This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miva Merchant 10.00.x Bug Reports

Please post any bugs you come across in Miva 10 here.
    Brennan Heyde
    VP Product
    Miva, Inc.
    [email protected]
    https://www.miva.com

Product image display order.

I upgraded a 9.14.00 store dev store to
    Version Miva Merchant 10.00.02
    MivaScript Engine v5.34

Edit product, choose images, I can't figure out a way to alter the image display order (NOT the products order).
    I click the plus to try to show the column for display order...
    There is no way to turn on the field to make it show as a column in the image list, nor can I edit it.
    But it is listed in the undisplayed fields as something I can sort by.

I tried other things on the screen but can't find any way to change order. Even tried using the select all checkbox.. no display order option there either.

How do I change the order the images display in for this products page?

In 9.14 we can alter the display order. That way we don't have to delete them all and re-add them in the order we want them to display.

If it matters I am using Mac Catalina 10.15.6 with Safari version Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610)

Here are screen shots.

image_2024.jpg

EC31B6BA-54B9-419A-9705-BCC44D2CC17C.jpeg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kayakbabe; 09-26-20, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Hey kayakbabe!

On the Edit Product > Images screen click the Ellipsis button to the right of Add Image Types.

The first option under the ellipsis will be "Sort". Clicking that will open a fullscreen view of all images which can then be sorted by drag-and-drop, "move to", or display numbering.

Upon clicking Save or exiting fullscreen you'll be given the option to also reload the list in the admin reflecting the most up-to-date image order. (Not sure why you wouldn't want to do that?)

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 8.38.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-27 at 8.38.42 AM.png
      Last edited by delcorsets; 09-27-20, 04:42 AM. Reason: Added images
      Psydde Delicious
      Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
      Philadelphia, PA
      www.DeliciousBoutique.com
      www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

hmm that wasn't intuitive at all.

It did work for me that way. Thank you Psydde!

I wonder why they made it a different screen instead of just putting it on the the images tab. It really doesn't make sense to me to leave to a page that looks exactly the same with the same things (images) listed on it. So it isn't a bug per se, it's more of a confusing gui issue.
        Last edited by kayakbabe; 09-27-20, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Some additional context on the new sorting. Previously there were 3 different buttons which were all used for sorting. And the way the batch list worked, when you wanted to sort, you first needed to reload the entire list to a default state before you could sort. For existing Miva users, they had years of muscle memory to do this. However, for new to Miva, when they tried to sort it was very confusing.

So in Miva 10 we decided to move all the sorting functions to its own sort menu. The good news is that this is the same for every batch list so once you know where the new sorting button is, it's consistent for anything you wish to sort. It's now its own screen which avoids the list reloading. Also, because its now its own screen it made adding things like drag and drop far more intuitive.

We talk a little about the sorting problem here: https://www.miva.com/blog/miva-10-history/
          Brennan Heyde
          VP Product
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]
          https://www.miva.com

Comment

I read the reasoning and that makes sense. I'm an original Koolcat/HTMLscript/and all the inbetween. I like that you showed the history.
            But there isn't any info on how the new sorting works.
            Does dragging and dropping change the display order? if so, why is display order the label on the button, makes me think that if I drag and drop it only changes what I see in the admin, not in the gui for the customer. Or do all changes I make on that screen affect the gui?

I also figured out I can sort things in the admin by click the column header.. LOVE IT!

Can I sort by combining columns like click on price and then also click on code/name so I can do combined sorting, say I want to look at all my items that are 12.00 or less and want to sort by the codes/skus?

Comment

Okay, I am testing and will creating user accounts on my dev site, I was not able to confirm accounts because the confirmation email was not sending to the user.
              Marshall
              http://www.hmcdisplay.com
              http://www.churchonwheels.com

Comment

I have an attribute template that is a checkbox with an inventory variant.

When I add the template to a product, and then go to Inventory Kit Builder, I click on the Checked option, add the part, and save. But when I look at the list, it shows the part that I added under the Not Checked option. If I generate variants, I can see that the part that I added is added on the unchecked variants, and since there's a price attached to the part, when I check the live site, its adding the extra price when the option is not checked.

This hasnt affected my current products, but if I try to add a new product with the checkbox, or edit a current product it will happen so for now I need to leave that attribute off new products.

Comment

I have one customer in the store. I have added products and price groups.
                  I added a business account
                  I went into the business account.
                  I decided to click on the tabs.
                  customer, notes, orders.

of course there are NO orders in the store yet.

try 1.

I did not assign a customers to the business account.
                  when I click on orders. I get a mysql error.

"mysql_stmt_prepare: Unknown column 'ba.id' in 'where clause'"

try 2.
                  Then I added the customer to the business account,
                  creating an order from the admin side for the customer,
                  tried to see the business account orders and I still get the same error.

