Production Release 8 Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Production Release 8 Bugs

Ok, I can see that my last post may have been confusing. I played around with it more, corrected some issues, and discovered others. Here is what I am doing.

I clicked on the "Import Data" link. Using the system here I manually assigned my data fields. It generated a CSV file containing header data which I opened in Excel. I then copied and pasted this to my own header file in the Excel spreadsheet I am currently using for flat file product data. Then, I attempted to upload some test products using the new header data as the first row of a tab deliminated text file. I clicked on "first line is a Header Row" option and uploaded the file. Standard MIVA features load in the right field, but none of my custom fields appear (all seem to be set to SKIP), so I still have to assign them manually.

Kevin
    Last edited by Geographicus; 07-06-11, 03:19 PM.
    TEL: 646-320-8650
    www.GEOGRAPHICUS.com

Comment

Yes, but you should be able to create an Import Routine once with those mappings and save it as say "Kevin Import 1" and then they'll be matched in the future when you run that same file.
      Thanks,

Rick Wilson
      CEO
      Miva, Inc.
      [email protected]
      https://www.miva.com

Comment

Ok, I will experiment more. I guess I just don't understand this.
        Kevin
        TEL: 646-320-8650
        www.GEOGRAPHICUS.com

Comment

I'm happy to help too, send me a sample file if you like and what you want it to do, and I'll help write it up (or adjust). We can then post for Posterity on here.
          Thanks,

Rick Wilson
          CEO
          Miva, Inc.
          [email protected]

Comment

1) Can't import from Flat File in Internet Explorer. (using IE 8) Have to use Firefox.

When you upload the file, it only shows the first 4 fields. No horizontal scrollbar to access other fields. Had the same problem in the previous version before upgrading to version 8 with engine 5.12.

2) Global Inventory settings do not work globally as in Miva 4. In Miva 4 we could Hide and Unhide out of stock items using the setting under Inventory. Unhide inventory to quickly go through site to order products, then hide them again when finished. Not sure why someone would want to decide whether or not to hide out of stock items on an individual basis or why the global setting is still under inventory section if it doesn't work???
            Jim Sisk
            Uncommon Treasures

Comment

1) Can't import from Flat File in Internet Explorer. (using IE 8) Have to use Firefox.

When you upload the file, it only shows the first 4 fields. No horizontal scrollbar to access other fields. Had the same problem in the previous version before upgrading to version 8 with engine 5.12.
              What OS? XP, Vista or 7?

2) Global Inventory settings do not work globally as in Miva 4. In Miva 4 we could Hide and Unhide out of stock items using the setting under Inventory. Unhide inventory to quickly go through site to order products, then hide them again when finished. Not sure why someone would want to decide whether or not to hide out of stock items on an individual basis or why the global setting is still under inventory section if it doesn't work???
              This definitely still works as it did in 4, so something else is wrong in your configuration. You should open a support ticket.
              Thanks,

Rick Wilson
              CEO
              Miva, Inc.
              [email protected]

Comment

1) Using Windows XP with IE 8
                Jim Sisk
                Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Originally posted by jsisk View Post
                  1) Using Windows XP with IE 8
                  I had the same problem with with PR7 (XP/IE8). Switched over to using FF for admin and never looked back. It's faster than IE anyway.
                  Bronson Design Studio, LLC
                  Facebook: facebook.com/bronsondesign

Comment

jsisk,

Can you email me a copy of the file you're using on XP/IE8 that's not working. Also are you using the new Import system for this or the old method?
                    Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                    CEO
                    Miva, Inc.
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by papi34 View Post
                      I had the same problem with with PR7 (XP/IE8). Switched over to using FF for admin and never looked back. It's faster than IE anyway.
                      That is what we have been doing. Only problem is that FF times out on our sort products module and datafeed module at times, so we have to upload the products with FF, then log back in with IE to sort the new products and update our datafeeds.
                      Jim Sisk
                      Uncommon Treasures

Comment

Our Hosting Company upgraded the Miva Engine from 5.04 to 5.12 and then did the upgrade from PR7 to PR8. After the upgrade we encountered two problems, one on the customer side and one on the admin side.

On the customer side, after the customer enters their Credit Card information on the OPAY screen they receive the error message “Unable to authorize payment: mvFile_Resolve is no longer supported”.

On the admin side, when we try to process an order using the Legacy Order Processing we receive the error message “1 error”. FYI, we use LinkPoint.
                        Paul
                        www.Bakedjustforyou.com

Comment

In Chrome and IE8/9 the admin section's product list has a super thin column for the product code. This makes is almost impossible to manage products when most of the product codes are greater than 6 or 7 characters. It's not uncommon to have the code spill over onto three or four lines.

Even when "product code" is the only column selected for display the code is all bunched up on multiple lines at the beginning, then a massive gap of empty space filling most of the page before you get to the "edit here" and "edit" buttons at the end of the row.

Firefox 5 doesn't have this problem but it's such a slow browser I'd prefer this display bug to be fixed than have to use Firefox ;)

Comment

PaulM,

Those are definitely not bugs in PR8 and have something to do with your hosting configuration.

Who is your host?
                            Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                            CEO
                            Miva, Inc.
                            [email protected]

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for your reply, we are hosted by Westhost.
                              Paul
                              www.Bakedjustforyou.com

Comment

Paul,

You should have WestHost open a ticket and then email me the ticket number if you will.
                                Thanks,

Rick Wilson
                                CEO
                                Miva, Inc.
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X