Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is exactly how it is supposed to work. When you are working in a branch and view your store, you will see essentially a preview of your changes, but the changes don't display on the production (live) branch. There is a badge in the corner of the screen that tells you what branch you're in (and if you click the little arrow you can switch between branches).

Branch Template.jpg

Then, when you are ready to publish your changes, you can either make the working branch the production branch, or merge your changes.

Comment

Oh wow how did I miss that haha. I feel silly now. Thank you for clarifying Leanne !
      Nick Harkins
      www.loveisarose.com
      *Web Developer
      *Miva
      *Google Analytics, Search Console, Tag Manager, Merchant Center, Ads

Comment

Regarding this issue:
        MM-10981 Copy Product Copy product should not copy orphaned inventory product count records
        I've noticed that certain circumstances will still create "phantom products" when using the Copy Product feature. I'd have to do some testing to see if I could recreate the exact circumstances but I *think* these were the steps I performed:

- Used Copy Product to copy an Inactive product.
        - Track Inventory was unchecked on original and copied product
        - Activated Track Inventory, and attempted to update inventory quantity at same time
        - Track Inventory became active, but inventory quantity did not update, so updated quantity again after Track Inventory was activated.
        - Made product active.
        - Needed to adjust inventory quantity to get rid of the "phantom products".

Psydde Delicious
        Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
        Philadelphia, PA
        www.DeliciousBoutique.com
        www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

I think I may have found a bug with the Template Branches.

Needed to update the json css and js files (combined resources) on our Production (Primary) Branch and noticed those changes did not take effect on the Template Branch I had originally created.

Only work around was creating yet another template branch by copying the Production (Primary) Branch again.

Problem with that is losing all of the Template Version History from the first Template Branch I created and was working on.
          Nick Harkins
          www.loveisarose.com
          *Web Developer
          *Miva

Comment

The template branches should have their own css and js resources. That way you can make changes to them without affecting the live site. So you would just need to copy your changes on the production branch to the template branch for them to both be the same. Or set the files you want to be active in the branch. See here: https://www.miva.com/forums/forum/on...es-in-branches

Comment

Leanne Ah ha!

Thank you for that! Very helpful and that makes a lot of sense!
              Nick Harkins
              www.loveisarose.com
              *Web Developer
              *Miva

Comment

I discussed this in another thread but attempting to install 'Match Customer Orders' module with Miva version 10.01.03 generates the following error

Installation of Module 'Match Customer Orders' failed: Match Customer Orders requires Miva Merchant 9.5 or newer

Comment

Originally posted by habreu View Post
                  I discussed this in another thread but attempting to install 'Match Customer Orders' module with Miva version 10.01.03 generates the following error

Installation of Module 'Match Customer Orders' failed: Match Customer Orders requires Miva Merchant 9.5 or newer
                  Hi habreu

We released a v1.0001 of that module on 2020-12-03 with a fix for that issue. Do you happen to know if you are using the old version, or are you getting this same issue with the new version too?

Thanks

-Eric
                  Eric Foresman
                  Software Tester
                  Miva Merchant
                  http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                  [email protected]

Comment

It was the newest version on the apps website on 11-18-21.

EDIT: I see a possible problem. I think you may need to update the online file. When I look at the file date for the mvc inside the zip file it shows Thursday, ‎October ‎6, ‎2016, ‏‎4:48:40 PM as the created date.
                    Last edited by habreu; 12-06-21, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by habreu View Post
                      It was the newest version on the apps website on 11-18-21.

EDIT: I see a possible problem. I think you may need to update the online file. When I look at the file date for the mvc inside the zip file it shows Thursday, ‎October ‎6, ‎2016, ‏‎4:48:40 PM as the created date.
                      Hi habreu

Thanks for letting me know of the issue, I just got word they have now updated the link to download the new version. Please give it a try and let me know if it works now.

Many thanks
                      -Eric
                      Eric Foresman
                      Software Tester
                      Miva Merchant
                      http://www.mivamerchant.com/
                      [email protected]

Comment

That did it - thanks Eric.

Comment

Issue: Attribute Machine does not appear to be calculating prices correctly for default variants with sum of parts pricing

Steps to reproduce:

Create component part, price = $100

Create product kit with price of $150, then set up a default variant consisting of 2x component parts and using the sum of parts pricing method.

Load product page of product kit, should expect to see a price of $200. Price shows as $150. Attribute Machine appears to be correctly identifying the default variant and its components, but using the master price of the product kit rather than sum of parts of the default variant.

Alternatively, if I create a product kit with a price of $150, set up a dummy checkbox attribute, use the Inventory Kit Builder to assign the component part with quantity 2 to the dummy checkbox option, then generate variants using sum of parts pricing method, when I visit this product kit product page, Attribute Machine correctly figures out the price of the kit as $200.

Unless there's something I'm missing when setting up the default variant, this appears to be a bug with how Attribute Machine prices default variants when the pricing method is sum of parts.

Comment

In the Shipping Settings section of the admin, on the screen for the module Weight Table Based Shipping, when I select multiple items by placing a check mark and then choose the option to export to CSV, the file that is produced shows the shipping method names correctly, but it returns all zeros instead of the values that are stored for each shipping method.

I tested the same on the screen for Base + Weight shipping, and that produces the CSV export correctly.
                            Todd Gibson
                            Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

I've just noticed something odd that may be a bug--or at least it doesn't work like I would think it should.

I sell both physical and digital products in my store. When I have an order that contains only digital products, Miva automatically sets the order to Shipped status. If an order contains only physical products, I import a CSV with shipping information, and Miva automatically sets those orders to Shipped status and saves the carrier, tracking number, and cost to the order.

But the behavior is different when an order contains both physical and digital products. For these orders Miva initially sets the order to Partially Shipped status. I can import the shipment information on the physical products, and it will save to those products in the order. But Miva does not then update the order to Shipped status--even though all items have now shipped. The order remains perpetually in Partially Shipped status, and I don't see a way to manually change the status to Shipped.

UPDATE: I just had to manually add tracking information to an order with mixed products. When I manually added this to the physical product in the order, Miva updated the status to Shipped. So it appears that it's likely only when importing a CSV with shipment information that this happens.
                              Last edited by oliverands; 01-13-22, 01:02 AM.
                              Todd Gibson
                              Oliver + S | Sewing Patterns for Kids and the Whole Family

Comment

oliverands
                                The order remains perpetually in Partially Shipped status, and I don't see a way to manually change the status to Shipped.
                                We've been sporadically experiencing a similar but not quite identical issue. We use ShipStation for order fulfillment and occasionally all products will be shipped, a tracking number and cost will imported, but the order status in Miva perpetually remains as Pending. We've noticed that there is a specific kit product in the order when this happens. I've only been able to isolate 4 orders so far where this is this case, so it could definitely be a different root cause, but so far, in the orders where I've been alerted to the problem the kit is in each of them.

Psydde Delicious
                                Delicious Boutique & Corseterie
                                Philadelphia, PA
                                www.DeliciousBoutique.com
                                www.DeliciousCorsets.com

Comment

Working...
                                X