Production Release 8 Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

I spoke to Jon and he agrees the Null values thing is a bug, not sure if that'll get fixed in Update 8 (coming in 2 weeks) but it likely will.

As for the Multiple Select on tablets and phones, I just tried it on my iPhone and iPad and it's really slick. It's way superior to the prior checkbox method IMHO. Have you actually tried it via tablet or phone yet? At least in iOS they handle multi select boxes in a very nice way that makes it highly usable.
    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
    CEO
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Comment

Hi kayakbabe

I have added a bug for the forgot password link not validating that there is a value in the email address/ user field.

-Eric
      Eric Foresman
      Software Tester
      Miva Merchant
      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
      [email protected]

Comment

Product Attributes get entity encoded when they're put in the basket, but they aren't decoded when they're taken out.

For example:
        "To be, or not to be?", that is the question..
        Would get saved as:
        "To be, or not to be?", that is the question..
        And this is fine, I understand that sometimes entities need to be encoded when you're working with a database. However, they aren't decoded when they're pulled out.
        Last edited by titus; 11-02-12, 11:34 AM.
        PCINET, LLC

Miva Merchant Design, Development, Integration & Support
        We built the most Miva Merchant stores!
        Miva shopping cart design & integration service and our Portfolio!

e-mail: [email protected]
        web: www.pcinet.com

"We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals."
        Quarry Worker's Creed

Comment

Hi kayakbabe

I have added a bug for the forgot password link not validating that there is a value in the email address/ user field.
          Until the bugfix here's a js form validation script to check email.

1. In the head section add:

Code:
          <script type="text/javascript">
          function checkemail() {
          var oError = document.getElementById('fpwdemail');
          var email = document.dkfpwd.Customer_LoginEmail.value;
          var re = /^[^\W][a-zA-Z0-9_-]+(\.[a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)*\@[a-zA-Z0-9-]+(\.[a-zA-Z0-9-]+)*\.[a-zA-Z]{2,6}$/;
          if (re.test(email)) {
          oError.style.display = "none";
          return true;
          } else {
          oError.style.display = "block";
          return false;
          }

}
          </script>
          2. Name the form and add event:

Code:
          <form action="&mvt:global:secure_sessionurl;" method="post" name="dkfpwd" autocomplete="off" onsubmit="return checkemail(this);">
          3. Add an error message just above the email input field:

Code:
          <div id="fpwdemail" style="display:none;padding-left:66px;color:red;">Hint: Invalid Email Format</div>
          4. Change input type field for modern browsers:

Code:
          <input type="email" name="Customer_LoginEmail" id="Customer_LoginEmail" autocomplete="off">
          http://www.alphabetsigns.com/

Comment

I couldn't find this elsewhere, so perhaps it is local. Since the upgrade to update 7, the graphs only show a broken image symbol in the Reports on the main page, and attempting to load a report crashes IE (not sure about other browsers).

Comment

The only reason those would break is if there's an issue with the GD library in your engine. You should contact your host's support to have them check the GB Library in the Engine.

You might also try clearing your cache, but I doubt that'll solve it.

I can say for sure that on our corporate store that Update 7 didn't impact the graphs, etc...
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

You were right about the cache not fixing it. The word back from my host is that my server is using GD 2.0.28 on Miva Empresa 5.12. I looked, but wasn't able to find the documentation for the minimums required for PR8 Update 7.

Comment

I would recommend upgrading to 5.17 and the latest GD lib.

The issue almost certainly has something to do with your GB lib.
                  Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                  CEO
                  Miva, Inc.
                  [email protected]

Comment

Product > Shipping Rules > Limit Shipping Methods

I use Limit Shipping Methods on pretty much all of the products in a particular store.

I imported a small update to a custom field on about 60 items. Imported the PRODUCT_CODE, PRODUCT_NAME, "Custom Field" via Import Data > Add/Update Products from CSV.

After the product import, "Limit Shipping Methods" for each of the items imported was unchecked.

Edited for additional info:
                    The Shipping Dimensions fields were also emptied.
                    Last edited by Ron Frigon; 11-16-12, 12:45 PM.
                    Ron Frigon
                    Jedi Webmaster Obi-Ron Kenobi

Comment

Just upgraded to 8-8 to be able to use the Zebra label printer - can pick it off the printer list, but nothing happens - no label will print. Then it can't print to regular laser printer either. Some of the orders came up with the original print button and no printer selection drop list and those can be printed on the laser printer. Once the drop down list shows up with a PREVIEW on the label, nothing can be printed. HELP!

Second issue is for products with attributes - if you select the attribute from the drop down menu and then try to add to button you get the warning "Attributes in Bold are required". Select it then and it is ordered correctly. Also photo is not showing up correctly although it is the same code as with PROD where it does show up correctly.

Comment

So if you have an old label that you generated using PDF or JPG, then you won't be able to print those via Zebra and the printer drop down will not show up.

If the printer drop down shows up, then it was created as a ZPL and you won't be able to print to a Laser Printer.

It's not possible to go back and forth.

You should open a support ticket and they'll help you troubleshoot why it's not printing. The first thing I would ensure is that you can print to your Zebra print from another ZPL capable program. If you can't then then problem is with your Printer Driver/Configuration and there's nothing we can do to help.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]

Comment

Second issue is for products with attributes - if you select the attribute from the drop down menu and then try to add to button you get the warning "Attributes in Bold are required". Select it then and it is ordered correctly. Also photo is not showing up correctly although it is the same code as with PROD where it does show up correctly.
                          These sound like template/configuration issues are were more than likely not related to the upgrade at all.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Zebra label printer can print fine from other program including UPS worldship.

Also the attributes worked correctly until upgraded and the PATR page was working fine also.

Comment

On your PATR problem you should open a support ticket.

On your Printing, have you tried it in another browser?
                              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                              CEO
                              Miva, Inc.
                              [email protected]

Comment

Tried it on Safari, Chrome and Firefox (on a Mac) no joy - hit the print button and nothing happens

Comment

Working...
                                X