Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the new MailChimp module - any plans to support MailChimp Groups functionality? We previously had our own home-brewed script using the Mailchimp API and could add checkboxes to the subscribe form that would assign subscribers to a group. This is different than segments and merge fields. It allows customers in the same Mailchimp list to be subscribed to sub-groups within the main list.

Thanks.
    Joe McDonald
    patrickwebby.com

Comment

It's not currently on our radar. Can you give me some details on how you used them previously and how you would want it to work? Just the ability to have different signup forms assign subscribers to separate groups? We'll have to make sure their API supports groups as well.
      Last edited by Rick Wilson; 01-23-18, 10:49 AM.
      Brennan Heyde
      VP Product
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

We've noticed an issue with checkbox custom fields after updating to 9.07.xx. Instead of setting a "yes" value for the field when checked, it's just blank. Existing products that already had this field checked before the update are correctly set as "yes" on the page template, but that variable is just blank for any item I try to check moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by joshpappas View Post
          We've noticed an issue with checkbox custom fields after updating to 9.07.xx. Instead of setting a "yes" value for the field when checked, it's just blank. Existing products that already had this field checked before the update are correctly set as "yes" on the page template, but that variable is just blank for any item I try to check moving forward.
          Partially confirmed. Just did a test.

Existing field -> shows 'yes' when checked.
          Unchecked -> shows nothing (as expected).
          Checked Again -> shows '1' instead of 'yes'

Field was clicked in the admin panel -> catalog -> selected product -> custom fields

Comment

AHerb I can confirm seeing "1" as well now. Not sure why I was seeing a blank value originally. Maybe this was considered a bug fix or feature update so we could evaluate these types of fields as a boolean? If so, it would be nice to have an option to conform all existing checked fields to this new value so we could just update once in the template instead of having to change every item (uncheck/check).

Comment

Could just check for an empty var
              NOT ISNULL g.my_var

but I believe 1 instead of 'yes' is an unexpected behavior
              Last edited by AHerb; 01-29-18, 02:47 PM.

Comment

In 9.07 custom fields checkboxes were changed from 'yes' to '1' since it should be considered a boolean field. This was also done so custom field searching would work properly (since you can now search custom fields as of 9.07). Ideally in page template you wouldn't be outputting the 'yes' value directly (since it's lowercase / you may want some other value / format it). I would go with AHerb suggestion that you do 'NOT ISNULL xxx' and then output 'Yes' / 'whatever appropriate value here'. Hope this helps.
                David Carver
                Miva, Inc. | Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by dcarver View Post
                  In 9.07 custom fields checkboxes were changed from 'yes' to '1' since it should be considered a boolean field.
                  Omg! This fix will break ==A LOT== of existing code.
                  And it's not transparent as existing checkboxes are still showing 'yes' until you change it. So at the moment there will be a mixture of yes and 1 on a single page.
                  Predicting a lot of complains...

ps. going to check all store templates now... just in case

Comment

Volume Pricing by Category - Discount Tables Not Displayed

I'm trying to get volume pricing implemented on our site, and have run across a problem when assigning discounted products by category.

If I assign specific products via "Discounted Products" to a Volume Pricing price group, then the volume pricing "discount table" will appear as it's supposed to where it's called on the CTGY pages, PROD pages, and SEARCH pages.

If however I use "Discounted Categories" to assign the products to a Volume Pricing group, then the tables do not display the volume pricing tiers.

The basket price does however reflect the volume discount if the volume threshold is met.
                    Psydde Delicious
                    Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
                    Philadelphia, PA
                    www.DeliciousBoutique.com
                    www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Hi Delcorsets

I have added a bug for this issue, thanks for letting us know about it.

-Eric
                      Eric Foresman
                      Software Tester
                      Miva Merchant
                      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                      [email protected]

Comment

We just upgraded 3 of our 5 stores to 9.08. Since the upgrade, any orders that have a payment method of PayPal Express the payment info is not coming through to StoneEdge. PayFlow pro (credit cards) info is. The stores that we did not upgrade have no issues with PayPal. I just submitted a ticket to both Miva and StoneEdge, but wanted to post here in hopes of any feedback and a possible solution. Is it possible to roll back the stores that were upgraded?

Comment

eldon99,

From Dev:

The pay_data field for Express Checkout has changed in 9.08. Previous versions would have stored “PAYP”. 9.08 stores “PPAL_OSEL”. Functionally the rest of the module is identical. This change was made to resolve this bug: 22469
                          and

StoneEdge should, ideally, be calling PaymentModule_Payment_Description to determine if the payment is PayPal Express Checkout or a credit card, but barring that should consider values PAYP or anything starting with PPAL_ to be express checkout.
                          So I wouldn't recommend rolling back. Brennan will reach out to Stoneedge and I'd suggest you do as well.
                          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                          CEO
                          Miva, Inc.
                          [email protected]

Comment

With the release of Miva Merchant 9.08.xx please update to see if any open issues have been resolved. If after updating to 9.08.xx your issue persists, please post to this thread:

https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...xx-bug-reports
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X