Production Release 8 Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

That isn't PR8 specific but related to that aging FedEx module which will be replaced soon. Try putting 1000 in the field for the account number.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

No good.
      Same issue.
      William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
      www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs (FedEx)

Originally posted by wmgilligan View Post
        I have a new fresh install of PR8.
        Enabled FedEx shipping
        After entering the account number, and clicking update I get:
        "FedEx server did not return a valid response. Please check server URL."

Suggestions?
        Bill
        It's failing because FedEx stopped supporting the meter number generation. You can put anything in there but I usually advise 1000 to keep someone from entering 'anything'.
        Jim McCormick
        Miva Merchant Support
        866-284-9812

Comment

Fixed it!
          not the account number but the meter number.
          Thanks all/
          William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
          www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Wilson View Post
            That isn't PR8 specific but related to that aging FedEx module which will be replaced soon. Try putting 1000 in the field for the account number.
            That should read METER number field. The account number field needs to the merchant's account number.
            Jim McCormick
            Miva Merchant Support
            866-284-9812

Comment

Originally posted by wmgilligan View Post
              Fixed it!
              not the account number but the meter number.
              Thanks all/
              Beat me by a nose
              Jim McCormick
              Miva Merchant Support
              866-284-9812

Comment

RE: image machine.
                If there's only one image for a product the "main image" and "closeup" image sizes will be created but the "thumbnail" image size will not be created.

Comment

Paul, I agree with what I think you're posting a bug about...
                  Since the additional images for the image machine will generate thumbnails,
                  I think the main product image should be able to generate it's own thumbnail too. (unless I upload a different one on purpose). But I don't think I should have to upload a thumbnail if I don't want to, one should be generated on the fly... just like all the other additional image machine images.
                  Last edited by kayakbabe; 08-04-11, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Kayakbabe,

If you're talking about the old type images (full-size and thumbnail) it's not really plausible without seriously causing backward compatibility issues. Those weren't necessarily images, they're just a link in a database and could even be hot linked to another site. So it would be impossible to muck with the old system without a bunch of unintended consequences and issues.
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

It would be nice to have the thumbnail image created to give the option of using that thumbnail-sized image on a page.
                      Last edited by PaulTAT; 08-04-11, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Got it, the images get created on demand (the first time it's called), so if you use that thumbnail elsewhere it should get created.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

I'm taking my question/idea about category thumbnails and the image machine out of bugs and into a different topic, because now I think it's more a coding issue. Here is the link to my question about forcing a thumbnail to be created when one isn't uploaded for a product...
                          http://extranet.mivamerchant.com/for...8&postcount=19
                          Last edited by kayakbabe; 08-04-11, 11:12 AM.

Comment

This isn't really a bug, but important none the less. Why is there not yet a prompt that says ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE THESE PRODUCTS? We've had countless clients that were trying to assign related items, or products to categories, and because the process "looks" identical, they accidentally ended up in the products admin and deleted products.

It seems it would take next to no time to build in a pop-up that asks the user if they want to do this or not, and could allow them to cancel. Is this something you can do?

We have tried using the group permissions feature to stop this from happening, but then they can't view orders, and none of our clients want two separate logins, with one of them having admin privileges and the other only being there so they don't make a bone-headed move.
                            Ted Hust
                            AarcMediaGroup.com

Celebrating 13 Years of Outstanding Service & Support
                            Miva Merchant Design

Comment

Did something change about the image machine in PR8 Update 2? I just noticed that on products with Additional Images AND the original Full-sized Image (entered on the Product screen), one of the Additional Images is showing as my default image for that product (rather than the Full-sized image which should be showing as the default product image).

Prior to PRB Update 2, I had this working so that the product page showed the Full-sized Image as the default product image, with clickable thumbnails to view the larger, additional product images.

But now, one of the larger additional product images is showing by default.

What happend?
                              Last edited by skepticwebguy; 08-26-11, 09:39 AM.

Comment

The legacy full-sized image will only be displayed if there are no images listed on the Additional Images tab. Also, thumbnails will only be generated when there are more than one Additional Image for a product.

Regards,
                                Preston Brynie
                                Software Developer
                                Miva Merchant
                                http://www.mivamerchant.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X