No announcement yet.

Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gilligan's Google Analytics Module for 5/5.5 is now FREE at Miva Central

Ok, I figured out how to get my funnel's and goals to work. The problem I was having was that the session ID being passed in the URL did not include the page name "OCST" or "OPAY". What I had to do was to change the Google Analytics code to the code below:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    </script>
    try {
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-6043910-2");
    pageTracker._trackPageview("/funnel/cust_info");
    } catch(err) {}</script>
    Instead of using "OCST" for the funnel/goal tracking, I used "/funnel/cust_info" as seen above. Then in the funnel/goals section of Analytics, I put in the same "/funnel/cust_info" to track the page. Each page in the checkout process has a different analytics name, same code as above but the upsell page has "/funnel/upsell" in the code, OPAY page has /funnel/payment" etc... IN analytics, just put in to the URL section of the Goals the same /funnel/cust_info (whithout the quotes) to track.

I hope this info helps anyone else out there having difficulty getting the funnel/goals to track properly.
    Last edited by Gamelord; 06-11-09, 12:22 PM.
    Kent
    www.awindofchange.com

~~Once you take flight your eyes will forever be turned skyward~~

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
      jfazer,
      Contact me off forum and we can take a look for you and see what is going on. Without seeing the specifics, it is hard to diagnose.
      While writing the email to you I noticed that the Account Number I placed in my code was different than my Profile ID so I placed that in the code instead. Before bothering you I'll wait 24 hours and see if that does the trick. I'll let ya know.

- Jim

Comment

Dan, Thanks so much for the detailed instructions and code. However, when I tried putting it into my global footer I am getting the following error message.

Line 17: elseif found without matching start if tag

I have tried copying several times to make sure I didn't make a mistake but same error each time.

Here is the code I have in the footer already along with the beginning part of the code you gave us as I installed into my footer. Can you point out where I went wrong?

Thanks so much.

<p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #336600; font-size: x-small;"><a title="Susan's Soaps &amp; More" href="../">STOREFRONT</a> <a title="CONTACT US" href="../C/CONTACT-US.html">CONTACT US</a> <a title="Susan's Soaps &amp; More FAQs" href="../C/FAQ.html">FAQs</a> <a title="SITE MAP" href="../SMAP.html">SITE MAP</a></span></p>
        <p>
        </p>
        <p style="text-align: center;"><span style="color: #336600; font-size: x-small;"><a title="SITE MAP" href="../SMAP.html"><br /></a></span></p>
        <p> </p>

<mvt:comment>Begin Google Analytics - Copyright Kemper Strategic E-Business - www.kemperstrategic.com</mvt:comment>
        <mvt:if expr="g.Secure EQ 1">
        <script src="https://ssl.google-analytics.com/ga.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        <mvt:else>
        <script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
        </mvt:if>
        var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker(" UA-9246489-1 ");
        <mvt:if expr="g.screen EQ 'ORDL'">
        pageTracker._trackPageview("ORDL");
        <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'OCST'">
        pageTracker._trackPageview("OCST");
        <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'ACED'">
        pageTracker._trackPageview("ACED");
        <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'ACAD'">
        pageTracker._trackPageview("ACAD");
        <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'LOGN'">
        pageTracker._trackPageview("LOGN");
        <mvt:elseif expr="g.screen EQ 'OUS1'">

Comment

Try removing those spaces around the account number. If you still have issues, get in touch with us and we can take a look for you.

Comment

Are the account numbers all set up in this format?

UA-9185963-1

I'm just making sure since there is the profile id and that doesn't have any letters or hyphens.

Comment

Correct, user account numbers all use the same format: UA-XXXXXXX-X

The Profile ID is a separate number altogether, and it will not work in the Google Analytics tracking code.

Comment

So I installed the module and GA seems to be tracking visitors to our website.

However, the E-Commerce section doesn't seem to be tracking.

I checked 'Yes' for E-Commerce in our settings profile. Is there anything additional I need to do?

Comment

Dan,

Thanks so much. Removing the spaces did the trick. Am now getting the Google Analytics. Just need to figure out all of what it is capable of telling me. BTW - I have looked but couldn't see on it -- can it tell me or do I need something else to show me how many customers are on my site right now and also if possible what page they are on. From what I can tell so far, Google Analytics doesn't do that. Is there something you or someone else can recommend that does?

Thanks again for your help and time.

Susan

Comment

Susan,

No, Google Analytics does not provide real time visitor statistics, not really what it is meant for.

Emporium Plus offers their Show Baskets module, which will display all open baskets.

Viking Coders offers their Pulse module, which provides a good amount of real time visitor statistics. However I am warning store owners on this module as it does not currently have the option to clear old data, which has caused a number of extremely fat databases on some Miva Merchant stores. (hopefully they will add this feature soon as the module does provide some solid real time stats)

Comment

Thanks Dan for the input. I do have Bill's SHOW BASKETS which is certainly helpful but was looking for a little more specific data. I am new to Miva and so am still switching over use patterns from what I had where I was at before. If anyone else has any input on what they are using for real-time traffic info I would be interested.

Thanks again.

Susan

Comment

Viking Coders PULSE gives good real time data but it's very different than Google Analytics.
                        Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                        CEO
                        Miva, Inc.
                        [email protected]
                        https://www.miva.com

Comment

How does this module differ from just using G Analytics directly?

Specifically, I use Google Analytics now with my site and works fine as best I can tell...

What I really need it to be able to track sales of individual product SIZES that are listed under a Size attribute for each product in Miva. My Google Analytics reports right now can't see them, it only sees total 'Strawberries' sold not how many were 1 lb., 2 lb., etc.

Will this module solve that?

Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Our free Miva Merchant 5 | Basic Google Analytics Integration tutorial will track attributes under the product performance reports within Analytics. Google currently does not recognize product attributes, so our workaround was to pass them as products.

I don't know if the modules will track attributes or not, hopefully someone will chime on those.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Kemper Strategic View Post
                              Here are complete instructions for integrating Google Analytics with Miva Merchant 5, including the checkout goal/funnel visualization. My recommendation, chuck the module :)
                              Looks like there is now an option to "Exclude URL Query Parameters" (e.g. sid, sessionid, vid, etc...) when setting up GA Profile Information. Any recommendations on what to do here?

Gilligan's GA Module went bellyup on me after working fine for months. Gonna give your method a shot.

Was also wondering if the Site Search option was only applicable if you subscribe to Google site search, or does it work for the standard Miva Search, Power Search, etc.

TIA
                              Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                              Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

Looks like there is now an option to "Exclude URL Query Parameters" (e.g. sid, sessionid, vid, etc...) when setting up GA Profile Information. Any recommendations on what to do here?
                                There are a number of ways to implement Google Analytics for a Miva Merchant store. The tutorial provided shows a way to do it without excluding the query parameters, however it is really up to you as to which method you want to use.

Gilligan's GA Module went bellyup on me after working fine for months. Gonna give your method a shot.
                                Unfortunately it has been going belly up for some time and was part of the reason for our tutorial.

Was also wondering if the Site Search option was only applicable if you subscribe to Google site search, or does it work for the standard Miva Search, Power Search, etc.
                                It is setup to work with Miva Merchant's stock search, PowerSearch, SearchSpring... pretty much any search feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X