I can help.

I'm not sure what you mean iMacs on a Mac Pro server, but that's ok.

Leave a comment:

• coca cola
    replied

We are using OS 10.6.8 with iMacs on a MacPro server. Would be very happy to have your help! Nothing I've tried has worked.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Wilson
    replied

Is your mac fully up to date? If you're willing to give me remote access, I'm willing to try tomorrow to walk through the steps I did on my end to make my iMac work.

Leave a comment:

• coca cola
    replied

Still haven't gotten helped with the Zebra printer on a Mac issue - we've followed the MacOS Configuration a dozen times with CUPS and it still won't print in Miva - anyone got it to work that could help us?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X