Production Release 8 Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

When doing a search for a product I use the link in the left column and use the checkmarks to bring the information I need up before searching. Then I use the edit here button rather than going into the product.

If current stock and basket inventory are checked when you change current stock and update it changes to zero. No matter what was there or what you put in it.

If current stock, basket inventory and total inventory are checked it also changes it to zero. Wipes out the previous inventory and does not record a change.

Current stock and total inventory checked it keeps the old inventory but does not update it.

The only way to change current stock is if it is the only inventory checked when you click update.

The Total inventory works fine no matter what is opened.

If the argument is that you should not use the current stock to change inventory then it should be blacked out when you click edit here rather than a window. As I normally open current stock and basket because they display right next to each other.

Can anyone else duplicate? Or is a module of mine to blame?

Comment

Major bug in this miva supplied module. It does not show in any of my stores so it must be a custom module. It is also likely it cannot be uninstalled, so it needs to be updated. If it has already been updated, what module version is the latest.
      Code: custcrypt
      Name: Encrypted Customer Passwords
      Provider: Miva Merchant
      Supported API Version: 5.00
      Version: 1.0001

The problem is that system extension modules in the queue to run after the encryption module simply do not run. They are skipped or suppressed. The customer account gets created/saved, but modules which are doing system actions before the customer account is created are prevented from running.
      Bill Weiland - Emporium Plus http://www.emporiumplus.com/store.mvc
      Online Documentation http://www.emporiumplus.com/tk3/v3/doc.htm
      Question http://www.emporiumplus.com/mivamodu...vc?Screen=SPTS
      Facebook http://www.facebook.com/EmporiumPlus
      Twitter http://twitter.com/emporiumplus

Comment

Originally posted by entrepre7 View Post
        When doing a search for a product I use the link in the left column and use the checkmarks to bring the information I need up before searching. Then I use the edit here button rather than going into the product.
        Can anyone else duplicate? Or is a module of mine to blame?
        I've reported that if you use the quicklink at the top of the admin and search for a product.. the list you get is NOT the same as if you use the left category in the admin to go to products and get a list there. I think there is an older admin routine generating that product list if you use the quicklinks at the top to search for products. If you use the first route to get to a product and "edit here" it, you lose data.. it seems the data submitted isn't complete with the all newer fields, so some get written as null instead of keep their old values. I"ve made it a practice to always to the long way into editing a product (drilling into it from the left nav products link) and using the edit button I think they were going to fix this in patch 5 but I've not tested to find out if they did or not. (I"m thinking it might be nice to figure a way to hide the quicklink and the edit here buttons via css or something so other employees won't break my store by trying the obvious shortcut).

Comment

Something changedon Category Tree Template.
          non-updated site shows checkboxes for"Custom Fields"
          updated sites all have a scrolling selection - and it seems nothing can be done with it.
          Did I miss something?
          Untitled.pdf
          William Gilligan - Orange Marmalade, Inc.
          www.OrangeMarmaladeinc.com

Comment

Hi William

In update 7 we changed from the checkboxes to a multiple select box. By clicking on any of the custom field names within the select box you activate them; you can select several by holding down the Ctrl key. When you click away from the box any selected items will remain highlighted showing you which custom fields you have turned on.

Hope this helps

-Eric
            Eric Foresman
            Software Tester
            Miva Merchant
            http://www.mivamerchant.com/
            [email protected]

Comment

Seems counterintuitive to me... way to easy to mistakenly click and remove them... hard to see the "highlight"....
              I looked thru notes and didn't - is this documented somewhere so I should have know before deselecting stuff?

Comment

Hi William

It is in the release notes for update 7 under "Administrator Changes" it is the first bullet point.

“To reduce UI clutter, all locations that previously displayed a grid of checkboxes to permit selection of custom fields now use a multiple select list.”
                Eric Foresman
                Software Tester
                Miva Merchant
                http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                [email protected]

Comment

It's also documented in the Reference Guide: www.mivamerchant.com/referenceguide
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]
                  https://www.miva.com

Comment

I'd like to officially ask that this be reverted back.
                    In my humble opinion its bad UI, and begs for easy mistakes when making changes to any of these sections... especially if you have a number of selections and just forget to properly click one (or worse yet, click one while inadvertently deselecting others).

Comment

customer login via email with multiple email accounts broken

bug with pr8 update 7. customer login via email with multiple email accounts broken.

Previously I used Weilands customer email login. For the update I removed it because update 7 includes email login and I wanted the new minibasket and shipping calculator.
                      I ran the update.
                      However now my customers who had several accounts can not log in to all of them. They can only log into the first account in the database by using their email address.

With Bill's module, both the email and password were used to find the account, so a customer with several accounts under the same password could still login to the appropriate account.

The new miva login with email feature doesn't account for the fact that there can be multiple customer accounts with the same email address. So there is now no access for those customers to their second or third accounts in the store. those accounts are essentially 'broken'.
                      doing password recovery also only gives the password for the first account, not the second or third, etc.
                      Last edited by kayakbabe; 10-31-12, 03:22 PM.

Comment

bug with pr8 update 7, forgot password error message doesn't make sense.

I cleared my cookies and restarted my browser to make sure this wasn't a caching issue.

If I click on sign in and do nothing, do not enter anything into any form field.
                        Click on forgot password as a shopping trying to get their password might do.

the store gives me a message that makes no sense. here it is.

"Instructions to reset your password have been sent to the email address on file with your account. Please contact us if you require further assistance."

I haven't given it a user or an email address to identify any account, the store SHOULD be asking me for a userid or something with which to do something. I haven't given it anything yet. So I wonder who it is emailing.

Last edited by kayakbabe; 10-31-12, 03:29 PM.

Comment

That's a specific security issue with PCI and the Banking industry. They want a generic message so you can't reverse engineer if someone has given you an email address in the past.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

But that message makes absolutely no sense, if the field is empty.
                            if the field is empty then no reverse engineering is being attempted at all
                            it was just 'empty' 'null' 'blank'
                            it is greatly confusing and is going to piss of customers and make them think my store is broken.
                            I've been using webstores for years to shop, and it made ME think it was broken.
                            What is is going to do to my customers?

a message like, please fill in the blank so we can attempt to find your account.
                            in the case of an empty field...
                            is not going to reveal anything and can't be used to exploit anything.

It's not like they are trying different addresses.

Comment

I agree on the null values, I'll talk to Jon.
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

I vote to have the checkboxes back too!
                                I sometimes have to edit my site with my phone or tablet. Have you EVER tried to do a multiple select box on something like that instead of being at a full blown computer? just try it from an ipad or iPhone.. ugh!

Originally posted by wmgilligan View Post
                                I'd like to officially ask that this be reverted back.
                                In my humble opinion its bad UI, and begs for easy mistakes when making changes to any of these sections... especially if you have a number of selections and just forget to properly click one (or worse yet, click one while inadvertently deselecting others).

Comment

Working...
                                X