Production Release 8 Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

Ok, I've futzed with this a wile. Most problems were resolved - I suppose I just find the interface a little counter intuitive.

The only persistent problem with import is that the new import will not allow the use of quotations marks in product descriptions.

I have also noticed some cross-platform inconsistencies between firefox, explorer, and chrome, all of which I use.

Kevin
    TEL: 646-320-8650
    www.GEOGRAPHICUS.com

Comment

Kevin,

That's still odd regarding the quotes, the new system is designed to handle those as well as normal Excel output.

Can you email me a sample file and explain where you're seeing the issue so we can test?
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Also for Posterity on Paul's WestHost ticket above, they had updated the engine without updating the Commerce Library (which is something only First Data as a gateway requires).

Once they updated the commerce library it worked fine.
        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
        CEO
        Miva, Inc.
        [email protected]

Comment

Ok Rick, I will email you the file that failed due to quotes.

Thanks,

Kevin
          TEL: 646-320-8650
          www.GEOGRAPHICUS.com

Comment

Issue with Reports. Not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing something here.

Turned off the reports on the main admin screen due to the time lag in creating the reports every time you login to admin. (up to 10 seconds) Not the issue, because as I said, I turned them off on the main screen.

When you go to the reports screen and try to view the reports the geographic traffic source graph works, but the others give you the IE download warning then tell you it cannot open json.mvc.

On the main screen if you view source you can see all the JSON code being loaded. That code does not appear when you view source on the Reports page in admin. I think someone forgot to put it in.

Example of code found on main admin screen where reports display and the report screen where they won't:

url = json_url + 'Session_Type=admin&Store_Code=' + encodeURIComponent( store_code ) + '&Function=Report_Export_XLS&Report_ID=' + encodeURIComponent( report_id );
            Last edited by jsisk; 07-11-11, 12:15 PM.
            Jim Sisk
            Uncommon Treasures

Comment

I assume you're using IE8? This is a problem with IE8 not supporting the graphics type we use. IE9 and all other browsers support it.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

Odd that the reports and charts appear on the homepage but not on the reports page. I guess the coding is different on the two pages?
                Jim Sisk
                Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Jim,

Yes those use our GD Library. The other one uses a different rendering engine.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs-Picklist error

Originally posted by oldsportbiker View Post
                    After the PR8 update the shipping method used in the SHIPMENT_PICKLIST page displays only for the first order, (most recent date), in the set selected for the picklist. While we have modified this page , (10 months ago), I don't believe that our mods have caused this PR8 issue. The array in the page is as follows:

<mvt:foreach iterator="ordershipment" array="shipment:shipments">

The other items displayed in the picklist seem to be there, it's just the shipping method that seems to be missing
                    Is anyone else using the picklist report? I'm sure it's not a coding error on my part since I temporarily reverted back to the original Miva template code and experienced the same problem. I put in some custom SQL (, using the toolbelt), as a temporary fix since my client relies upon the picklist, but I really want to yank it out.

Comment

Did anyone else lose their download abilities via the soft goods mod (emedia)? Ever since my upgrade to PR8 it has stopped working and there is a number 1 in place of where it use to be via the product edit screen in miva admin. very frustrating.

I also don't see an easy way to see if there is an upgrade via miva admin.

Comment

We use that module too and don't have that issue on pr8. I would check with emedia for an update.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for responding. It's odd because it was working yesterday morning and then stopped working later in the day. If I'm not mistaken I was upgraded to PR8 a few days ago. I'm waiting to hear back from emedia as I don't see a way to check for upgrades via miva and I'm having a hard time finding that information in their website.

Comment

Yeah we put you on PR8 on Tuesday if I recall.
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

yes, you did. You know what yesterday I activated the extra email templates, I wonder if that is conflicting??

Comment

Since upgrading to Version 8 and activating the image machine, there is excessive padding around the image on the product page. This squeezes the product details (qty in basket, price, stock status, etc.) to the right of the image and causes it to wrap - making it look bad since they is plenty of white space to the left of it.

I have searched all the templates and cannot find any padding higher than 5px. There is at least 100px that is not accounted for.

After reading the html in view page source, it appears that space may be reserved to the right of the product image for swatches but I cannot see where to adjust this or turn it off. We do not sell items that come in multiple colors and will never require swatches.

If I am correct about the space being reserved for swatches, is there a way to turn this off and recover that space?
                                Jim Sisk
                                Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Working...
                                X