Mac Catalina 10.15.6 with Safari version Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610)
                  MivaScript Engine v5.34
                  miva10-bizaccount-orders-mysqlerror.png
                  Last edited by kayakbabe; 10-02-20, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakbabe View Post
                    I have one customer in the store. I have added products and price groups.
                    I added a business account
                    I went into the business account.
                    I decided to click on the tabs.
                    customer, notes, orders.

of course there are NO orders in the store yet.

try 1.

I did not assign a customers to the business account.
                    when I click on orders. I get a mysql error.

"mysql_stmt_prepare: Unknown column 'ba.id' in 'where clause'"

try 2.
                    Then I added the customer to the business account,
                    creating an order from the admin side for the customer,
                    tried to see the business account orders and I still get the same error.

Mac Catalina 10.15.6 with Safari version Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610)
                    MivaScript Engine v5.34
                    miva10-bizaccount-orders-mysqlerror.png
                    Hi kayakbabe

I have filed a bug for this issue, thanks for letting us know about it.

-Eric
                    Eric Foresman
                    Software Tester
                    Miva Merchant
                    http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by heatherwebdev View Post
                      I have an attribute template that is a checkbox with an inventory variant.

When I add the template to a product, and then go to Inventory Kit Builder, I click on the Checked option, add the part, and save. But when I look at the list, it shows the part that I added under the Not Checked option. If I generate variants, I can see that the part that I added is added on the unchecked variants, and since there's a price attached to the part, when I check the live site, its adding the extra price when the option is not checked.

This hasnt affected my current products, but if I try to add a new product with the checkbox, or edit a current product it will happen so for now I need to leave that attribute off new products.
                      Hi heatherwebdev

Sorry for the long delay in response, it took me a while to reproduce this. But I have and it has been filed.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

-Eric
                      Eric Foresman
                      Software Tester
                      Miva Merchant
                      [email protected]

Comment

How do you add a new module to a domain? Previous versions had that plus-sign button on the Modules admin page, but it's gone in version 10.

Also, in the new admin pages, I think the minimum screen size is too large. I usually keep my browser windows about 1200 pixels wide. That always worked fine in previous version of admin. But now, most of the pages seem to extend a couple of inches past the right margin; I have to scroll to see the rest of the page. I gather that the in-house developers all have huge screens. But not all of us have that luxury, especially when traveling and using a laptop.

Thanks --
                        Kent Multer
                        Magic Metal Productions
                        http://TheMagicM.com
                        * Web developer/designer
                        * E-commerce and Miva
                        * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
                        http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Multer View Post
                          How do you add a new module to a domain? Previous versions had that plus-sign button on the Modules admin page, but it's gone in version 10.

Also, in the new admin pages, I think the minimum screen size is too large. I usually keep my browser windows about 1200 pixels wide. That always worked fine in previous version of admin. But now, most of the pages seem to extend a couple of inches past the right margin; I have to scroll to see the rest of the page. I gather that the in-house developers all have huge screens. But not all of us have that luxury, especially when traveling and using a laptop.

Thanks --
                          Hi Kent

The screen you are looking for has been moved to Menu > Domain settings> Modules (tab). There you will find the old modules screen where you can upload new modules and mark modules as active or not.

And you are correct in mm10 the minimum screen size was updated to 1366px wide.
                          -Eric

Eric Foresman
                          Software Tester
                          Miva Merchant
                          [email protected]

Comment

Well, I haven't bought a laptop in several years, so I don't what the common screen size is now. But there's a lot of white space on those pages; I bet you could trim it down to 1280 pixels wide without much trouble.

Another thing I just noticed: on the admin page for editing a product, the "View on Live Store" button is gone -- at least it's not where it was before. Did that go away? I find it very useful; I use it quite often.

Thanks --
                            Kent Multer
                            Magic Metal Productions
                            http://TheMagicM.com
                            * Web developer/designer
                            * E-commerce and Miva
                            * Author, The Official Miva Web Scripting Book -- available on-line:
                            http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/IS...icmetalproducA

Comment

Originally posted by Kent Multer View Post
                              Well, I haven't bought a laptop in several years, so I don't what the common screen size is now. But there's a lot of white space on those pages; I bet you could trim it down to 1280 pixels wide without much trouble.

Another thing I just noticed: on the admin page for editing a product, the "View on Live Store" button is gone -- at least it's not where it was before. Did that go away? I find it very useful; I use it quite often.

Thanks --
                              the view store button is now always present at the top of the screen, it is also conditional. If you happen to be viewing a product or category when you click it the page will open to that product or category, otherwise the button will open to the storefront page.

view_store_button.png
                              Eric Foresman
                              Software Tester
                              Miva Merchant
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X