Production Release 8 Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

Thanks Mark. Have always used quick find before this.

Comment

Discovered another issue related to the Canonical field that may be related to my previous post (214).

I keep finding products where the canonical field is empty. Turns out Admin>Products>Edit Here>Click Update empties the canonical field. Happens even if you make no product changes, but just click Edit Here > Update.
      Diana Hall
      http://aGardenPlace.com

Comment

Originally posted by p4k View Post
        I did not see that this has been reported before. There appears to be a bug with the track inventory setup for new products added through import (did not test with product entered directly in admin). When track inventory is enabled and the settings for track out of stock level are left to Default (setting not imported or field left blank), Miva allows an unlimited amount of the product to be added to basket in the storefront. The default settings for the store are checked to Yes for Track Low Stock and Track Out of Stock. When you manually change the product inventory setting to yes for track low stock and track out of stock (or through import) it works correctly. I even found that if you change it to yes and then back to default it works correctly.
        Are you using the old Import Products From Flat File import module (you select it from the left navigation window after expanding Import Data) or the new Product Import module (you select it from the Import Data screen)?

There was a bug exactly like this in the old Import Products From Flat File module that was actually fixed in PR8, but I am not aware of anything similar ever existing in the new Product Import module.

Comment

Originally posted by burch View Post
          Are you using the old Import Products From Flat File import module (you select it from the left navigation window after expanding Import Data) or the new Product Import module (you select it from the Import Data screen)?

There was a bug exactly like this in the old Import Products From Flat File module that was actually fixed in PR8, but I am not aware of anything similar ever existing in the new Product Import module.
          We have been using the new(PR8) Import Data Module.

Comment

We have been using the new(PR8) Import Data Module.
            Thanks. I just did some testing myself and was able to reproduce the issue with the new module, but only when adding products and when the fields in question were not in the import file at all.

Are you using an import configuration with auto-mapped columns or manually mapped columns? Have you seen the behavior when updating products or only when adding new products?

Comment

Originally posted by burch View Post
              Thanks. I just did some testing myself and was able to reproduce the issue with the new module, but only when adding products and when the fields in question were not in the import file at all.

Are you using an import configuration with auto-mapped columns or manually mapped columns? Have you seen the behavior when updating products or only when adding new products?
              We mostly use manually mapped columns. From what I can tell, this only occurs when adding new products. It does not appear to change the settings of existing products (unless you use the delete existing data option).

Comment

so you are using PR8 import for the 'Add/Update Products from CSV' and not the 'Import Data and Settings in XML Provisioning Format'?

Comment

We mostly use manually mapped columns. From what I can tell, this only occurs when adding new products. It does not appear to change the settings of existing products (unless you use the delete existing data option).
                  I can reproduce this issue with manually mapped columns as well. I will file a bug report and we'll get it fixed. We're in the final stages of the release process for Update 5 so a fix will likely not be coming until Update 6.

Comment

When choosing "Edit here" on the product listing, the "Alternate Display Page" gets removed upon update.
                    PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
                    We built the most Miva Merchant stores!
                    Miva shopping cart design & integration service and our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
                    web: www.pcinet.com

"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
                    Quarry Worker's Creed

Comment

Same thing happens to the canonical field.
                      Diana Hall
                      http://aGardenPlace.com

Comment

Originally posted by diana View Post
                        Same thing happens to the canonical field.
                        I am confirming diana's report. I have a PR8 update 5 store and this is occuring in mine.

Comment

I know this was reported before for update 4, but it still exists in PR8 update 5.

The quicklink for product does not go to the same screen as if you drill down on the left nav for product and search for a product.
                          It's really very simple irritating. I keep thinking I"m in the wrong website admin. and then I have to click 3 or 4 more times and type in my search again to get where I need to be. There shouldn't be an old product listing screen in the admin. There should only be the one, and the quick link should go to it.

Comment

Hi kayakbabe

I have created a bug for this issue.

Thanks
                            -Eric
                            Eric Foresman
                            Software Tester
                            Miva Merchant
                            http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                            [email protected]

Comment

Unable to log into admin on CSSUI stores using Chrome. Entering correct credentials and clicking login refreshes the page, clears the form, and redirects to admin.mvc?Screen=LRDR. Confirmed on multiple machines and Miva sites. No problem logging in to admin with Firefox. MMUI stores do not seem to be affected.
                              Regards,
                              Bryan |
                              http://1337coders.com

Comment

1337 coders: Wanted to let you know that I am logged into my admin using Chrome and store is CSSUI. My host is hostasaurus. Maybe an extension you are using is causing issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X